The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congratulations! You The Law Biding Citizen Might Now Be A Second Class Citizen

Hugor Hill

That's where someone could get absolutely nailed and screwed by the system. But I hate talking in hypotheticals so Im going to stop. I don't particularly like the language of the bill, I don't like that it has created a two tier system.

I think it's worded that way so as to not discriminate - IE: "If you or your family is from a country known to harbour terrorists...." they can't say that...just like at the airport, they have to do extra security checks on little old ladies...

I think it's worded that way so as to not discriminate - IE: "If you or your family is from a country known to harbour terrorists...." they can't say that...just like at the airport, they have to do extra security checks on little old ladies...

I'm can't even-ing right now

You still don't get it.

And you are not funny.

How can you say that? You now know that I (and my children) are in the clause that allows the government to deport. So I get it.

Unless there's something else you want me to get?

I disagree with the funny part. You just don't like my humour.

How do I explain this....the only thing that has changed is, if your are convicted of high treason, etc, and are not a 3rd generation Canadian, the government can have you deported. Doesn't say "they must" deport you - means they can.

Not "completely" wrong - for if you're a 3rd generation Canadian with single citizenship = NO DEPORTATION.

They can only deport if you're convicted. For someone who has no place to deport to, they will just be in prison here in Canada.

As far as being obstinate or not - does it matter? or are you trying to place me in a "different" class? ;)

You are actually making this up.....

One parent could be a 10th generation Canadian and the other an immigrant and, if you hold that 2nd citizenship, you could be deported. Also if you acquired one while living overseas and being an immigrant to another country. All that matters is holding a 2nd passport.

How do I explain this???

Last week, as a Canadian, regardless of what I was convicted of in this country I was subject to the same penalties as every other Canadian. Today I am not. I am subject to a new different law THIS WEEK that I was not subject to last week by virtue of having a 2nd citizenship.

Two tiered citizenship....pure and simple.

The U.K., the country you and I both hold a passport from, is known to breed many domestic terrorists.

How can you say that? You now know that I (and my children) are in the clause that allows the government to deport. So I get it.

Unless there's something else you want me to get?

Alright. So you think it is ok for the government to officially have 2 sets of punishments for the same crime?

You are actually making this up.....

One parent could be a 10th generation Canadian and the other an immigrant and, if you hold that 2nd citizenship, you could be deported. Also if you acquired one while living overseas and being an immigrant to another country. All that matters is holding a 2nd passport.

How do I explain this???

Last week, as a Canadian, regardless of what I was convicted of in this country I was subject to the same penalties as every other Canadian. Today I am not. I am subject to a new different law THIS WEEK that I was not subject to last week by virtue of having a 2nd citizenship.

Two tiered citizenship....pure and simple.

No, I am not making it up for my situation:

On the other hand, Canadians with another nationality (and those who are eligible to obtain another nationality) now have second-class status, even if they were born in Canada: under Bill C-24, their citizenship can be stripped.

"https://bccla.org/2015/06/its-official-second-class-citizenship-goes-into-effect/"

I am eligible to become a citizen of England as my father was born there - their rules, not mine. Applies to my children as well.

Now, I didn't look up every country in the world - I only applied it to my situation - sorry for not making that clear.

It's the same law for all - difference is in the punishment - that I agree with.

Hypothetically, if someone from say ISIS came to Canada, engaged in terrorist activity here, got caught and convicted - I personally would rather see them spend the rest of their life in prison here then to be deported back to their country with the possibility of being free there.

That's the part I don't understand - why would the government want to let a criminal go?

No, I am not making it up for my situation:

On the other hand, Canadians with another nationality (and those who are eligible to obtain another nationality) now have second-class status, even if they were born in Canada: under Bill C-24, their citizenship can be stripped.

"https://bccla.org/2015/06/its-official-second-class-citizenship-goes-into-effect/"

I am eligible to become a citizen of England as my father was born there - their rules, not mine. Applies to my children as well.

Now, I didn't look up every country in the world - I only applied it to my situation - sorry for not making that clear.

It's the same law for all - difference is in the punishment - that I agree with.

Hypothetically, if someone from say ISIS came to Canada, engaged in terrorist activity here, got caught and convicted - I personally would rather see them spend the rest of their life in prison here then to be deported back to their country with the possibility of being free there.

That's the part I don't understand - why would the government want to let a criminal go?

How do you reconcile that statement?

The law is about the punishment.

It is a law, C-24, which applies to not all Canadians.

Anyone who doesn't get the chills from this bill does not understand how government operates nor much about history.

Those who give up liberies for security deserve neither and will lose both.

You have no choice now a days through. Everyone is dependent upon society the way it is. They've killed off our survival skill so that we have to do whatever we're told. Don't believe me?, ask yourself this: if tomorrow you woke up and paper money wasn't worth anything and the grocery stores were empty, would you be set up to or could you survive on your own? Could you raise beef, poultry, etc, do you have enough land to be self sufficient, without hydro are you prepared?

Plus if you believe this is new and the government is crossing a line, research what happened to Japanese Canadians/Americans during WW2, you'll see how much your precious lil rights mean then.

You have no choice now a days through. Everyone is dependent upon society the way it is. They've killed off our survival skill so that we have to do whatever we're told. Don't believe me?, ask yourself this: if tomorrow you woke up and paper money wasn't worth anything and the grocery stores were empty, would you be set up to or could you survive on your own? Could you raise beef, poultry, etc, do you have enough land to be self sufficient, without hydro are you prepared?

Plus if you believe this is new and the government is crossing a line, research what happened to Japanese Canadians/Americans during WW2, you'll see how much your precious lil rights mean then.

We have a choice.

Your first argument is totally irrelevant. Security and economic stability are two different things.

Your second argument is a good argument and a good example AGAINST what you are arguing for.

And then there is Ambien...the anarcho-capitalist who doesn't believe the government has the authority to enforce taxation but sees no problem with that same government revoking citizenships of those born in this country.

Lots of lame ol' conservatives trying to be hip and cool by calling themselves libertarians.

It's like sales people calling themselves "Business Development Manager".

We have a choice.

Your first argument is totally irrelevant. Security and economic stability are two different things.

Your second argument is a good argument and a good example AGAINST what you are arguing for.

The first one does matter, I was pointing out that as long as you want to live in a society you HAVE to go along with their rules. I mean what are you going to do, no seriously what the &^@# could you do?

The first one does matter, I was pointing out that as long as you want to live in a society you HAVE to go along with their rules. I mean what are you going to do, no seriously what the frack could you do?

They could move to another country, say somewhere nice like Afghanistan and see how green it is on that side of the fence.

The first one does matter, I was pointing out that as long as you want to live in a society you HAVE to go along with their rules. I mean what are you going to do, no seriously what the frack could you do?

You have taken this argument backwards, so far back and so dumbed down that you have allowed Heretic back into the conversation. Well done.

We are talking about citizens here, not landed-immigrants. There is one set of rules: our rules (not their rules), which should apply to everyone.

Archived