The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

26 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I will be shocked if Boeser doesn't make the team.

and disappointed if goldobin doesn't 

Agreed. You have to think they are the favourites to make the squad in Hansens and Burrows spots. 

The only I could see an upset is if Dahlen or Jake comes in and blows people away. Then we could see a platoon as guys are kept up or sent down based on their play.  The really nice thing is that all four Boeser, Goldy, Dalhen and Jake are waiver free. 

There is really healthy competition for the winger spots by some good prospects. Looks good anyway you slice it because no one is getting handed a spot. 

4 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I don't think Jake is as far down as listed. 

Boeser and Goldy have to be the favourites to make the squad and Jake would be better for another stint in the AHL and build his offensive game back up.  His fitness and off season training should be adjusted.  He would

be my first call up, but I would and send him back every time this year. Jake needs to never get comfortable that he has made it, he needs to keep his foot on the gas all the time. 

He still has questions about him, but I would place him above Dalhen ATM in the pecking order. Jake is NHL ready for a bottom six role now.  Still think he can become a top six winger. Hopefully he has a center that can get him the puck this year in Utica. 

IMO

EmW

With Dahlen....nobody knows for sure how he is going to look, so that is just in my mind I think he might be more ready than Jake.

Jake had a few good games toward the end of the year and if he gets to camp with his head on straight he will make the team and change my mind.

I do think Jake will get it eventually and be a valuable top 9 forward ...is he more ready than Dahlen ...we shall see in a few months....

I don't think Jake is as far down as listed. 

Boeser and Goldy have to be the favourites to make the squad and Jake would be better for another stint in the AHL and build his offensive game back up.  His fitness and off season training should be adjusted.  He would

be my first call up, but I would and send him back every time this year. Jake needs to never get comfortable that he has made it, he needs to keep his foot on the gas all the time. 

He still has questions about him, but I would place him above Dalhen ATM in the pecking order. Jake is NHL ready for a bottom six role now.  Still think he can become a top six winger. Hopefully he has a center that can get him the puck this year in Utica. 

IMO

EmW

With Dahlen....nobody knows for sure how he is going to look, so that is just in my mind I think he might be more ready than Jake.

Jake had a few good games toward the end of the year and if he gets to camp with his head on straight he will make the team and change my mind.

I do think Jake will get it eventually and be a valuable top 9 forward ...is he more ready than Dahlen ...we shall see in a few months....

7 hours ago, SuitnTie said:

I see Boeser making the team with how he played in those 9 games. Plus.. he sells tickets. 

9 games is just not a large enough sample size to judge him and say he is making the team.  I don't think he is a lock for opening night and that is not a bad thing.  Going to the Comets could be a great opportunity for him improve his speed and confidence.

13 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

9 games is just not a large enough sample size to judge him and say he is making the team.  I don't think he is a lock for opening night and that is not a bad thing.  Going to the Comets could be a great opportunity for him improve his speed and confidence.

Brock is a lock for playing with the Twins on opening night.  He will score 30+ and win rookie of the year.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Brock is a lock for playing with the Twins on opening night.  He will score 30+ and win rookie of the year.  

I hope you are right but I just don't see it as a sure thing.  It would be nice though. :)

1 minute ago, dpn1 said:

I hope you are right but I just don't see it as a sure thing.  It would be nice though. :)

He's the ideal guy for the Twins.  He's good on pucks, goes to smart scoring areas, and can shoot the puck.  He might have 20 before the All Star game.

2 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Rather keep Granlund or Goldobin with the twins 5v5. Boeser as the right shot on the PP with them, absolutely!

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He's the ideal guy for the Twins.  He's good on pucks, goes to smart scoring areas, and can shoot the puck.  He might have 20 before the All Star game.

I think if he plays this year he may be better suited to playing with Bo.  I am not sure if his game fits with their cycle game (Granlund seems better with them).  As a shooter, Bear and Bo setting him up for his shot seems to fit better.  This is just my gut feelings though and not based on particular stats or anything.

Agreed. You have to think they are the favourites to make the squad in Hansens and Burrows spots. 

The only I could see an upset is if Dahlen or Jake comes in and blows people away. Then we could see a platoon as guys are kept up or sent down based on their play.  The really nice thing is that all four Boeser, Goldy, Dalhen and Jake are waiver free. 

There is really healthy competition for the winger spots by some good prospects. Looks good anyway you slice it because no one is getting handed a spot. 

I just don't see Jake being ready.  If they put Jake in as a fourth liner I will be upset. I believe that decision would ultimately limit his offensive potential as a player. He needs to be a top line scorer in Utica and produce. This will get his confidence up too. I really don't want him in the nux line up as only a crasher and banger.

Dahlen I do not see making the team yet either. His strength is not there, and the Canucks def. want him and Pettersson to play another year together for sure to continue building chemistry and pushing eachother to become better, faster, stronger.

I agree though - more competition the better!

Just now, R3aL said:

I just don't see Jake being ready.  If they put Jake in as a fourth liner I will be upset. I believe that decision would ultimately limit his offensive potential as a player. He needs to be a top line scorer in Utica and produce. This will get his confidence up too. I really don't want him in the nux line up as only a crasher and banger.

Dahlen I do not see making the team yet either. His strength is not there, and the Canucks def. want him and Pettersson to play another year together for sure to continue building chemistry and pushing eachother to become better, faster, stronger.

Tend to agree.

At worst, him on a semi/skilled 3rd line with one of Granlund/Eriksson and Sutter might work if he earns it. But otherwise, I'd prefer to see him in Utica (hopefully with some skill to play with) in the top 6.

3 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Yeah, Dahlen is a wild card this year. I almost want to keep him for twenty games and then send him to Utica and rotate him and Jake up to the club.  Gets Dahlen broken into the NA ice and gives he and Jake lots of reps in the AHL.  

Its concivable that all four four of our young wingers spend time in the AHL this year. 

Just now, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Yeah, Dahlen is a wild card this year. I almost want to keep him for twenty games and then send him to Utica and rotate him and Jake up to the club.  Gets Dahlen broken into the NA ice and gives he and Jake lots of reps in the AHL.  

Its concivable that all four four of our young wingers spend time in the AHL this year. 

Was Dahlen staying over here, or going back to play in that SEL with Pettersson?  

9 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Absolutely right. No to Jake on the fourth line in the NHL. Top six or in the AHL learning to use his god given gifts to dominate. 

I hope his off season training is going really well this year. He needs to come in ready and push all year long. 

Just now, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Absolutely right. No to Jake on the fourth line in the NHL. Top six or in the AHL learning to use his god given gifts to dominate. 

I hope his off season training is going really well this year. He needs to come in ready and push all year long. 

Yes Agree  I think this will be the defining year of his career!!

14 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Tend to agree.

At worst, him on a semi/skilled 3rd line with one of Granlund/Eriksson and Sutter might work if he earns it. But otherwise, I'd prefer to see him in Utica (hopefully with some skill to play with) in the top 6.

Yea I agree with that.

Him and Sutter might work out as long as Virtanen is the one retrieving pucks. Sutter is a weird C I really find him hard to project lines with because he doesn't really mesh with *offensively minded* wingers well.

Edited by R3aL

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was Dahlen staying over here, or going back to play in that SEL with Pettersson?  

That's the idea, but he could also split time between the NHL and Utica. Both good options, but I would like to see some talent in Utica to work with Jake. We would lose a year off his ELC.  

Just an idea but I would not be adverse to seeing him spend another year in the SHL with Pettersson either.