The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jaromir Jagr to Panthers

For those saying a 2015 2nd is a steep price, it doesn't matter for Florida. They've got a plethora of young prospects ready to play in the NHL in the next couple of years. No need to stockpile the cupboards anymore when there's no more room to fit anything else in. It's time to start building a winning environment and culture in Florida and this move pushes them towards that winning culture they're trying to establish with the young guys.

Gerard Gallant on Jaromir Jagr: "He was outstanding. He makes your team a lot better, gives your team a lot of confidence."

Jagr: "I'm going to do my best, that's why I'm here. I've played the game so many years, when you add Europe I think it's the most ever, so I have a lot of experience. This makes me a little more excited. This is a new life."

Even if the Panthers don't make the playoffs, having a guy like Jagr around that young team is going to do wonders for their future. They're going to learn some things over the next 20 games that they'll remember for a long time, watch-out for those young guns.

Archived