The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) VAN-EDM

On draft day, if Edmonton gets 3rd overall we may be able to trade for Hannifan (not sure on the spelling).

I was thinking something like:

To Edmonton:

Markstrom

Shinkaruk

Clendenning (if needed to sweeten the deal)

2015 1st

To Van:

3rd overall (Hannifan).

Were going to need to trade one of Lack/Markstrom in the offseason. With the way Lack has been playing it will most likely be Markstrom.

Shinkaruk will be a key part of the deal. He is tradeable now that we have Baertschi, of course if the price is right.

Then our 1st

If we need to sweeten the deal we could use Clendenning.

It is a lot going their way, but we have the depth to make a move like this. We could rebuild through FA.

Thoughts?

EDIT: doesn't need to be the Oilers. Which ever team gets 3rd overall.

Never realized his name rhymed this way, but

Noah Hanifin...

Noah Hapifin...

Noah Happinin...

Noat Happenin'...

Not Happenin'!!!!!

No way Edmonton trades a stud like that away, when none of the guys in return are likely to have the impact that having Noah would have on a team like Edmonton. Markstrom's not even an NHL-er for sure, they don't need Shinkaruk, Clendening doesn't have the same upside. Doubt any combo of these four gets it done. We'd probably have to include one of our top-4 D-men in a deal for that pick.

Edmonton is looking for top centers more than anything right now. They are going to have anywhere with #1-#3 pick this year, which they will use to get any of McDavid, Eichel, or Dylan Strome.

While I like the idea of getting such a high pick, Edmonton wouldn't even consider a trade with us unless it was something along the lines of:

Edmonton: 1st 2015

Vancouver: Horvat, Virtanen, 1st 2015

And I would never want to make that trade

On draft day, if Edmonton gets 3rd overall we may be able to trade for Hannifan (not sure on the spelling).

To Edmonton:

Markstrom

Shinkaruk

2015 1st

To Van:

3rd overall (Hannifan).

Were going to need to trade one of Lack/Markstrom in the offseason. With the way Lack has been playing it will most likely be Markstrom.

Shinkaruk will be a key part of the deal. He is tradeable now that we have Baertschi, of course if the price is right.

Then our 1st

It is a lot going their way, but we have the depth to make a move like this. We could rebuild through FA.

Thoughts?

IF this idea were to be tossed around by MacT and JB, with the way Lack has been playing it would most certainly be Lack. Why would Edmonton want a 25 year old project goalie who's almost entirely unproven at the NHL level and seems to struggle with confidence issues? That seems like the worst kind of idea for them, unless of course they're trying to tank even harder for next year.

Regarding the rest of the proposal, quantity does not equal quality. IMO, when you're looking at a trade proposal it's gotta suck a little bit to give up what you're giving up otherwise it's probably not fair. The odd time, yes, a team gets fleeced but generally trades are pretty balanced. To obtain the 3rd in this draft it's gonna take a lot more than what you've proposed. I don't think it'll cost Bo, Virtanen, AND our first like orango said but it'll cost a lot. Maybe for a top 2 pick that would be the price but Hanifin is generally regarded as being a clear step down from McDavid and Eichel. One of Bo/Jake, our first, and 2015/2016 third (which we'd have to recoup, as JB said he plans to do) would probably do it for the third overall pick.

edmonton will be drafting a D, they already have hopkins and draisatl. bunch of offensive weapons, its known their D is a massive weakness.

They could still draft a D with our pick. They have Nurse and Shultz so they're not weak on D prospects.if Lack keepd playing the way he has been he will be the one we could trade.

Even something like:

TO EDM:

Shinkaruk

Clendenning/Subban or both

Lack

1st

TO VAN:

1st

Edmonton gets a starting goalie that could bring them to the playoffs, 2 D prospects, and a 1st round pick in Shinkaruk only to move down 15-27 picks in this deep draft. With this draft being so deep they could still draft a great defencman with our pick.

Unless they got offered more, they would be crazy not to take it IMHO.

Hanifin

For

Lack

Subban

Clendenning

Shinkaruk

Kylington (?)

Thats 4 prospects for 1 plus a young proven goalie in Lack

To Edmonton:

Markstrom

Shinkaruk

2015 1st

To Van:

3rd overall (Hannifan).

Then our 1st

Thoughts?

It's fair if it's Lack instead of Markstrom. Even so, I still do it. Hanifin is the type of player we need more than anything right now.

It's fair if it's Lack instead of Markstrom. Even so, I still do it. Hanifin is the type of player we need more than anything right now.

Agreed. I can't remember the last time we had a defence prospect of Hanifin's potential.

Archived