The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 Thread

Zfetch

Any gm mode players out there? I can't seem to develop any really good players. Offensive d men with high offensive awareness but no passing and/or shooting or vice versa, for example. It's frustrating seeing the computer teams develop 95 overall franchise players out of their 4th round pick when my first rounders are topping out as bottom 6/bottom 2 guys

I know this thread is for NHL16 but i have a quick NHL15 question.

alright, im at about game 70 of my first year of the be a gm game mode or what ever its called. i go to roster moves to bring some of my rookies up. But there gone.. virtanen, mcann, subban, like all my good rookies are missin from in the system. i didnt trade them, they just vanished.. what gives?

4 hours ago, Whatthepuck said:

I know this thread is for NHL16 but i have a quick NHL15 question.

alright, im at about game 70 of my first year of the be a gm game mode or what ever its called. i go to roster moves to bring some of my rookies up. But there gone.. virtanen, mcann, subban, like all my good rookies are missin from in the system. i didnt trade them, they just vanished.. what gives?

I think they would be in junior at that point, so you can't bring them up.

18 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Any gm mode players out there? I can't seem to develop any really good players. Offensive d men with high offensive awareness but no passing and/or shooting or vice versa, for example. It's frustrating seeing the computer teams develop 95 overall franchise players out of their 4th round pick when my first rounders are topping out as bottom 6/bottom 2 guys

Give them a lot of playing time. If they are listed as a depth D put them in the top 6. Doesn't matter if they struggle stats wise, they'll be up atleast 3 overall points by the end of the year.

5 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Started up HUT for the first time in a couple of years.

The packs seem like a bigger rip off than ever. I've pulled nothing with all of the coins I've earned thus far, with the exception of a TOTW Jones.

I played hut for the first time last week. Aside from Prust, I didn't even recognize the names of any of the players I pulled. 

After playing 3 games with those plugs vs stacked teams, that was enough for me. I doubt I'll ever mess with hut again.

I only play EASHL.  Now whenever my skater crosses the blue line into the opposing zone he randomly does a 360 with the puck.  Anyone else have this problem, any solutions on how to fix it unless it's my ps4 controller but that's doubtful.

20 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Started up HUT for the first time in a couple of years.

The packs seem like a bigger rip off than ever. I've pulled nothing with all of the coins I've earned thus far, with the exception of a TOTW Jones.

Massive rip off, it's more efficient to earn coins through the auctions and just buy who you want. This is my first year in HUT so I bought a few packs to try it even though I heard just doing auctions is better. Next year I will be buying 0 packs.

Done with HUT, was playing a guy and was up 2 goals, he magically scores 3 goals on 3 shots in the last 90 seconds. I outshot him by quite a bit in quality areas in his end and then it goes back my way and this happens somehow. This kind of thing happens so frequently and just ruins it for me.

Archived