The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 Thread

Zfetch

34 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

My simming is messed up. First day of the resign phase, I offer contracts and press advance day. Cole cassels doesn't accept- okay fair enough it was a bit of a low ball dodger. But it simmed all the way to late July and now he's gone for nothing. 

I've had that happen once, except it went to the start of the season. Lost my starting goalie and 2 of my top 6 forwards... luckily I always save after the draft, and now I just go to the calendar and sim.

9 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

I edited cassel's potential on mine to a low bottom six f/w, but because ea changes potentials somehow, he turned into a high ahl top six f/w

probably accurate anyways. he's kind of trash.

That's what people said about Shink around this time a year ago...

My Cassels in my current Be a GM modes potential morphed into high elite after two seasons. Now I'm 5 seasons in and he is 89 overall lol. The changing potential can really help. I also have Jamie Oleksiak who had low top 6 potential and was 81 overall when I traded for him, now a few years later he's 89 overall with low elite potential.

Is anyone else gonna try to find Flashback Bure in HUT? I'm waiting for them to release some bronze player packs

11 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Someone who can be a good starter. I been trying to do a GM mode without Demko but it's almost impossible to find a similar goalie in the first two years

carolina didn't sign callum booth in mine so I picked him up and he's like 22 years old, 85 overall with high starter potential. Other than that I've never been able to find a good goalie that I didn't have to spend a top 10 pick on. Nothing higher than 84-85

During free agency go to goalies and sort by potential. You can usually find a starter of fringe starter, and if you develop them properly they can get a pretty high overall.

I signed Jonas Johansson originally drafted by Buffalo in 2014, he was a fringe starter and now he is a 94ovr franchise goalie.

I'm not the only one with the Demko problem I see. I made him a 75 and he was 80 by seasons end, progresses super fast. I don't know what everyone means with sending Virtanen back, I played him with the Sedins 2015-16 season and he won the Calder with 56 points, 24 goals. 

Entering training camp for season 3....

JVR(89) - Matthews(88) - Virtanen(87)

Shinkaruk(87) - McCann(84) - Vanek(89)

Gaunce(85) - Sutter(84) - Boeser(82)

Kenins(83) - Cassels(82) - Stewart(82)

Yandle(89) - Barrie(88)

Pouliot(85) - Shultz(87)

Hutton(83) - Tanev(85)

Demko(87)

Keumper(84)

-Sedins just retired as Canucks

-Miller won the Ted Lindsay award first season, went to 89 overall and trade value increased quiet a bit. Shipped him to Toronto for 18th overall @ 2016 draft.

-Matthews cost an arm and a leg at the draft.. Horvat, 26th overall, 45th overall & my 2017 1st round pick

-Signed Yandle UFA last season and he buried 32 goals in his first season in VAN... Never seen a d-man get over 30 before 

-Just signed Vanek, fresh off a 52 goal season, he's 32 but only locked in for 3 years. 

- Boeser tore up the A in 2 seasons, 29 goals his 1st season, 41 in his last season. Originally started as a 72 overall

Im also getting the freezing often now too, super annoying, first time I did the playoffs, draft, free agency, and simmed up to pre season just to have that happen.

And the advance day but it actually advances a month.... WTF!? Missed the deadline because of this.

EDIT: How has McCann made out for you guys? I'm playing off the newest rosters. He was lights out and would've won the Calder if it weren't for Virtanen in his rookie year, had 38 points centering the 3rd, but followed up last year with 26 points in the same role, not sold on him jumping into 2nd line but Hank and Dank just retired and I figured they would've played out contracts. Datsyuk was only top 6 UFA and wanted $9M 

On 31/12/2015 at 5:51 PM, CanuckianOne said:

Speaking of BAGM, is it better to have McCann and Virt on the Canucks, or send them back to Junior for the first season?

A little late now.

I kept Virtanen and Mccann in the NHL the 1st season where we tanked. Virt was a -21. At the end of the next season they were both 84s. Virt had 40 points playing 3rd line time. Mccann had a monster playoffs having 17 points in 20 games playing on the 4th line with Prust and Dorsett and was +18. McCann's speed also got up to 98 by the start of his 3rd season and he's maxed at a 89 and Virtanen at 88.

Bo tho went up to 92 and had 4 straight 70+ points seasons and was +55 each season.

Archived