The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Chiarelli willing to trade their non-McDavid picks for preferably younger players

Package of lack, kassian and Jensen for 16th, 3rd round and maybe pouliot

What's wrong with you guys! Yes this is a good draft but all that for a 16th pick and Pouliot. Top 10 is where there's a noticeable difference in talent, I can understand giving up more for that. 16-30 is somewhat of a crapshoot. Lack for Edmontens 33rd is more than enough. If not, then Edmonten can sit on the sidelines like they did with Schnieder!

What's wrong with you guys! Yes this is a good draft but all that for a 16th pick and Pouliot. Top 10 is where there's a noticeable difference in talent, I can understand giving up more for that. 16-30 is somewhat of a crapshoot. Lack for Edmontens 33rd is more than enough. If not, then Edmonten can sit on the sidelines like they did with Schnieder!

Agree

They were idiots for not picking up Schneider, even if a guy like eberle was involved but I heard a rumour with no good source that it was Schneider for 7th, 37th, Pajarvi and Edmonton said no

Agree

They were idiots for not picking up Schneider, even if a guy like eberle was involved but I heard a rumour with no good source that it was Schneider for 7th, 37th, Pajarvi and Edmonton said no

ya but would we still pick Horvat? Or Nurse/Ristolainan?

Pajarvi wasn't doing much at the time and already losing stock

Ya we can kick ourselves for missing the #37 that could've got us Robert Haggard but not sureness that we would've selected him anyway

This is a new oilers team with an actual nhl gm and coach, not some former players and ahl coaches

Chiarelli could really put this team into playoff contention with 2-3 smart moves. They don't need anymore prospects, they need nhl players now. 9 years has been long enough

With the management team and coaching they now have, I will be really surprised if Edmonton doesn't challenge for the cup in the next 3 years.

With all those picks in a great draft, they can trade for real players, not the players we have now. Remember Horvat came at 9th, and 16th isn't too far away from that/ Edmonton would likely want Dmen, but from us they will want McCann, Shinkaruk, Cassels, because our upcoming Dmen are, to be frank, greatly overrated. Also, look at all these people willing to trade Lack in a heartbeat, in the other thread people are smashing down walls to keep Lack and get rid of Miller, but as soon as a second round become available, trade him now omg!

Archived