The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Sabres

-Vintage Canuck-

Not saying injuring is an excuse that Canucks lost today, but name me another team where they lost an Edler, a Bieksa, a Corrado, a Tanev, a Miller, a Burrows, and a Richardson.

That equals to:

1 bottom 6 player

1 player that can play the top 6 & bottom 6

2 best D's on the team

1 top 4 D (arguably top 6)

1 top 6 or depth D

1 starting G

At some point it does become as an excuse whether people think it is or not.

The players won't admit to it, but when two third of your D are AHL players and depth defenseman, your odds of winning start to drop.

These guys have stepped up admirably, but there's a reason why they're depth players.

I dunno, you kind of do have to expect that if you think this team is to be taken seriously.

Now hindsight is 20/20 but now WD has a predicament. Now Lack had a bad game and if you go to Markstrom you risk Lack losing confidence moving forward. Whereas if you went with Marky tonight Lack knows he is getting the next home game and he rides into still full of confidence from his previous games.

Tough third period for Lack, but hopefully it is a learning experience and he grows from this. The team needed this 2 points though.

This game had Markstrom written all over it, but the rookie coach read it all wrong.

Buffalo was missing Ennis and Girgensons, their top offensive guy on the ice tonight was Moulson with a whopping 26 points coming into tonight

and they put up 6 goals against us.

no excuse for that

We should have won tonight, yes. It's not okay that we didn't. You're right.

I just don't think it's as horrible as people are making it out to be.

why are you doing this now

we beat nyr, nyi, boston

give it a rest

they don't need excuses made for them

If you read my post, i said injury wasn't an excuse.

I'm just pointing out to another person that said: "cause every other team in the league doesn't deal have to deal with them as well"

I replied by basically saying: are those teams missing the type and amount of players we have?

This game had Markstrom written all over it, but the rookie coach read it all wrong.

He is a rookie, and rookies make mistakes. Everyone knows that Markstrom is a great AHL goalie and Buffalo is an AHL team so it should have been an obvious choice but the rookie somehow missed it.

Not saying injuring is an excuse that Canucks lost today, but name me another team where they lost an Edler, a Bieksa, a Corrado, a Tanev, a Miller, a Burrows, and a Richardson.

That equals to:

1 bottom 6 player

1 player that can play the top 6 & bottom 6

2 best D's on the team

1 top 4 D (arguably top 6)

1 top 6 or depth D

1 starting G

The offensively challenged Buffalo team lost their 2 top point producers and are the worst team in the NHL. I dont care how many injuries we have on D we should be able to beat them. Lets stop with the injury excuses, If we had lost to Preds then its understandable, but we lost to a bottom feeder thats also shorthanded... so nobody can use the injuries here.

I desperately want to slap Eddie Lack in the face with a brick

That is one hell of a nasty thing to say.

Sky isn't falling people. Still in the playoff picture and we're on the upswing of this injury streak, guys will start to return on the homestand.

Buffalo might be historically bad but they're still an NHL team, one that has beaten 19 others this season.

The offensively challenged Buffalo team lost their 2 top point producers and are the worst team in the NHL. I dont care how many injuries we have on D we should be able to beat them. Lets stop with the injury excuses, If we had lost to Preds then its understandable, but we lost to a bottom feeder thats also shorthanded... so nobody can use the injuries here.

we're missing 7 guys due to injury, Buffalo is missing 8 including their 2 top scorers

didn't seem to bother them

When your D-men can hardly make a pass out of their own zone or hit the net with their shots, it does have an impact.

Forwards need their D-men to get the puck on their stick, or they're gonna have a tough time making plays.

LA lost 1-0 to them back in December. Every excuses for them just because they won a Cup right?

People need to realize that just because Buffalo is tanking, doesn't mean they're a bad team. Yes we should have won, but we're also not elite. We're a team fighting for a playoff spot hoping other west teams lose.

Archived