The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN-CBJ[proposal]

TO CBJ: Dan Hamhuis

TO VAN: Kerby Rychel and a 3rd round pick.

I'm not a fan of moving Dan Hamhuis, but it's clear that management would be open to it.

So I think that would be a fair deal. CBJ has a lot of picks this season, and Rychel is probably the most available top prospect in their organization due to depth at the NHL level..

We could use a winger with the energy he provides on the ice.

yolo out

If we could pick up a big minute free agent D in the offseason, then I'd do it.

Not sure why Columbus does it though.

because i went to their board and read what their fans were saying. didn't make this with a one sided perspective.

they need a top top four defenseman. don't want to overpay to get one. rychel and top sixty picks this year wouldn't hurt their organization to move b/c they have a lot of picks and depth up front.

fwiw, their fans would move their 8th overall + for tanev. value wise, sure.. but it doesn't make sense.

Bubble team? If Bobrovsky's healthy, they're top 3 in the conference.

They made the playoffs just once in the past 6 years.

They're pretty much the Colorado Avalanche of the East.

A young and upcoming team, that could push for a playoff spot.

They made the playoffs just once in the past 6 years.

They're pretty much the Colorado Avalanche of the East.

A young and upcoming team, that could push for a playoff spot.

When Bobrovsky was healthy after Christmas, they never won less than 80% of any 10-game sample. They're likely going to be President's trophy winners very soon.

When Bobrovsky was healthy after Christmas, they never won less than 80% of any 10-game sample. They're likely going to be President's trophy winners very soon.

Columbus has a deep team of great young talents in every position, a healthy Bobrovsky and another year or two of development and I can certainly see Columbus being a top 5-7 team in the league.

Columbus has a deep team of great young talents in every position, a healthy Bobrovsky and another year or two of development and I can certainly see Columbus being a top 5-7 team in the league.

Johansen was real good this year, as were Foligno and Hartnell. Marko Dano was a revelation.

If thats all we can get for Hamhuis and we sign someone like franson yah i guess its pretty decent. But we also are gaining alot of forward depth now where as maybe Hamhuis should be a trade chip for a good d-man prospect that looks promising to fill our top 4 one day. Also me personally would like to see Hamhuis packaged together with something to either get a better prospect or move up the draft. Hamhuis Markstrom & our 1st for Phily's first pick, prob wouldn't happen with his NTC but something along those lines.

Archived