The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Drewismyname

On 3/10/2016 at 8:39 AM, Master Mind said:

While I still would have preferred a Canucks loss last night, but if we're going to get the win, I'm glad to see Granlund score the winner.

I'm worried even how bad we are playing there are a few too many teams there with us to win the Mathews sweepstakes. 

The Nashville Predators and Winnipeg Jets are almost guaranteed to go face to face in the first round.

Nashville's perennial superstar and world renowned PHENOM, Luca Sbisa... although injured and won't be part of the team during the playoffs, has guaranteed a first round victory vs the Winnipeg Jets. Here's some quotes from his interview with Larry King - this interview was broadcasted globally all around the world and replayed 24/7 on every channel so the world could be blessed with Luca's beauty. Luca's words were so shattering that even ISIS, Syria, USA and Putin all put a stop to all their antics for the next 3 days and the world was at peace.

"Listen, I don't guarantee anything unless I know it... and this I know. @oldnews's Jets are going to have a quick exit."
"Our GM's have had a fierce rivalry ever since the Luongo vs Cory saga... although I'm the true 'Luuuu' in town, I still side with Apollo. Roberto was certainly the better goalie and it's a shame he was treated the way he was."
"Roberto should definitely win the Vezina this year. He turned a dumpster team and city into a contender. Which is no surprise."

/TrashTalk

;)

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

The Nashville Predators and Winnipeg Jets are almost guaranteed to go face to face in the first round.

Nashville's perennial superstar and world renowned PHENOM, Luca Sbisa... although injured and won't be part of the team during the playoffs, has guaranteed a first round victory vs the Winnipeg Jets. Here's some quotes from his interview with Larry King - this interview was broadcasted globally all around the world and replayed 24/7 on every channel so the world could be blessed with Luca's beauty. Luca's words were so shattering that even ISIS, Syria, USA and Putin all put a stop to all their antics for the next 3 days and the world was at peace.

"Listen, I don't guarantee anything unless I know it... and this I know. @oldnews's Jets are going to have a quick exit."
"Our GM's have had a fierce rivalry ever since the Luongo vs Cory saga... although I'm the true 'Luuuu' in town, I still side with Apollo. Roberto was certainly the better goalie and it's a shame he was treated the way he was."
"Roberto should definitely win the Vezina this year. He turned a dumpster team and city into a contender. Which is no surprise."

/TrashTalk

;)

We'll see about that.

The Jets were built to compete in the coming seasons, not necessarily this year.

We had the last overall pick in the draft - we elected to draft young, draft with cap flexibility, retain as much cap as we could, and fill our minor's system with talent moving forward.

We hoped to be near playoff contention with our young club this season - and have exceeded our internal  expectations, but our goal was to be a contender in the future years.

We have a considerable amount of cap space, good youth depth to emerge in the next few years, playing for solid franchises.

Btw, we hear a lot about the best city, the best franchise in the world, and yet GM Apollo openly and publicly was shopping Radim Vrbata almost all year - shocking really - and confusing messaging from the Preds' GM.  Especially when his club would appear to be 3rd in their division, and not exactly out of the playoff race - what kind of confidence does that GM really have in his team?    Does the Preds GM have any explanations?

7 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Why did I ever put him on waivers 

To be fair, he's having a career year. Before this season, he's never played more than 52 games, and prior to the 14/15 season, had never scored more than 6 points....

Archived