The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBC Sports chairman asked NHL to ban playoff beards

Yes the NHL should ban beards and any potential player who would not be considered a "pretty boy". Gotta target that teenage girl demographic, right? BS. NBC can eff right off, but of course they have Bettman's dream TV contract.

Only an idiot - in the literal sense of the word - would bother to share an idea like this.

Some people simply have no concept whatsover of the limits of their arrogance and 'authority'. Who gives a dump what a TV hack thinks should be a pretentious intrusion into the personal decisions of individual hockey players?

NHL players are not employees - they are contractors.

Regardless, it's no one's fn business whether a player elects to shave or not.

Who the hell do people like this think they are? If you want to shave, fill your boots, otherwise, mind your business and keep your ballbusting nonsense to yourself.

It's not just a players tradition. I know many fans who stop shaving once the Playoffs start. They don't shave until the Playoffs are over or their team is eliminated. They want to mess with our traditions because they are too stupid to recognize players by their line-mates, their position, their playing style, their body type, or their face with a beard. Damn pansies; go watch golf!!!!!

It's not just a players tradition. I know many fans who stop shaving once the Playoffs start. They don't shave until the Playoffs are over or their team is eliminated. They want to mess with our traditions because they are too stupid to recognize players by their line-mates, their position, their playing style, their body type, or their face with a beard. Damn pansies; go watch golf!!!!!

You'd figure a big number and their name on the back of the jersey would be enough

You'd figure a big number and their name on the back of the jersey would be enough

I was going to include those but I wanted to stress the other ways hockey fans can recognize players without looking at the back of the jersey. How their faces look is so far down the list of what fans are watching.

I was going to include those but I wanted to stress the other ways hockey fans can recognize players without looking at the back of the jersey. How their faces look is so far down the list of what fans are watching.

It's just another war on tradition, like wanting to take away the Detroit octopus, or taking away the Saturday night game in favour of Saturday afternoon :angry:

Archived