The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Chiarelli willing to trade their non-McDavid picks for preferably younger players

I'm not as excited about the 16th overall pick to be honest. If we could get that and repackage it with our 1st rounder to move up into the top 10, that's a different story.

I would be interested in their 2nd round picks though. If we can give up some lesser assets to get one or more of them then absolutely.

This is a new oilers team with an actual nhl gm and coach, not some former players and ahl coaches

Benning is a former player and WD used to be an AHL coach...most GM's used to be players & lots of NHL coaches used to be in the AHL.

Benning is a former player and WD used to be an AHL coach...most GM's used to be players & lots of NHL coaches used to be in the AHL.

I think he meant terrible coaches by the AHL statement. Eakins was one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. Benning spent years as an assistant GM too before getting the big gig, unlike Mac T who was thrown in there without any experience as GM. So there is a big difference between our situation and theirs.

I think he meant terrible coaches by the AHL statement. Eakins was one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. Benning spent years as an assistant GM too before getting the big gig, unlike Mac T who was thrown in there without any experience as GM. So there is a big difference between our situation and theirs.

See he gets it. Bingo

I smell Zack Kassian and Lack to EDM for 16th

I don't see anyone taking a risk on Kassian until he gets a clean bill of health and has an extended run of healthy games. With his issues last season a team trading for him right now could be ending up with another Horton situation

Throw them Sbisa plus a 2nd acquired by trading away Higgins for their 16th. Ideally moving up from 30ish with Sbisa about 20 spots. Maybe throw in a B grade prospect like Grenier too.

Grenier, Sbisa and 2nd rounder for 16th overall

Draft Kylington and Roy.

Let Weber walk.

Resign Stanton.

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Stanton - Clendening

Nothing flash, but when Bieksas contract expires, let him walk. Re-sign Hamhuis cheaply as a veteran to groom the young guns.

Our defence in 3 years time:

Edler - Roy

Kylington - Tanev

Hamhuis - Clendening

Corrado - Subban

One puck mover and one shutdown defenceman on each pairing.

WawWeeeewa!

I'm all for that!

You understand the Canucks have to play the Oilers 5 times with Lack in net and Kassian on the wing with either RNH, Draisaitl, or McJesus. The 16th pick might take 4 years to make the NHL if at all. You might want to put the WawWeeewa on hold for a bit.

You understand the Canucks have to play the Oilers 5 times with Lack in net and Kassian on the wing with either RNH, Draisaitl, or McJesus. The 16th pick might take 4 years to make the NHL if at all. You might want to put the WawWeeewa on hold for a bit.

Yeah... That's just not.... right... really...

The Canucks can certainly avoid giving away assets like Lack and Kassian to a direct rival like the Oilers.

Sometimes, many time, almost daily in fact, I wonder where some "Canucks" fans' hearts are at.

Some people like pain I guess.

Archived