The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

‘Embarrassing’ new bylaw in Taber, Alberta outlaws swearing, restricts public assembly

Rick Grimes

One of those men? If you mean Gentleman then guilty as charged, at least I try which appears to me more than you can say.

c5a261e635d541859c5777478649a160.jpg

christian dads unite. we are our father's sons!

maybe some women just don't like skeezy dudes "trying," as you say, to mimic the social graces that aren't in accordance with our time. one, because it's confusing as hell. two, because putting in an effort to appear polite isn't actually an indication of politeness. and three, a REAL gentlesir will take the current social climate into consideration and apply it to how he treats people. he wouldn't try to impose his stupid beliefs onto the world and then get upset when the world doesn't share his view because it doesn't jive with their experiences or beliefs

i'm all for a shame based culture, but only to an extent. you can't shield your kids or wives from F bombs, just as i can't withhold my profanity-glazed enthusiasm when i see fruity pebbles on sale

Kids do stuff like graffiti because they have "nothing to do". Instead of fines. How about 250 to 750 hours of community work.

PAINTING. First thing they have to do is paint over their own graffiti. Then paint the community centre, schools etc. That way they learn something useful, heck learn to do install drywall as well. 250 hours at 5 hours a day is 50 days of hard work. What good is a fine when it's mommy and daddy pay it?

Kids do stuff like graffiti not only cause they have "nothing better do" but because they are looking for a form of expression. Huge problem with this generation. They don't express themselves in a healthy way.

Yes it is not wise to say everything on your mind, but it's not wise to keep it all in either. It's all about balance in life, that's the key.

Kids do stuff like graffiti not only cause they have "nothing better do" but because they are looking for a form of expression. Huge problem with this generation. They don't express themselves in a healthy way.

Yes it is not wise to say everything on your mind, but it's not wise to keep it all in either. It's all about balance in life, that's the key.

Why not set up an arts shop in the town, open 24/7? Have walls, canvases, and paints (watercolour, spray, etc.) for kids ages 10-17 to paint. It would be a "healthy way" of expressing themselves.

christian dads unite. we are our father's sons!

maybe some women just don't like skeezy dudes "trying," as you say, to mimic the social graces that aren't in accordance with our time. one, because it's confusing as hell. two, because putting in an effort to appear polite isn't actually an indication of politeness. and three, a REAL gentlesir will take the current social climate into consideration and apply it to how he treats people. he wouldn't try to impose his stupid beliefs onto the world and then get upset when the world doesn't share his view because it doesn't jive with their experiences or beliefs

i'm all for a shame based culture, but only to an extent. you can't shield your kids or wives from F bombs, just as i can't withhold my profanity-glazed enthusiasm when i see fruity pebbles on sale

What the hell is this? Looks like rainbow cat litter.

What the hell is this? Looks like rainbow cat litter.

it's a crystallized sugar / food colouring mix that you pour milk on and eat. during the eating process, your gums will start bleeding and be carved up. after you've completed the meal, you won't feel full at all, except for some mild milk-related bloating

not sure they sell it anymore, but it was great back in the day

you most definitely can, one you paint over and the other you promote.

Maybe as a way to tackle the problem... but 99% of graffiti writers who paint the pieces you all love also paint the tags and throw ups you all hate. It's part of the gig.

Why not set up an arts shop in the town, open 24/7? Have walls, canvases, and paints (watercolour, spray, etc.) for kids ages 10-17 to paint. It would be a "healthy way" of expressing themselves.

Then you're just giving kids a free place to practice so they're better and more efficient when they do it illegally. That's literally what municipalities think. Thats why you won't find many, if any, legals spots to paint graffiti in most cities.

Then you're just giving kids a free place to practice so they're better and more efficient when they do it illegally. That's literally what municipalities think. Thats why you won't find many, if any, legals spots to paint graffiti in most cities.

The only graffiti i'm sick and tired of seeing around is McDonalds signs and Wal-Mart billboards

I don't live in Taber, but word on the street is this is purely aimed at the Mexican Mennonites that are rebelling in town. Kids aren't going to school, families are running drugs, and the groups are not really advancing the area so to speak.

I guess the alternative would be to offer bus tickets to the west coast for all of them, it worked for the homeless right?

Are those the same Mormon turds who outlawed drinking in that town? Or at least it is much frowned upon? I know there's a town in AB that is like this because of Mormons.

That would be Cardston. It's a Mormon settlement that has been dry for well over a century. There was a plebiscite back in October that would have repealed the ban on alcohol, but 80% voted no.

Are you this obnoxious with everyone or have I done something to warrent special attention? I am not talking about following Victorian social customs here, just simple common courtesies, being polite, holding the door open for the person behind you, watch your language, treat a woman like a lady even if she doesn't behave like one, don't lie or cheat, things that never go out of style but seem to be ignored by the many people.

Feminism took away a lot of chivalry from our society, even if it didn't mean to. That's why these things have been ignored.

Archived