The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eichel Telling Teams He’ll Be Better Than McDavid

Jack Eichel is telling the teams that are interviewing him that he'll be better than Connor McDavid.

He also took a slight backhanded slap at Phoenix (and maybe a bit at Edmonton) when he said that he was glad that the draft order turned out the way that it did.

Cockiness bordering on arrogance. I love it!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jack-eichel-saying-at-nhl-combine-hell-be-better-than-connor-mcdavid/

McDavid is going to light him up next season and you can quote me on it.

McD has too much poise and understanding of the game to not be one of the best players in the NHL. His skill is already as good as anyone in the show.

I like confidence in a player but I respect McDavid a lot more than Eichel after reading this.

Hoping he's the biggest bust since Daigle. After the embarrassing tank job and the treatment of LaFontaine and Nolan, Buffalo deserves no less. I used to respect that franchise.

The tank was a joke and firing Nolan like that was an even bigger joke.

And on the other hand, you have McDavid being asked if he believes he's the best player (which he is by miles) and doesn't answer in respect of everyone else.

Good Canadian, Ontario boy > some mouthy American

Mouthy or not, 99 out of 100 people on CDC would take Eichel off of the Sabres' hands in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose.

Hoping he's the biggest bust since Daigle. After the embarrassing tank job and the treatment of LaFontaine and Nolan, Buffalo deserves no less. I used to respect that franchise.

The tank was a joke and firing Nolan like that was an even bigger joke.

If the Sabres win the Cup in the next 5 years, your head is going to explode.... lol

Mouthy or not, 99 out of 100 people on CDC would take Eichel off of the Sabres' hands in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose.

And the one person that wouldn't, would be the laughing stock of the NHL.

Just pushing SB1's buttons lol. Imitating Grapes more than anything : :D

Not pushing my buttons. It takes cajones to say what he did. I was a jock in Jr. and Sr. High School so I love a little arrogance in my team's players.

If the Sabres win the Cup in the next 5 years, your head is going to explode.... lol

No, but I still would think they did a piss poor job with the tank. Even in Chicago's case it was Bill Wirtz fault for being a greedy penny pincher.

What Buffalo did this year was pathetic.

And on the other hand, you have McDavid being asked if he believes he's the best player (which he is by miles) and doesn't answer in respect of everyone else.

Good Canadian, Ontario boy > some mouthy American

Edit: I see you were joking now lmao my bad.

Archived