The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Sabres

-Vintage Canuck-

LA lost 1-0 to them back in December. Every excuses for them just because they won a Cup right?

People need to realize that just because Buffalo is tanking, doesn't mean they're a bad team. Yes we should have won, but we're also not elite. We're a team fighting for a playoff spot hoping other west teams lose.

losing 1-0 > losing 6-3

The offensively challenged Buffalo team lost their 2 top point producers and are the worst team in the NHL. I dont care how many injuries we have on D we should be able to beat them. Lets stop with the injury excuses, If we had lost to Preds then its understandable, but we lost to a bottom feeder thats also shorthanded... so nobody can use the injuries here.

I mean Bieksa, Edler, Richardson, Tanev, Burrows, Corrado, and Miller, that's an all-star team right there! What team can lose so much and still win? The Canucks! Not every game mind you but destroying Boston in its own building, that's astatement.

LA lost 1-0 to them back in December. Every excuses for them just because they won a Cup right?

People need to realize that just because Buffalo is tanking, doesn't mean they're a bad team. Yes we should have won, but we're also not elite. We're a team fighting for a playoff spot hoping other west teams lose.

Biggest pitfall a team can fall into is underestimating an opponent.

People on here acted like this game was a gimme.

These teams are still playing hard and fighting for roster spots/contracts, they're not just gonna roll over.

So , the team was prepare for three win, is Dan, mean we can lost against Buffalo?? :picard::picard::picard:

Nice English?

Let me ask you this, did you expected the Canucks to win against BOS, NYI, and NYR?

Yes, we should have won against Buffalo, but winning against 3 good teams is a lot better than winning against 2 bad teams and losing the rest.

People here need to be more positive and realize that losing against Buffalo doesn't = end of the world. People are overreacting a bit too much here.

Biggest pitfall a team can fall into is underestimating an opponent.

People on here acted like this game was a gimme.

These teams are still playing hard and fighting for roster spots/contracts, they're not just gonna roll over.

I don't think it was the people on here that underestimated the Sabres...I think it was the Nucks on the ice.

It was our vets who largely didn't show up tonight until it was too late (Sedins) so what is their excuse for not knowing the dangers of underestimating a bottom team?

Anyone who blames lack for this loss doesn't understand defensive coverage. Example, Lack wouldn't have had to make a split second decision to attack the puck carrier if our defense didn't let yet another odd man rush come down the ice.

It's amazing our depth defense has done so well in the past few games, given that our 3 best are injured, but this shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone.

There were times I thought Biega might have forgot what position he was playing

Yeah not sure what he's getting at. He was the only one on the Sedin line that was actually trying..

Hank with another poor night in the circle at 38%, our only centerman below 50%. Not sure how the injuries explain that. Certainly our top guys did not set the pace or led the way tonight in showing the young guys how to preparer for an important game against weak opposition.

Archived