The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Big Bang? New physics model shows universe might have existed forever

key2thecup

The 99 year worm food mentality blows my mind. We are born, live for nothing and die. I feel sad for those people, really.

Jazz and I and other creationists dont have all the answers. The Bible is not a book written to explain all our questions. Its a road map on life.

All those here who are creationists have landed there in different ways. Its a testament, no pun intended, to the strength of this book and its author.

Do we know why dinosaurs are here? no. We are not a random rock floating in infinite space by accident starting from nothing.

In the end, only time will tell. However I choose the love of a father and creator over a 99 year worm food existence. In the end, if you prefer to be 99 year worm food why do you care what we believe? My opinion, you are searching to fill that void.

The 99 year worm food mentality blows my mind. We are born, live for nothing and die. I feel sad for those people, really.

Jazz and I and other creationists dont have all the answers. The Bible is not a book written to explain all our questions. Its a road map on life.

All those here who are creationists have landed there in different ways. Its a testament, no pun intended, to the strength of this book and its author.

Do we know why dinosaurs are here? no. We are not a random rock floating in infinite space by accident starting from nothing.

In the end, only time will tell. However I choose the love of a father and creator over a 99 year worm food existence. In the end, if you prefer to be 99 year worm food why do you care what we believe? My opinion, you are searching to fill that void.

I love these posts.

The 99 year God's trial of judgement blows my mind. We are born, live for God and die. I feel sad for those people, really. Basing their lives on a set of primitive rules because (usually) their parents told them too. I feel really sorry for those who never even get the option of being exposed to all the religions out there. Judged to Hell without even having a chance of picking the right one, whichever that is.

Us evolutionists/agnostics/atheists don't have all the answers. Science is not complete (and never will be), it's a roadmap for life, how it works, and why it works the way it does.

All those agnostics/atheists have landed there in different ways. It's a testament to how weak the bible/quran/etc. is along with all of its authors. Why try and pretend you know things instead of actively trying to find life's true answers.

In the end, if you prefer to scrape your knees for a "God", why do you care what we believe? My opinion, you are searching to be validated. That your faith can somehow be justified. Why else do you try to bash science? Why else do christians have to try an metaphorically assign alternative definitions to words found in their holy book (ie. behemoth = a dinosaur now). Loosely based metaphors for everyone to try and achieve credence but failing miserably. Dating, records, geological data all thrown away because a book says otherwise. I wonder how Jesus kept his pet T-rex fed each day? Don't think a carpenter has that sort of pocket change.

Your pity is being wasted. I'm about as rainbow as you can get. If people were looking to fill a void, I don't think jazz and you are the ones they'd go to in order to fill it. A 17 year old who knows nothing about what he denounces and a guy who doesn't do much of anything besides come in every couple of pages essentially trolling.

I love these posts.

The 99 year God's trial of judgement blows my mind. We are born, live for God and die. I feel sad for those people, really. Basing their lives on a set of primitive rules because (usually) their parents told them too. I feel really sorry for those who never even get the option of being exposed to all the religions out there. Judged to Hell without even having a chance of picking the right one, whichever that is.

Us evolutionists/agnostics/atheists don't have all the answers. Science is not complete (and never will be), it's a roadmap for life, how it works, and why it works the way it does.

All those agnostics/atheists have landed there in different ways. It's a testament to how weak the bible/quran/etc. is along with all of its authors. Why try and pretend you know things instead of actively trying to find life's true answers.

In the end, if you prefer to scrape your knees for a "God", why do you care what we believe? My opinion, you are searching to be validated. That your faith can somehow be justified. Why else do you try to bash science? Why else do christians have to try an metaphorically assign alternative definitions to words found in their holy book (ie. behemoth = a dinosaur now). Loosely based metaphors for everyone to try and achieve credence but failing miserably. Dating, records, geological data all thrown away because a book says otherwise. I wonder how Jesus kept his pet T-rex fed each day? Don't think a carpenter has that sort of pocket change.

Your pity is being wasted. I'm about as rainbow as you can get. If people were looking to fill a void, I don't think jazz and you are the ones they'd go to in order to fill it. A 17 year old who knows nothing about what he denounces and a guy who doesn't do much of anything besides come in every couple of pages essentially trolling.

Okay, well, whatever. Just know that if I'm wrong, I wasted my life. But if you're wrong, you wasted eternity. And considering I've seen hope and joy and life abundantly with God, Imma stick with it, even if it costs me my life. Listen, if you've seen what I've seen, you'd have a major crisis on your hands as to whether evolution or creation is real. But you can believe whatever you want. I think at this point it's just turned into a war of beliefs, so I'm going to bow out before someone gets hurt or a warning or banned or whatever.

I love these posts.

God created science, science is trying to disprove God. When the LHC comes back online, watch when they learn that the smallest particle they thought there was is made up of smaller particles. They will never find the God particle they search for. I guarantee it. That is science.

PS: You didn't address being 99 year worm food. You are okay with that? Why are you living the life you are living? I am here talking about my faith but you should be out ignoring the little voice in your head making all the babies you can with all the women you want. Like the animal kingdom that you are part of and came from.

Well, I can see from your above post you are flinging your feces, so thats close...

God created science, science is trying to disprove God. When the LHC comes back online, watch when they learn that the smallest particle they thought there was is made up of smaller particles. They will never find the God particle they search for. I guarantee it. That is science.

PS: You didn't address being 99 year worm food. You are okay with that? Why are you living the life you are living? I am here talking about my faith but you should be out ignoring the little voice in your head making all the babies you can with all the women you want. Like the animal kingdom that you are part of and came from.

Well, I can see from your above post you are flinging your feces, so thats close...

Neither of those assertions are remotely true.

This shows you don't even have a basic understanding of what science is... I've personally said MANY times in this forum that science has no opinion what-so-ever on the subject of God because the concept as you believe it is not falsifiable.

Anyways, I'll leave you and Jazz with this tidbit that should really (but obviously wont) underscore why your mode of thinking is dangerous and archaic

Ham-Nye-debate-in-a-nutshell.jpg

... nope. Sorry. Can't do it. Too many beautiful people and animals and birds and plants and rock formations. I just can't stop thinking that this isn't an accident, and that everything is intelligently designed with a purpose. It's too beautiful to be anything else.

:picard:

Lord give me strength to read this thread without saying something ban-worthy. :lol:

PS. That's not flinging feces, that's just using your thought process* against you. I fling feces.

*post-19664-Homer-simpson-brain-gif-mind-

:picard:

Lord give me strength to read this thread without saying something ban-worthy. :lol:

PS. That's not flinging feces, that's just using your thought process* against you. I fling feces.

*post-19664-Homer-simpson-brain-gif-mind-

Why care if you are banned? Why care at all? Its all for nothing in your world. If not, tell me why you are born, live and then die. What is lifes meaning to you and why.

To be a good person? Why? Shouldn't it be to live as long as you can?

Why care if you are banned? Why care at all? Its all for nothing in your world. If not, tell me why you are born, live and then die. What is lifes meaning to you and why.

Wow - I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you if the only reason you believe in God is to give your life meaning.

This world is full of beauty and experiences and strangeness and things to explore and all you can think about is you're nothing but worm food if there is no God.

I feel so bad for you. I'll actually entertain this post.

I don't think life has any inherent meaning. It just is, like a drop of water that lands where it does, and not an inch to the left or right, life just happens to be. There's no reason the drop fell where it did, and other drops fell where it could have, but didn't. Things just happen. Life one of them. I don't think there's any meaning in anything, just cause and effect.

As for why care, that can be boiled down to reproduction. Life replicates, it's what it does as much as water makes things wet. So why care? Because if I didn't, I wouldn't reproduce. It's infinitely more complex than that, of course, but for the sake of this brevity that's my answer.

Now you answer a question of mine. If you think without god we should all be merely trying to inseminate as many females as possible like the animal kingdom does, how is it that the animal kingdom actually has a huge variety of breeding behaviors? There are monogamous animals, there are animals that screw everything they can for pleasure and not reproduction, there are animals that die after sex. How can you possibly say something like,

I am here talking about my faith but you should be out ignoring the little voice in your head making all the babies you can with all the women you want. Like the animal kingdom that you are part of and came from.

and not be thought an ignoramus? You quite clearly have a very limited grasp of the world.

And I must say, if you have a little voice in your head that tells you to do that, and it seems like the only reason you don't act on it is because you suppress that voice with Jesus, I suggest you seek professional help. It sounds like schizophrenia.

Okay, well, whatever. Just know that if I'm wrong, I wasted my life. But if you're wrong, you wasted eternity. And considering I've seen hope and joy and life abundantly with God, Imma stick with it, even if it costs me my life. Listen, if you've seen what I've seen, you'd have a major crisis on your hands as to whether evolution or creation is real. But you can believe whatever you want. I think at this point it's just turned into a war of beliefs, so I'm going to bow out before someone gets hurt or a warning or banned or whatever.

I have seen hope and joy and life abundantly without god.

In fact, I have seen everything the human experience can generate, but I haven't seen god.

cdfdb8ef_9ac6742d_Eating-Popcorn-3-micha

So he is watching. In that case....

... nope. Sorry. Can't do it. Too many beautiful people and animals and birds and plants and rock formations. I just can't stop thinking that this isn't an accident, and that everything is intelligently designed with a purpose. It's too beautiful to be anything else.

You don't have to believe it. Just know that you are wrong.

You don't have to believe it. Just know that you are wrong.

It's not wrong. I've met the God who created everything. I've seen what He's done and what He can do. But like I said before: If I am wrong, I've wasted my life. If you're wrong, you've wasted eternity. I'm just gonna let that sit there.

I just can't see how every sun and supernova, from YV Canis Majoris to nebulas to a tulip or a sparrow or even a human fetus, every beautiful human being, the beauty of a lion or a leopard, the feathers of a peacock, the rings of Saturn, white blood cells, laminin, Ayers Rock, the Alps, the prairies to the Amazon, from gas giants to a butterfly, from stars that fly around the galaxy to human inspiration and intuition, there is absolutely no way that this could possibly be an accident.

It's not wrong. I've met the God who created everything. I've seen what He's done and what He can do. But like I said before: If I am wrong, I've wasted my life. If you're wrong, you've wasted eternity. I'm just gonna let that sit there.

I just can't see how every sun and supernova, from YV Canis Majoris to nebulas to a tulip or a sparrow or even a human fetus, every beautiful human being, the beauty of a lion or a leopard, the feathers of a peacock, the rings of Saturn, white blood cells, laminin, Ayers Rock, the Alps, the prairies to the Amazon, from gas giants to a butterfly, from stars that fly around the galaxy to human inspiration and intuition, there is absolutely no way that this could possibly be an accident.

Well your god sure has a sense or proportion.

By the way, beauty is subjective, dummy. None of those things are beautiful, you just think they are. While we're at it, why aren't you marveling at a turd? God made that, too. :rolleyes:

Thats called Pascal's wager, and anyone who's taken a first year philosophy course has heard it. The easy response to this is I'd rather spend an eternity in Hell then submit to a God that's will to dole out that kind of punishment to good people simply because they don't believe in him. That is NOT a God worth worshiping. We don't need, and we refuse, to be threatened with eternal damnation in order to believe

As for the rest of it, pretty much everyone I know who doesn't believe in God, don't claim that everything was an "accident" - in fact most people I know are very comfortable saying "I don't know how or why it all REALLY started"

What did he look like? Which language did he speak?

Was it this one?

Did he need a Starship??

Archived