The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Just now, Harvey Spector said:

Brock Boeser is a stud. When I said he COULD be the 3rd best player in his draft I was wrong. He WILL be the 3rd best player in his draft.  

Completely dominated in the biggest game of the year, a championship game against the #1 team and he was arguably the best player on the ice, as a FRESHMAN!!

His skating has improved tremendously just like Bo. In a couple years he will be an elite skater. He's great on the forecheck, already has an NHL body at 19band likes to hit, and he is already an elite goal scorer. 

This guy has Jamie Benn written all over him. 40 goal scorer is definitely within his reach. 

Put him on a line with BO...  Oh my...

Thank you Jim Benning. If we get Matthews or one of the Finns watch out. We could have 2 franchise players on our team next year. 

:rolleyes::picard:

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

Completely dominated in the biggest game of the year, a championship game against the #1 team and he was arguably the best player on the ice, as a FRESHMAN!!

Yeah, the fact he was a freshman really needs to be accentuated.  That and credit to Benning and the Canucks' scouting.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

At the college level, sure why not. Kept hearing about his skating all season long watching the games.

It's what they're saying.

I noticed the same thing. The knock on Boeser was supposed to be that he was not a great skater but I have heard lots of people comment positively on his skating and in highlights and parts of games I have seen his skating has looked very good.

I think he is one of those guys who has good enough anticipation (high hockey IQ) that he is often able to get in position without skating hard. So it looks like he is not a dynamic skater, but he has good speed, balance, and acceleration when needed. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WTG said:

I've been working on the highlights but I ran into some unexpected problems. unfortunately my hard drive died on me (fell during an earthquake, I live in Alaska so we get them constantly).

I am about halfway finished editing the clips together. Depending how much I can get done tonight I might be able to finish it and I'll release them tomorrow.

Much appreciated!