The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Big Bang? New physics model shows universe might have existed forever

key2thecup

It's a stupid analogy. Just because I read and watch Game of Thrones doesn't mean dragons exist in our world.

How is it a stupid analogy? Are you also going to say that Animal Farm was a stupid analogy? Because, last time I checked, farm animals can't talk either.

How is it a stupid analogy? Are you also going to say that Animal Farm was a stupid analogy? Because, last time I checked, farm animals can't talk either.

Animal Farm is Orwell writing something he knows about using animals as a metaphor for humans. Your talking babies is someone writing something the arthor knows nothing about but pretending he or she does.

its-just-a-theory-e1338753060423.jpg

No, it's actually just a theory. Theory being as in layman's terms. Not a scientific theory.

Animal Farm is Orwell writing something he knows about using animals as a metaphor for humans. Your talking babies is someone writing something the author knows nothing about but pretending he or she does.

They were using babies as a metaphor for humans. Is there a problem with that? I don't see one.

Easy there Descartes

I'm honoured.

Animal Farm was well written. Your analogy, not so much.

You're right, Animal Farm was well written. I just didn't like all the journal entries and work we had to do to go with it back in Grade 12.

Life is not a theory. Life is factual. You see it, smell it, touch it, hear it; therefore it's there.

God on the other hand, is a theory. You can't see it, smell it, touch it nor hear it; therefore it doesn't exist.

Speak for yourself, because you can't see, smell or touch it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You can't see or touch the wind yet you believe it exist, why because you witness the effects of it. If you lived in a basement cellar your whole life, you'd have no idea on how to understand wind.

Well I feel the effects of God every day, therefor I believe he exist. Just because you choose to live in a cellar and not try to experience the effects of God makes it hard for you to understand.

They were using babies as a metaphor for humans. Is there a problem with that? I don't see one.

..for humans talking about the after life, and other things which the author knows nothing about and just assumes that they exist. It's all here say and circular logic, which some people fall for of course.

Speak for yourself, because you can't see, smell or touch it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You can't see or touch the wind yet you believe it exist, why because you witness the effects of it. If you lived in a basement cellar your whole life, you'd have no idea on how to understand wind.

Well I feel the effects of God every day, therefor I believe he exist. Just because you choose to live in a cellar and not try to experience the effects of God makes it hard for you to understand.

Actually it does mean it doesn't exist. So what are these effects of god that you feel everyday?

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, wisdom, understanding, advice, knowledge, courage, holiness, awe, wonder, and then there's all these gifts that God has given us, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_gift

I feel all these things too, and more.

And no, god does not exist under any religious denomination. I feel these feelings because I'm a human being, capable of emotions because of the evolution of the human brain, just like you.

I feel all these things too, and more.

And no, God does not exist under any religious denomination. I feel these feelings because I'm a human being, capable of emotions because of the evolution of the human brain, just like you.

You're totally right about the parts that I've bolded. Even though the human brain has evolved over time, these things are from the Spirit of God. You and I are created in the image of God, and that's why we have the desire to be creative, the capacity to be inspired, and have all the qualities and gifts that I listed above.

You're right about the parts that I've bolded. Even though the human brain has evolved over time, these things are from the Spirit of God. You and I are created in the image of God, and that's why we have the desire to be creative, the capacity to be inspired, and have all the qualities and gifts that I listed above.

Proof? Or even evidence?

You're totally right about the parts that I've bolded. Even though the human brain has evolved over time, these things are from the Spirit of God. You and I are created in the image of God, and that's why we have the desire to be creative, the capacity to be inspired, and have all the qualities and gifts that I listed above.

Sounds like you're describing drugs. Drugs make people creative, inspired, happy, joyful, peaceful, wiser, etc., etc., etc.

4290013.jpg

Drugs are a gift from god. Woah :shock:

I've seen people who've been really angry come into the Spirit of God and instantly come into a spirit of peace. The transformation of people's lives is the evidence.

That's vague... Stories of transformation are dime a dozen, a lot of them without godly interventions.

But how are we created in the image of god?? Care to clarify?

That's vague... Stories of transformation are dime a dozen, a lot of them without godly interventions.

But how are we created in the image of god?? Care to clarify?

Before the world even existed, God had you and me and every other human being who's ever existed in his mind, in his thoughts. He decided to create us in his own image. So he formed us out of dust: every nerve, every bone, every muscle, every skin tissue, every brain cell, and every blood cell, and everything else in the image of him. All his characteristics, he instilled in us. To see beauty, to create, and to love everyone around us, and more.

Archived