The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (2) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Calgary Flames

Mathew Barzal

Questions: Day 2  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A friend and I who're die hard Canucks fans since '93 are coming up from the states. We're American and have been to Vancouver but never between there and Calgary. We're doing a major road trip and depending on how things play out we're prob doing game four in Calgary and game five in Vancouver. My question is how are the roads in April through Kamloops, Banff, etc? Think we'll be alright or are the roads usually pretty clear? Are the roads ever closed during the winter?

Where do you think the best bet is to get tickets? Craigslist? Scalpers outside? Is there another source you recommend? Thanks again everyone! Are they already sold out online?

Demand in Calgary is probably through the roof right now, that's why I'm guessing.

Yea no kidding... Way too expensive to go there and most likely have beer/popcorn thrown at me and possibly beaten up :P

Too bad. Maybe round 2 vs Anaheim trip! Doubt the quacks and princess Ryana can beat the jets though.

Where do you think the best bet is to get tickets? Craigslist? Scalpers outside? Is there another source you recommend? Thanks again everyone! Are they already sold out online?

Stubhub is safest. Craigslist is a little more risky but should be fine as long as u get their ID and what not.

Canucks lines at practice:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Extras: Vey, McMillan

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Weber

Sbisa - Bieksa

Extra: Stanton

Did they send Baertschi back down? not sure if they can? Or is he an extra as well?

I think those lines are good enough for 4 series :towel:

Just saw 2 predictions online today and they both were consistent in the fact that the flames speed will be the deciding factor that the flames are going to win in 6. I truly want our boys to win, but this might be Chicago - Canucks 08-09 all over again.

They may have speed but they are young.

And there are strategies for shutting down speedy teams. Im sure WD is on top of it. I think that's why there is so much optimism this year is because our coach will adapt to different strategies instead of just doing the same ol same ol

Just saw 2 predictions online today and they both were consistent in the fact that the flames speed will be the deciding factor that the flames are going to win in 6. I truly want our boys to win, but this might be Chicago - Canucks 08-09 all over again.

Who are they? Ron McLean and Craig Button is my guess.

We had a speedy guy...Mason Raymond. But speed only takes you so far then you have to convert it into something.

Not even worried. If they skate in really fast and fall (or get knocked) down, on their ass, it's much ado about nothing. Experience. Positioning. Grit. Toughness.

The faster they are the more likely to harder they fall, or something like that.

Bring it.

Who are they? Ron McLean and Craig Button is my guess.

We had a speedy guy...Mason Raymond. But speed only takes you so far then you have to convert it into something.

Not even worried. If they skate in really fast and fall (or get knocked) down, on their ass, it's much ado about nothing. Experience. Positioning. Grit. Toughness.

The faster they are the more likely to harder they fall, or something like that.

Bring it.

Faster they are the quicker they fall?

Wednesday, April 15, 7 p.m. PT Calgary at Vancouver (Rogers Arena)

Friday, April 17, 7 p.m. PT Calgary at Vancouver (Rogers Arena)
Sunday, April 19, 7 p.m. PT Vancouver at Calgary (Scotiabank Saddledome)
Tuesday, April 21, 7 p.m. PT Vancouver at Calgary (Scotiabank Saddledome)
*Thursday, April 23, TBD Calgary at Vancouver (Rogers Arena)
*Saturday, April 25, TBD Vancouver at Calgary (Scotiabank Saddledome)
*Monday, April 27, TBD Calgary at Vancouver (Rogers Arena)

*if necessary

May have already been posted. W/E

The biggest key for the Canucks is they must get a killer instinct.

If you get a lead on calgary "DON"T TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE GAS" If they are down then step on their throats and keep them there. If you don't then the Flames will always think they have a chance. They must be deprived of that

Archived