The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

Finally got the game. My god, is it ever tough to make trades in this.

It's not like EA NHL, that's for sure. Trying to acquire top talent through trade is next to impossible unless they've demanded a move or the team is in cap hell. You'll get the hang of it eventually though.

Finally got the game. My god, is it ever tough to make trades in this.

It's more than tough. Sometimes you can set a "huge deal"..

Off-season 2018/2019, Lindholm doesn't resign in Anaheim, I trade for his rights (Fox, 2nd + 3rd'19) and want to sign him to a 4y contract for $4.2/y, but he goes to the Arbitration. I got a deal with him for one-year contract $4.1/y.

Edited by Cocolocci

3013ddk.jpg

2018-19 roster

Won the cup in 2017 but that's it, first two years came last place. No one from year one left on the roster :P

some hidden gems are Christian Djoos and Rasmus Andersson (got him 31st overall, he usually drops)

I got Fowler through free agency and I got Eichel for Bonino, Spaling and a 2019 1st round pick. Jesper Fast turned into a Hart trophy winner for me at 22 years old

Edited by -Stammer-

Hey guys, Ive given benning the boot at the start of last season and taken control of my beloved canucks. I traded weber for McClement, and mcmillian&a 4th for Mark stuart.

I need a little assistance in rounding out my roster.

Sedin/Sedin/Jensen

higgins/bonino/vrbata

burrows/richardson/hansen

dorsett/McClement/Kassian.

vey/horvat/stanton

edler/tanev

hamhuis/bieksa

mark stuart/Sbisa

Now, I realize this wouldnt be ideal in real life as jensen is not NHL ready, and secondly he isnt first line material. The game lists him as big and fast and with stats that lend well to sedinery. In past attempts he did a lot of scoring on that top line.

1rst line offence/skill off the charts.

2nd line provides average speed, good defence, and decent offence.

3rd line provides good and fast defensive coverage.

4th line presents as low skill High-Truculance defensive line.

Id like to improve upon two areas,

1. Upgrade on richardson. he's rated a bit slower and smaller than id like and his faceoff stats are not where they need to be for a checking/defence line. I tried to snatch manny malhotra from the canadians, but they wouldn't give him up for anything. needs to be 2m or less cap hit. so a salty veteran is a good option here.

2. Upgrade on kassian. needs to be defensively good and a lot faster. Need about the same truculance level. Like Hansen, were he a half decent knuckle chucker and a bit heavier.

In the game, horvat has crap faceoff skill (i know right!) but to be fair this roster is from before we saw horvat kick ass all year. so i cant use him in the 3rd/4th line full time yet. good option for injury tho.

cool thx, any tips on players that might fit my needs?

so far im pulling up a blank.

Some great trades I pulled in the first two seasons:

Pre-season, season 1: Nicklas Jensen + Brad Richardson = Tomas Tatar + Riley Sheahan + DET 3rd

End result: Tatar passed 700 career goals for me, Sheahan was used later in another great trade. Naturally, Richardson was waived shortly after and came back.

Christmas, season 1: Dan Hamhuis + Chris Higgins + Tom Wilson = Milan Lucic + Ryan Spooner + Seth Griffith

End result: Spooner and Griffith were 3rd/4th line 40pt scorers for c.8 seasons, and won 7 cups (I only ever called them up for injuries and playoffs). Lucic was a beast before I traded him. Wilson had only cost Anton Rodin + 4th.

February, season 1: 1st + 2nd round pick = rights to 18 year old Sam Bennett

End result: AHL top scorer five seasons running, best callup to the big leagues. Amazing stats, could never fit him in.

Pre-season, season 2: two 1sts + two 2nds = Leon Draisatl

End result: Nearly 1,000 points, 9 cups, best 2/3LC I've ever had on any EHM game.

Pre-season, season 2: two 1sts + James van Riemsdyk = Milan Lucic + Riley Sheahan + Yannick Weber + 3rd

End result: More than 1,000 points, 8 cups, stalwart 2LW who scored 30G + 50A every season.

Pre-season, season 2: Dan Ellis + two 3rds = Nail Yakupov + 2nd

End result: More than 700 career goals, multiple cups, great winger for the twins.

Pre-season, season 2: UFA signing of Jake Allen

End result: 11 seasons in a row with at least 50 wins. Terrible GAA and SV% but I was scoring so much I didn't need him to save lots.

February, season 2: Yannick Weber + rights to Alec Baer + 3rd = Dennis Wideman

End result: Scored two seasons of 90+ points. Was incredible, even when paired with Tim Gleason for 30 games during yet another Edler injury. Weber was waived and came back.

Hope some of that helps - everyone on here will have different moves that worked - these worked for me. I'm now well past the Sedins, Edler, Burrows - Horvat is 32, McDavid is a bust, Drouin is the best player in the league. It's fascinating seeing how the game pans out.

Edited by Guest