The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Toronto re-signs Bernier 2 x 4.15 per

Yep.

There also seems to be a love affair for backup goalies in this town too. Fans always seem to root for the younger "underdog", even if it means pinning our own goalies against each other. Pretty stupid actually.

wouldn't say it is stupid to have high hopes for the young guys but maybe a little lacking in the logic department. But to be honest I would have liked to see Miller shipped out for a better return and kept lack and marky to battle it out. Would it get us into the playoffs??? No idea but if one of them hit a streak and went on a tare who knows.

wouldn't say it is stupid to have high hopes for the young guys but maybe a little lacking in the logic department. But to be honest I would have liked to see Miller shipped out for a better return and kept lack and marky to battle it out. Would it get us into the playoffs??? No idea but if one of them hit a streak and went on a tare who knows.

Sounds like your a gambling man.

I think your over simplifying this...

There were a few die hard supporters of Lou that were upset that he was traded but overall people saw what was going on and if anything were just upset that Cory was traded when we all saw that Lou had one foot out the door.

Cory was booed? I don't recall that but even so were they booing Cory or the team for a poor effort?

Lack was only booed because people thought that Lou should have had the start in the winter classic and they were booing the coaches for the call not lack himself. Lack was loved by the fans and had full support from almost everyone... Great backup goalie.

The entire building was LUUing and Booing as Schneider got pulled, it was embarrassing.

Luongo got the same treatment quite a few times.

29 wins in 45 games seems like its worth 6 mill to me. This isnt a playoff team without him. He stole us a number of games, but in the games where he lost, he was quite bad which affects those stats people like to throw out. Fact that we had to put in an injured miller to hopefully steal a series tells us all we need to know.

BTW Grant Fuhr never had good stats, but he made the big save when it counted and WON GAMES. That is why we signed Miller.

I have a feeling Miller is coming into this season extremely motivated. 35 is not that old for a goalie. He tied a career high in shutouts last year, playing behind a new team. It's not unusual for a goalie to readjust after a mid-30's lull, and have a late surge.

Bernier was good in LA as a backup, and behind a well coached, defensive minded team. Heck, Scrivens looked great in LA too, as a backup.

Bernier is not a good starter. The more he plays, the worse he gets, or he gets hurt. The Leafs were wise to only give him two years.

Archived