The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Olsen Twins Will Not Be Part of Fuller House

No surprise they aren't returning.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/olsen-twins-fuller-house-netflix-1201503986/

Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen will not be checking into Netflixs Fuller House, Variety has confirmed.

The twin sisters became known for playing Michelle Tanner, the youngest daughter in the original ABC sitcom centered on the recently widowed Danny Tanner (Bob Saget) and his family and friends who helped him raise his kids.

The duo will instead concentrate on their current careers, according to their rep. This includes overseeing fashion labels like the celeb favorites the Row and Elizabeth and James.

Although Ashley and Mary-Kate will not be a part of Fuller House, I know how much Full House has meant to them, and they are still very much considered family, said series executive producer Robert L. Boyett. It has been exciting to see how they have built their professional careers, and I support their choice to focus on their fashion brands and various business endeavors. I appreciate their support and good wishes toward Fuller House.'

In April, fellow Full House alum John Stamos confirmed the news of follow-up series. Stamos, who stars in the new Fox comedy Grandfathered, will produce the Netflix series and reprise his role of rocker (Uncle) Jesse Katsopolis as a guest star.

The series is said to concentrate on Candace Cameron Bures character D.J. The eldest of the three daughters in the original series, D.J. now finds herself widowed and in need of help when it comes to raising her kids. Other returning cast members include Dave Coulier, Andrea Barber and Jodie Sweetin.

Fuller House is from Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television for Netflix. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin are exec producing the series, which was created by Franklin.

Uncle Jesse is heartbroken Olsen Twins aren't returning.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2168379/john-stamos-heartbroken-olsen-twins-fuller-house/

Our hearts were definitely broken when we learned, officially, that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen werent going to journey back to San Fran for the new Full House reunion spin-off series Fuller House. And it looks like we werent the only ones experiencing all the sads over this news.

Uncle Jesse a.k.a John Stamos, too, was really bummed out that the duo wont be reprising their shared role as little Michelle.

Stamos tweeted on Friday (May 22) that he was heartbroken. Which, given the timing of the note the twinzies were confirmed as non-returnees the same day by executive producer Robert L. Boyett was an obvious response to the upcoming lack of Michelle(s).

John Stamos

‎@JohnStamos

#heartbroken

7:02 PM - 22 May 2015

But just in case there was any question about whether the hashtagged anecdote was related to the Olsen girls, Stamos also added a quick addendum of support for the pair who played his on-screen niece for so long.

John Stamos

‎@JohnStamos

I understand they're in a different place and I wish them the best. I promise you will not be dissapointed with our reunion and spin off!!

7:05 PM - 22 May 2015

I understand theyre in a different place and I wish them the best, the hip, hunky uncle wrote. I promise you will not be dissapointed (sic) with our reunion and spin off!!

Stamos, whose post-Jesse Katsopolis career has included everything from swoony Oikos commercials to a recurring role on ER and, um, the occasional gig drumming for the Beach Boys, has been a total champion for the upcoming Netflix series since he announced it himself in April.

This is not a money gig for any of us, he continued, this time on his Facebook page (presumably to skirt the 140 character limit). Quite the opposite we want to give the fans what they deserve for supporting us for so many years.

[W]e all just want to have fun do it in a classy way on Netflix and have a good time, he added. Sad that a few dont share the rest of the casts opinion. I can only wish them the best.

All we can say is, aw, nuts.

Uncle-Jesse-Sad-1432476687.gif

Clearly not you. But there's obviously enough people that do for there be a spin-off. I grew up with this show and will watch a few episodes Fuller House for the nostalgia at least.

Also yeah, I don't think the twins even act anymore so I'm not that surprised. Stamos saying this isn't a money grab is pretty suspect...I mean...you're reviving a hugely popular 80s/90s TV show...it's pretty clear money is at least part of it. He certainly shouldn't be trying to guilt trip the Olsens into though.

I can't understand how this show was even popular in the first place ? It was a train wreck from start to finish. I think I may have watched it a few times and the only reason that was because of Lori Loughlin,uncle jesse's girlfriend. I can't believe it lasted almost 10 years !!! Just my opinion.

Don't think so? Candace Cameron was introduced to Valeri Bure by Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey).

It sends shivers down my spine that you actual know that ? The only one in the show that was interesting was Jodie Sweetin and not because of her acting chops. Girl was and is a walking train wreck.

It sends shivers down my spine that you actual know that ? The only one in the show that was interesting was Jodie Sweetin and not because of her acting chops. Girl was and is a walking train wreck.

I've been re-watching Full House and one of the episodes had pop-up trivia at the bottom.

Archived