The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 Thread

Zfetch

3 minutes ago, KFBR392 said:

What should team moral typically average in be a gm? I can't seem to get it above 83. I'm usually in the mid 70s. I won the friggin Stanley Cup in my first year and my players didn't even care. Ungrateful bastards. 

Highest I've seen is 85, average is about 75

18 minutes ago, KFBR392 said:

What should team moral typically average in be a gm? I can't seem to get it above 83. I'm usually in the mid 70s. I won the friggin Stanley Cup in my first year and my players didn't even care. Ungrateful bastards. 

I've got it as high as 90/91 but that takes a while. Once you have a winning roster, keep as much of it intact as you can cause moving players will negatively impact the morale unless it's an unhappy player you've moved. I find it weird you're struggling to get it above 83 cause I find it hard to get it thay low without some major screw ups.

Well I have traded the majority of my roster, so I guess that makes sense. I loaded up on high draft picks and have about 70% of them currently dressed. 

I did however just sign Evander Kane as a ufa. That should help with locker room moral, right?

And has anyone noticed how much of a pansy Ben Hutton is in this game? He's a great player, but he's always bugging me to give him praise. Whoever programmed him made him way too sensitive. I have to have monthly meetings with the guy to pump his tires so he doesn't get sad.

6 minutes ago, KFBR392 said:

Well I have traded the majority of my roster, so I guess that makes sense. I loaded up on high draft picks and have about 70% of them currently dressed. 

I did however just sign Evander Kane as a ufa. That should help with locker room moral, right?

And has anyone noticed how much of a pansy Ben Hutton is in this game? He's a great player, but he's always bugging me to give him praise. Whoever programmed him made him way too sensitive. I have to have monthly meetings with the guy to pump his tires so he doesn't get sad.

Lol yeah the dude is driving me up the wall in my current gm mode, and he's not even good. Jared McCann is also being a whiny little batch.

I missed the playoffs in season three. No &^@#ing idea how. I even traded for zetterberg for like 30 games and we still finished fifth last. Shinkaruk grew to a 90 with 5 star defense in my fourth season lmao

Signed Stastny for two years at 7 average because I wasn't sure how my centers would grow. Horvat is weird growth wise as well.

Tanev pisses me off on sim so I traded him and the fifth overall to Nashville for Seth Jones. Overpayment, but was realistic.

Tatar 89 - Stastny 87 - Reinhart 89

Shinkaruk 90 - Bjugstad 86 - Baptiste 85

Dal Colle 84 - McCann 85 - Virtanen 85

Something - Horvat 85 - something 

Pouliot 88 - Jones 87 

Hutton 86 - Edler 86

Day 82 - Meszaros 80

Demko 94 

Was thinking of making my first unrealistic major trade, which would involve dumping Stastny directly after signing him. Like haven't played a game yet.

I've notice, when you're GMing the Canucks, no matter how good your lineup looks, they do poorly for the first few seasons.

I did an experiment with fantasy drafting on and no salary cap, as the Canucks. Still finished dead last with a stacked roster.

Zetterberg - Johansen - Hossa

Marleau - Koivu - Neal

Iginla - Helm - Brouwer

Boyle - Gaustad - Burrows

Chara - Seabrook

Markov - Russell

Ekholm - Ellis

Luongo

Lack

7 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Passing is terrible in this game.  Never goes to who I want.  

And why do the players slide 2 ft when making a side stop?!

It's fine, you've just gotta be really diligent about aiming your passes. It can be frustrating though, I agree.

Side note...playing online vs yesterday I tied a game up with 0.3 seconds left (dirty goal by Parise imo) and then won it in OT. Can't imagine how pissed off that guy was. I probably woulda tossed my controller.

38 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

It's fine, you've just gotta be really diligent about aiming your passes. It can be frustrating though, I agree.

Side note...playing online vs yesterday I tied a game up with 0.3 seconds left (dirty goal by Parise imo) and then won it in OT. Can't imagine how pissed off that guy was. I probably woulda tossed my controller.

Even simple passes though, and say a player is beside or in front of me but I want to pass it to a guy further up, usually passes to the nearest guy.  Half the time don't know who the pass is going to.  But I guess maybe gotta try better at aiming.

8 hours ago, JV77 said:

Even simple passes though, and say a player is beside or in front of me but I want to pass it to a guy further up, usually passes to the nearest guy.  Half the time don't know who the pass is going to.  But I guess maybe gotta try better at aiming.

Yeah I'm with you there. When the guy is really close o usually don't pass cause too often it just goes for an icing.

Cannot play this online anymore, I'm convinced there's a glitch/way to disconnect your opponent at will, too many 2-1 games disconnecting with 30 seconds left in the 3rd, etc, really shady $&!# that I haven't seen before, and I've been doin' the Online Versus thing since NHL10, first time I can recall having a negative record at this point in the year, so many Disconnects, just not buyin' that it's legit.

2019-2020 with the Arizona Coyotes

M. Jones 90 (Med Elite) - D. Strome 86 (Med Top6) - M. Boedker 88

B. Perlini 85 (High top6) - L. Dauphin (High Franchise) - A. Duclair 87 (Med Elite)

M. Domi 84 (High top6) - M. Hanzal 86 - N. Merkley 85 (Med Elite)

W. Desantis 80 (Low Bottom6) - H. Samuelsson (High top9) - C.Fischer 83 (Low Top6)

G. Reinhart 95 (Med Franchise) - O. Ekman-Larsson 91

J.Tinordi 86 - A. Emelin 84

C. Murphy 81 (Low top6) - M. Stone 83

M.Subban 86 (Med Starter)

L.Domingue 80

My AHL squad is full of high end prospects too. This is with trading on Hard.

Still havent made it out of the first round. :(

EDIT: I also like to keep it realistic but I got Tinordi and Reinhart via RFA because Habs and Oil had no cap space. Gave up first 3 rounds of the draft but was obviously worth it

I just switched from NHL 15 XBOX 360 to NHL 16 XBOX One. I have a question about how to delete the current game of BaGM. In old version you just simply selected the SETTINGS menu then LOAD/SAVE/DELETE then DELETE and you could delete stuff on the list (ie/ AUTOSAVE1, AUTOSAVE2 and Be A GM_1). Now on the XBOX One I have no clue how or where to do that. Any help? Thanks.

Just now, ABNuck said:

I just switched from NHL 15 XBOX 360 to NHL 16 XBOX One. I have a question about how to delete the current game of BaGM. In old version you just simply selected the SETTINGS menu then LOAD/SAVE/DELETE then DELETE and you could delete stuff on the list (ie/ AUTOSAVE1, AUTOSAVE2 and Be A GM_1). Now on the XBOX One I have no clue how or where to do that. Any help? Thanks.

Go to the "load" screen of gm mode and you delete it from there

Archived