The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2015-16

Nail

Attention Poolies with Jets players: Update from Camp

So Chevy and Co. decided to dress a prospect lineup last night vs. a Wild lineup stacked with starters. Before the game, Paul Maurice indicated that this was a game where they were going to be stuck in their own end for majority of the game; he wanted to see how the young guys played on their heels against real NHL players. They expected that guys would be surprised at just how quick the game is, making it clear who they would send down and who they would keep.

Long story short, the Jets made 16 cuts this morning. Notable guys guys who were cut that have to clear waivers are Patrice Cormier and Matt Halischuk. The two most notable rookies who are being sent down to the Moose are Brendan Lemieux and Josh Morrissey. The book on Lemieux was that he just needs to fine tune his game a little, but should make the big club full time next year. As for Morrissey...

...his camp was not at all what management was expecting. Was listening to TSN 1290 this morning after the cuts were made, and the big topic was how poor Morrissey was this whole camp. Management is believed to be incredibly disappointed with how completely off he was. Not only did they mention that he will not get called up this year, due to the amount of depth they already have this year, but they said that he looked so out of place, that the chances of him making it next season were in question. Definitely disappointed as a Jets fan to hear this.

However, even though Michael Hutchinson was lit up for 6 goals last night before being pulled, the overall consensus was that he actually played a good game; it's just that the rookie team gave him zero support. Also, Ben Chiarot and Adam Pardy have had great camps so far, which has given Jets brass a sigh of relief, as both have been expected to play a much larger role this year than last year, especially Pardy.

Am I able to slide someone... who wasn't slid by the previous GM... i.e. Reinhart?

You may slide them for this season, but not last.

If you choose to slide them this season then you can't call them up at all until next year.

So the answer to your question for Reinhart is no (assuming you want him in the NHL this year)

We have a trade to announce...

To CAR: David Clarkson

To WSH: Travis Zajac, Mattias Janmark-Nylen

First and foremost, I want to thank Squeak for being such an easy GM to deal with. We both understood what each other needed and getting this deal agreed to was quick, fun, and painless.

Second, I want to wish Travis Zajac and MJN all the best as they stay out East, where their families are comfortable, and join a first rate organization. Zajac did not have to waive his NTC, but he understood that there is an opportunity to contend in the future with the Caps. Nylen, while a great prospect, was very excited at the news to join the Caps, as he knew that he has a better shot at making the Caps roster in the near future, as our prospect pool is very deep and incredibly competitive. I wish both Zajac and Nylen all the best.

Last but certainly not least, I am pleased to welcome David Clarkson to our organization. While out of place IRL on, what can only be described as a "complete mess of a Leafs team", I believe he is going to be a great piece to a Columbus team that looks to be getting better and better. While his contract has always been a concern, I feel that the sandpaper and grit he brings will pay off in dividends once you add up all his PIMs and garbage goals. The expecations for him in Columbus will be a lot less than they were in Toronto, which should only help. And with guys like Johansen, Foligno, Saad, and Dubinsky, he can focus on his game and nothing more. I expect him to be a huge player for me should we make the playoffs, as the Jackets should be better this year (sans injuries).

Lastly, I want to thank Nail for getting this done for us.

***VERY IMPORTANT***

Nail, I know you've been incredibly busy over the last little while, so in case this gets missed (as you have tons on your plate):

"Guys, today is the LAST day of the 2 week buyout period (9/28/2015). If you have players you want to buy out of their contract, today is the day to do so. Otherwise, the next time will be June 15, 2016."

I've been out of the loop--what do we need to do prior to the season?

REMINDER:

Teams have until September 28th to place a player on waivers with the intention of buying them out.

Teams have until October 1st to designate 3 players for their ELC slides.

Teams have until October 1st to place players who are in their minors but eligible for waivers on waivers. The league will automatically place them on waivers for you on October 1st if you don't.

Teams have until October 1st to be cap compliant.

Nail

GM's who aren't cap compliant or don't have at minimum 12/6/2 NHL PLAYERS on their active roster before October 1st will run the risk of getting released and replaced before the season starts on the 7th.

To CGY: Valtteri Filppula

To WSH: Curtis Lazar, Nikolay Goldobin, CBJ 2016 3rd Round Pick

The Calgary Flames are happy to have Valtteri Filppula join the organization. This was a very difficult trade to pull off but seeing the Flames with a tremendous amount of youth had a need for another veteran to help move this group forward we felt this was the right direction to go.

We have no doubt that both Nikolay and Curtis will be important players in this League in the future, adding Mr Filppula was the right move at this time.

ok i'm all good. ELC's?

Teams have the option to send their players into a "Prospects Section". Here, teams won't lose out on a year of their players contracts (must be a players entry level contract). To be eligible for the Prospects Section, a player must be on their ELC and are not eligible to be recalled at any point in the year (so be careful with who you designate to this section). At the end of the year, when every other player loses a year of their contract, these players will retain the same contract as they had the previous year. There will be a maximum of 3 contract carry overs per team per year. You must announce which 3 players you are designating to apply for this by the first day of the regular season.

san.png

San Jose Sharks finalise roster

In preparation for the upcoming 2015/16 season, the San Jose Sharks are proud to call up D Trevor van Riemsdyk and F Luke Gazdic.

The Sharks will therefore lineup for the new season with the following 23-man roster:

Jiri Hudler - Jonathan Toews © - Marian Gaborik

Evander Kane - David Backes - Loui Eriksson

Michael Raffl - Tyler Bozak - Lee Stempniak

Luke Gazdic - Ryan Garbutt - Derek Dorsett

John Scott - Kyle Chipchura

Tom Gilbert - Alex Pietrangelo

Kris Russell - Chris Tanev

Zybnek Michalek - Clayton Stoner

Trevor van Riemsdyk

Brian Elliott - Thomas Greiss

The affiliate team of San Jose, the Cutty Sharks, will look to boost the main roster with talent during the season as the team currently boasts the likes of Scott Laughton, Petr Mrazek, Matt Tennyson and Tyler Bertuzzi amongst its ranks.

To CAR: David Clarkson

To WSH: Travis Zajac, Mattias Janmark-Nylen

To CGY: Valtteri Filppula

To WSH: Curtis Lazar, Nikolay Goldobin, CBJ 2016 3rd Round Pick

Excited to add Curtis, Nikolay, Travis and Mattias.

We couldn't pass up the deal that Calgary offered, and the deal with Carolina was about getting two players for one.

Archived