The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

China's military not ready 'to fight and win future wars,' new report says

hsedin33

No big deal here.

The US, the world's greatest world power has not won any wars recently despite their propaganda. Are the wars they started in Iraq and Afghanistan really won, considering the constant warfare still occurring within those countries.

Is the war against terrorism won more than a decade after Bush declared it?

Is the war against ISIS going to be won anytime soon? After all, we had Al Queda and they are still around and now ISIS has sort of upstage them. Who else will follow ISIS?

I am sure China is happy to let the US and the West bankrupt themselves in the Middle East fighting terrorism. Note that China has not lift a finger to join the war on terrorism or any other war. Smart move.

Agreed.. even Obama has admitted this that the Chinese are smart for not getting involved in global conflicts, and that the US should strive to do the same.

It's not like the any major country will go to war with China, unless the US was really desperate for something, but even then it'd be a last resort thing. China is a huge part of the global economy so I highly doubt it would need to go to war with another major country. It won't start a war with India over Tibet, it won't defend North Korea if anyone choose to invade it, it won't invade Taiwan, so realistically it won't have to worry about a major war.

I disagree...

Incase you don't know or have forgotten they already went to war with India once before over their border disputes near Tibet, and they are ultra aggressive toward Taiwan. The same can be said about North Korea.

The chinese government is probably the best in the business in regards to censorship and covering up their tracks..

I asked a former roommate from China if he knew about the war with India and he had no clue.. and this is from someone who studied Chinese history..

Agreed.. even Obama has admitted this that the Chinese are smart for not getting involved in global conflicts, and that the US should strive to do the same.

lol maybe he should "strive" a bit harder.

I disagree...

Incase you don't know or have forgotten they already went to war with India once before over their border disputes near Tibet, and they are ultra aggressive toward Taiwan. The same can be said about North Korea.

The chinese government is probably the best in the business in regards to censorship and covering up their tracks..

I asked a former roommate from China if he knew about the war with India and he had no clue.. and this is from someone who studied Chinese history..

China is not going to go to war with a fellow BRICS nation over Tibet, they have too much going together to do that. Not to mention, Tibet wouldn't be worth the war. It might also be worth noting that the Sino-Indian War was fought in the 60s, that's like saying Vietnam is under threat of US invasion because the US invaded it in the 50s.

Sure, they're aggressive towards Taiwan, but they won't care enough to strike the island and risk repercussions. Same with North Korea, it's not going to defend a country that offers nothing to them.

So what's the history of china fracking with the rest of the world ?

Over the centuries they have tried to exert their control over territories and countries close to them but unlike western/european nations they have not travelled to other parts of the world and fracked with other countries.

Guaranteed the chinese have killed more of themselves , their history is periods of peace interrupted periodically by a massive civil war/dynasty war- than peoples of other nations.

US gotta justify the trillions they spend on the means to kill others.

I notice people with an anti-American agenda like to pump up Russia and China. I haven't seen anything that impressive in regards to those two though and personally I agree with this article along with another article I read which suggests Russia is also weaker than thought. For me seeing is believing so guess will have to wait until China actually does something. But going off the last decade I doubt they do a thing.

So what's the history of china fracking with the rest of the world ?

Over the centuries they have tried to exert their control over territories and countries close to them but unlike western/european nations they have not travelled to other parts of the world and fracked with other countries.

Guaranteed the chinese have killed more of themselves , their history is periods of peace interrupted periodically by a massive civil war/dynasty war- than peoples of other nations.

US gotta justify the trillions they spend on the means to kill others.

Yup I'm sure the Chinese would have been cool with Hitler taking over. They probably would have sat around and watched the genocides too. Along with Saddam gassing the Kurds and invading Kuwait. Who knows if every country was like China we could have seen the other amazing things saddam Hussain wanted to do. Maybe finish off those pesky Kurds. Maybe eventually we could count on China to step up and help the world out from time to time, or don't, because better to let just a few genocides go unchecked, as to not meddle in those precious foreign affairs. Same goes for Russia too who would have been equally happy to watch Hitler burn the world. Personally I'm happy with the Americans and what they have accomplished. So are many afghanis and iraqis as well which I have seen and have expressed their sincere gratitude to the Americans. If the Americans got some oil out of the deal.... Good.

Yup I'm sure the Chinese would have been cool with Hitler taking over. They probably would have sat around and watched the genocides too. Along with Saddam gassing the Kurds and invading Kuwait. I'm very confident eventually we could count on China to step up and help the world out from time to time, or don't, because better to let a few genocides go unchecked as to not meddle in those precious foreign affairs. Same goes for Russia too who would have been equally happy to watch Hitler burn the world.

Ed WTF has this got to do with china fracking with the rest of the world.

Tell me Ed what did the rest of the world to do when pol pot commited genocide ?

The Rwandan genocide , the genocidal slaughter of the Tutsi people by the hutu majority.

And even the holocaust , the rest of the world knew what was happening after crystalnacht yet did nothing until germany invaded poland.

Russia sat around and watched hitler burn the world Ed ? the russians lost more people to the germans than the allies did and that part of the war made the conflict with the allies look like a tea party.

Ed you are a great example that light travels faster than the speed of sound.

Ed WTF has this got to do with china fracking with the rest of the world.

Tell me Ed what did the rest of the world to do when pol pot commited genocide ?

The Rwandan genocide , the genocidal slaughter of the Tutsi people by the hutu majority.

And even the holocaust , the rest of the world knew what was happening after crystalnacht yet did nothing until germany invaded poland.

Ed you are a great example that light travels faster than the speed of sound.

My point is the Americans have done more than China ( and most countries ) to help the world. I have seen more than enough thankful Iraqis and afghanis. And that isolationism isn't always a good thing.

My point is the Americans have done more than China ( and most countries ) to help the world. I have seen more than enough thankful Iraqis and afghanis.

I totally disagree ED , i believe that since WW2 they have done more fracking with countries than helping them.

Show me these grateful Iraqi's and afgahnis Ed , I can show you some very ungrateful afghani's

www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2014/10/27/4113193.htm

Going by your posts you do not seem to really know history so your "opinion" does not have much credibilty.

I totally disagree ED , i believe that since WW2 they have done more fracking with countries than helping them.

Show me these grateful Iraqi's and afgahnis Ed , I can show you some very ungrateful afghani's

www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2014/10/27/4113193.htm

Going by your posts you do not seem to really know history so your "opinion" does not have much credibilty.

There are positives and negatives to the Americans international meddling. In my experience and from what I have seen, there are simply more positives.

There are positives and negatives to the Americans international meddling. In my experience and from what I have seen, there are simply more positives.

Tell what is your experience and what have you seen in relation with americas " international meddling' .

I am still waiting to hear from all the iraqi's and afgahnis you have met that are singing americas praises.

lol, maybe if china didn't spend 1900 of the last 2000 years more or less in the same position of poverty they'd have more of international 'meddling' under their belt, instead of exploiting solely their own and neighbouring people

not colonial enough, needs to take a lesson from the Japanese and think bigger

actually the mao zhe dong era kinda pushed them back in terms of modernization. During that era, they depended on themselves and it hurt them. It wasnt until the past 20 years, when China finally opened up their doors and focused on economy.

Not sure what the world thinks of China, a lot of you guys seems to be underestimating that country. Sure their are some people living in poverty, but keep in mind they have the second most billionaires on the planet, the second biggest economy, on route to be number 1, the fastest growing economy, extremley influential people. They have their bads too such as freedom of speech although recently there's been many protests. They are not perfect, but they are vastly one of the fastest growing countries in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_China_by_population

kindly click on the links for every chinese city.

in terms of their milatery , not sure why they are underestimated. Sure they are not a Western power, but they are still force to be reckon with. They have a powerful air force, the J-20 is gonig to be the 1st "stealth" all purpose air fighter, their tanks are modern, their weapons are modern, heck they have the best well trained special forces in the world,

http://www.popsci.com/blog-network/eastern-arsenal/chinese-special-forces-take-1st-2nd-and-4th-place-%E2%80%9Colympics%E2%80%9D-elite

i'm not by any means paid by the Chinese government, but they are not a weak force. Sure if you guy don't see them, or if any other Governments don't see them as a threat, sure.... but they are a force to be reckon with.

lol, maybe if china didn't spend 1900 of the last 2000 years more or less in the same position of poverty they'd have more of international 'meddling' under their belt, instead of exploiting solely their own and neighbouring people

So for the majority of the last 1900 out of the last 2000 years the average person in 'western countries' has not lived in squalor and poverty ?

I suggest you you read authors like charles dickens to get an idea of what life was like for your average joe as late as the 1900's

China and and India were top in terms of GDP for more than 1000 years well before any western nations became super powers.

Obviously colonialism and various empires (external and internal) robbed it of its wealth. Same could be said about India.

Some even believe that someone from China was the first to reach the Americas via California..

But yeah..

So for the majority of the last 1900 out of the last 2000 years the average person in 'western countries' has not lived in squalor and poverty ?

I suggest you you read authors like charles dickens to get an idea of what life was like for your average joe as late as the 1900's

i don't think i get your point? i'm sure poverty has existed everywhere. i googled this "Charles Dickens" fellow you speak of, and it seems to me the content described in the books he supposedly wrote was inspired by cultural and social revolution (like the industrial revolution). the difference here is that in China poverty existed because of the prolonged feudal-like system that existed there from the top down, keeping the vast, vast, vast majority of its people poor and culturally isolated--the exact opposite of england's political structure

i don't think i get your point? i'm sure poverty has existed everywhere. i googled this "Charles Dickens" fellow you speak of, and it seems to me the content described in the books he supposedly wrote was inspired by cultural and social revolution (like the industrial revolution). the difference here is that in China poverty existed because of the prolonged feudal-like system that existed there from the top down, keeping the vast, vast, vast majority of its people poor and culturally isolated--the exact opposite of england's political structure

I am not surprised you did not get my point , so I will make it clearer for you .

If you had actually read his books rather than googled charles dickens then you would know that many of them desrcibed the quality of life of the average briton in the 19th century , and the quality of life was pretty crappy by any standards.

You tried to associate china's lack of empire building to the fact that the majority of them lived in poverty , if so why did the european powers have empire building ambitions while most of their population lived in squalor and poverty for 1900 out of the last 200 years ?

Do you get my point now ?

Archived