The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Conor(like Lindros, discussion)

Hard to compare it to the Nords/Lindros..That was partly attributable to Fr/Eng culture differences/preferences; as well, there was no cap-factor at the time.

Still imagine some lucky team lands the lotto..Which GM is most likely to consider accepting a huge package for McDavid?

Which other franchise would most likely have the resources/wherewithal to land him? Buffalo, Edm, Philly or TBay perhaps?

What's an example package that it would take,(given CM's performance, this season)?

Example: If Edm landed the #1, what if TBay offered: Drouin, Hedman(great contract), Vasilevsky & their 1st? Perhaps TBay could add one of Johnson, Palat or Kucherov, instead of the pick? They definitely could assemble an attractive, enticing package.

Should Buffalo lose the lotto, might they offer Ristolainen, Reinhart & their pick? With their owners deep pockets, Murray might go farther than any GM to land McDavid(eg:take back 1 or 2 lousy contracts, in the deal)

Could Philly offer a Simmonds, Voracek, young D-package?

If an unlikely team wins the lotto, would the chance of such a deal increase?

All hypothetical, but it would make for quite a story, & interested if any have opinions/insights on this. Would've been madness if the Lindros deal happened in the internet-age.

I'll play.

TOR

McDavid

EDM

Phaneuf

Kessel

Lupul

1st

I'll play.

TOR

McDavid

EDM

Phaneuf

Kessel

Lupul

1st

This would be horrible for a building EDM team, those TO players need to go somewhere where they aren't part of a leadership group and are supporting players.

Like I said in another thread I think EDM should go after OEL and the 3OA (PHX)

There are 2 teams capable of fielding offers.

Buffalo: Reinhardt, 2nd overall and defensive prospect That's a start.

Arizona: Duclair, OEL, 3rd overall That is a star

Throw in is Pittsburgh: Crosby (As a standalone) or Malkin, Pouliot 2016 1st 2017 1st.

That is it really. Nobody else can field anything that they'd want except maybe Tampa and that is going to be Drouin, DeAngelo +++ just to start

TBay offered: Drouin, Hedman(great contract), Vasilevsky & their 1st? Perhaps TBay could add one of Johnson, Palat or Kucherov, instead of the pick? They definitely could assemble an attractive, enticing package.

Drouin + Hedman + Vasilevsky + 1st 2015 or Johnson? I consider Connor an unbelievable talent who will rival Sidney Crosby in terms of ability and consistency throughout his career, but I would make this trade. Solves so many problems for Edm in one foul swoop.

There are 2 teams capable of fielding offers.

Buffalo: Reinhardt, 2nd overall and defensive prospect That's a start.

Arizona: Duclair, OEL, 3rd overall That is a star

Throw in is Pittsburgh: Crosby (As a standalone) or Malkin, Pouliot 2016 1st 2017 1st.

That is it really. Nobody else can field anything that they'd want except maybe Tampa and that is going to be Drouin, DeAngelo +++ just to start

I'm pretty sure Malkin would have equal if not greater value to McDavid.. You hope that McDavid becomes a similar player to Malkin -- and with Edmonton's track record.. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Archived