The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller time

canuckster19

Oddly enough the loss last night probably gives Benning the opportunity to make the big changes he probably wanted to do all along. The Van org is fighting a perception battle with the fan base. This loss probably makes the fanbase more open to radical change. IMHO the fundamental approach to the game has to change in Vancouver. Currently it is tilted to far to the finesse approach which the Twins are so good at. They are so world class that I think it has resulted in the entire roster trying to emulate their play. More balance is needed.

Since many on CDC kept talking about how the Oilers should trade McDavid/1st pick for a huge package of players, picks, and prospects, I wonder if they would be willing to do the same thing with the Sedins. Getting knocked out of the first round of the playoffs right after a year of finishing 25th overall will eventually lead to mediocrity. The twins aren't getting any younger.

It was most definitely not Mi55er time last night. Too many people got fooled by last game when he had to do jack squat cause the canucks dominated. Tonight showed why the blues got rid of him. Letting in 5 goals on 28 shots in an elimination game and up 3-0 is inexcusable! Hope they can trade him this off season.. What a waste of 6 Mill for this over the hill goalie!

Did not like the signing to begin with and hate it even more now. He looked terrible with the Blue's STACKED and arguably the best defensive core in in the league last year, so I'm not sure what Benning saw in him that made him throw a 6mil 3 year contract at him right after.

It was a mistake, plain and simple. A high-ticket goalie is a finishing piece if you need one, not a piece you throw in the middle of a rebuild with a sketchy defence group.

Anybody still think Lack was the problem? Even with 4 goals scoring support, Miller couldn't get it done. Totally his fault right? If only he could have made the right saves at the right time...lol

Miller sucked for sure. He was the goat by far. I still like the decision to start him but he didn't do himself any favours with that 'effort' the other night.

Miller $&!# the bed hard but it was obvious the first ten minutes he was struggling. His rebound control was brutal all game long and except for a few posts it could have been much different early.

Desjardins made a critical mistake not pulling Miller after the second or third goal. Lack likely would have come in and done well. He couldn't have done much worse.

It's not all on Miller though. The team d in front of him was brutal all game long. After they got the three goal lead you could just see it coming. They left Miller out to dry way too much.

Why any player in the NHL thinks throwing the puck into the middle from your blue line against a team like Calgary is a good idea is beyond me. But we saw it time and again.

Miller crap the bed hard but it was obvious the first ten minutes he was struggling. His rebound control was brutal all game long and except for a few posts it could have been much different early.

Desjardins made a critical mistake not pulling Miller after the second or third goal. Lack likely would have come in and done well. He couldn't have done much worse.

It's not all on Miller though. The team d in front of him was brutal all game long. After they got the three goal lead you could just see it coming. They left Miller out to dry way too much.

Why any player in the NHL thinks throwing the puck into the middle from your blue line against a team like Calgary is a good idea is beyond me. But we saw it time and again.

Agreed. No clue why Willie didn't pull him after the 3rd goal. No idea...

Another one of Willie's mistakes. Hopefully he learned alot in this rookie season and adjusts for next year.

Agreed. No clue why Willie didn't pull him after the 3rd goal. No idea...

Another one of Willie's mistakes. Hopefully he learned alot in this rookie season and adjusts for next year.

I don't like the huge proportion of blame some are piling on Miller. He himself said he wasn't 100% and it showed. Desjardins sacrificed him to Canucks fans by leaving him in.

It is the same as when Luongo was here. Far too much blame for playoff blowouts put on his shoulders when the real culprit was terrible team d in front of him hanging him out to dry. Some blame for sure on the goalies in all those losses as they have to find a way. But that is like complaining about a sore finger when you have cancer.

I don't like the huge proportion of blame some are piling on Miller. He himself said he wasn't 100% and it showed. Desjardins sacrificed him to Canucks fans by leaving him in.

It is the same as when Luongo was here. Far too much blame for playoff blowouts put on his shoulders when the real culprit was terrible team d in front of him hanging him out to dry. Some blame for sure on the goalies in all those losses as they have to find a way. But that is like complaining about a sore finger when you have cancer.

Yup... I think it's safe to say our goaltending wasn't a problem in general. Miller seemed 100% in the 5 periods before that and he actually made a huge save off Bennett early in game 6.

The D really let us down. Lack of contribution offensively and failure to shut down defensively.

I'm angry at a lot of Willie's decisions but all in all I think he was a great coach this year and hopefully he makes adjustments moving forward. If JB makes a few tweeks, specifically on the back end... I think we'll be in better shape next year.

It's just really really hard right now to live with it. It'll get better.

Yup... I think it's safe to say our goaltending wasn't a problem in general. Miller seemed 100% in the 5 periods before that and he actually made a huge save off Bennett early in game 6.

The D really let us down. Lack of contribution offensively and failure to shut down defensively.

I'm angry at a lot of Willie's decisions but all in all I think he was a great coach this year and hopefully he makes adjustments moving forward. If JB makes a few tweeks, specifically on the back end... I think we'll be in better shape next year.

It's just really really hard right now to live with it. It'll get better.

Why are you so upset? You've already said you consider the president's trophy to be harder to win and more prestigious than the Stanley Cup. The canucks already missed out on the president's trophy this year so the playoffs should have been meaningless to you since you don't value the Stanley Cup that much.

Guest Dasein

Miller saying that he's going back to work out right away since he had about 2 months off after the injury

Nice to hear

Why are you so upset? You've already said you consider the president's trophy to be harder to win and more prestigious than the Stanley Cup. The canucks already missed out on the president's trophy this year so the playoffs should have been meaningless to you since you don't value the Stanley Cup that much.

Wth are u talking about? Why am I upset?

Maybe because the team that means everything to me just got eliminated?

Wth are u talking about? Why am I upset?

Maybe because the team that means everything to me just got eliminated?

But they got eliminated from a competition for the meaningless Stanley Cup. You've made it clear in your past posts that you value the president's trophy more and think it's harder to win. You should have been more upset when we were mathematically eliminated from winning the president's trophy.

What I like about Lack is how much of a team player the guy has been. During the last Gillis year, after Luongo was traded, he was brought in and played until the point of exhaustion. His thanks for that? The team goes out and signs another veteran goalie to a big time contract. Lack continues to keep his chin up and be a good team guy, and also does a lot for the Canucks brand by being popular with fans. The veteran goalie gets injured, and once again Lack is asked to come in and cover. Not only does he, but he does so in an outstanding fashion. He gets (earns) the playoff start however after one bad period he gets benched in favor of the veteran goalie who admits he is not 100%. Canucks struggle, veteran goalie struggles, and still Lack doesn't get back in.

Lack says today he continues to really want to play here. Canucks are lucky to have him in my opinion.

But they got eliminated from a competition for the meaningless Stanley Cup. You've made it clear in your past posts that you value the president's trophy more and think it's harder to win. You should have been more upset when we were mathematically eliminated from winning the president's trophy.

Again I don't see your point. I'm devastated at our season ending and I guess you're trying to rub something in?

What the Canucks did in winning back to back president trophies over 164 games is a much more impressive sample size than winning four best of 7 series that total 16 wins rather than 105 wins over two seasons, leading the NHL.

I'd love to have a cup but at the end of the day, we won more hockey games than any other team in the NHL over a 3 year span. That equals more happy nights for our fans.

Back to back president trophies is a colossal accomplishment.

Archived