The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stripping will now only be legal in Saskatchewan if it’s for charity or community benefit

Lockout Casualty

My canadian friends used to call them Peelers . I was a bit confused when my friend Flynn told me he was gonna take me to a peeler bar.

Aaaaa yes Canadian slang at it's finest :D I guess you would be confused

Peeler : a member of her majesty's constabulary: a police officer; especially in the United Kingdom and Australia. Derived from the name of Sir Robert Peel who developed the Metropolitan Police Act in 1928 which proved to be the foundation for the modern police force in Britain.

There are definitely worse things the Government could ban imho.

"Quick! Stash the biscuits! That bloke's a peeler!"

Aaaaa yes Canadian slang at it's finest :D I guess you would be confused

Peeler : a member of her majesty's constabulary: a police officer; especially in the United Kingdom and Australia. Derived from the name of Sir Robert Peel who developed the Metropolitan Police Act in 1928 which proved to be the foundation for the modern police force in Britain.

There are definitely worse things the Government could ban imho.

"Quick! Stash the biscuits! That bloke's a peeler!"

I remember sitting in The Boot at whistler in 97 when these naked chicks ran through the communal area from the bar , one of them sat down next to me and started chatting , telling me that she was a peeler and part of the " boot ballet".

Shortly after the Boot shut whistler council banned strippers from the town/resort.

Have to agree with Special Ed on all counts here.

I find it sad that someone who chooses to strip for money is generalized as a drug addict, loser. Some of these women have made an immense amount of money and put themselves through school with no student loans etc eating away at their finances afterwards.

The woman I know personally has put herself through medical school, such a loser right ? not to mention one person's insecurities or conservative upbringing shouldn't dis-count what someone else is doing and might I add enjoying.

A stripping doctor. Now that's pretty awesome.

On topic, if people dont like strip joints, then dont go to them! Simple. You have to be an adult to gain entry and if I'm not mistaken, adults are allowed to make decisions for themselves.

What a person does for money is their business. As long as it's not negatively affecting anybody else, theres no harm with it whatsoever.

Not sure why so many people (some of them in this very thread), are so opinionated about things like this. Don't like it? Don't support it.

I'd rather someone strip for a living then leech of government resources and tax dollars while they sit at home eating cheetos and watching Maury Povich.

Well probably because some are exploited through the process and if desperation seeps into the equation, then that really comes into play.

I don't have a problem with it if everyone is treated fairly...my ex used to go with his buddies from work. They called the front row gynecology row. : :frantic:

His friends were a rowdy bunch back then...I was the only female "permitted" into the SB party one year (because I didn't nag and I was truly into football, not spying on the boys). They warned me that they were having live halftime entertainment and I didn't know what they meant. But quickly found out. Those women made some fast cash, let me tell you....15 minutes and I think they each walked away with about $300. Whatever turns your crank. I certainly wouldn't do what they did, but they were all consenting adults so why should I care?

Well probably because some are exploited through the process and if desperation seeps into the equation, then that really comes into play.

I don't have a problem with it if everyone is treated fairly...my ex used to go with his buddies from work. They called the front row gynecology row. :S

they call it g-row, no one actually uses the term gynecology at a strip joint

strip joints were great when i was young and single, but quickly lost their appeal once i matured in my mid twenties, and now i'm embarrassed that i ever went.

This is one of the reasons why I never ended up going, along with the sleaziness side of it.

strip joints were great when i was young and single, but quickly lost their appeal once i matured in my mid twenties, and now i'm embarrassed that i ever went.

I worked as a DJ in a strip club for about six months. All my friends thought I had the greatest job in the world, but the truth was, it got old very quickly.

I honestly can't remember the last time I went into a strip club, unless you count those clubs that I used to gig at, that booked strippers during the day.

Archived