The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2015-16

Nail

Rumours out of Long Island:

Most of the Islanders top 6 forwards could be available (Callahan, Vrbata, Vermette, Parenteau) - as well as depth forward Chris Neil.

A top four defensman could also be available.

As are a few of our unsigned prospects....(Blake Speers, Jeremy Lauzon)

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Niklas Backstrom to a 1 year deal worth 700K.

The Carolina Hurricanes would like to welcome Niklas Backstrom to the organization. The Canes are set with their #1 this season in Tuukka Rask; however, the second position is going to be a battle between Anton Khudobin and Niklas Backstrom. Both Khudobin and Backstrom are on very strong playoff teams IRL, and having a solid option should someone go down with an injury is incredibly important for my success this coming year. Looking forward to see how my team stacks up against everyone..

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Niklas Backstrom to a 1 year deal worth 700K.

The Los Angeles Kings have signed Troy Grosenick to a 2 year deal worth 700K per year.

I think we need a rule that D-Money and I can't sign players at the same time anymore.

The Los Angeles Kings have signed Troy Grosenick to a 2 year deal worth 700K per year.

The Kings are very happy to welcome Grosenick to the organization. With Kevin Poulin going unsigned IRL, and Igor Shesterkin staying in Russia this year, we felt we needed another goalie on the farm team with call-up potential.

We were surprised to find that Grosenick was still unsigned. Although he is the 3rd goalie in San Jose, the 2 ahead of him are not proven at all. He posted a shutout in his first NHL game last year (but unfortunately, laid an egg in his 2nd). There are strong indications that he is pegged for the back-up role in 2016-17, as Stalock did not perform well last season, and only has one year left on his contract. Meanwhile, Grosenick's 2-year extension (signed in April) becomes a 1-way deal next season.

Seems fair......

I am pretty sure I can't allow the slide, but figured worth asking.

Unless there is something specifically against it, I don't see why not. Happens in the real NHL.

For instance, Luca Sbisa played in the NHL in the first year of his ELC, as an 18 year-old. The following season though, he didn't make the team, and the Flyers sent him back to Junior, so his contract would slide a year, even though a year of it was already burnt.

Unless there is something specifically against it, I don't see why not. Happens in the real NHL.

For instance, Luca Sbisa played in the NHL in the first year of his ELC, as an 18 year-old. The following season though, he didn't make the team, and the Flyers sent him back to Junior, so his contract would slide a year, even though a year of it was already burnt.

No matter what thread I go to on CDC, Luca Sbisa inevitably comes up.

Blackhawks Roster Moves

Assignment: The Blackhawks assign F Jeremy Morin to Rockford

Recall : The Blackhawks recall D Slater Koekkoek from Rockford and place him on the Active Roster

Who ´ll finally make the we´ll know after the Camp. The are still some Guys in competiton for a Job on the 4th Line, Extra Attacker and the 7th and 8th Defence Spot.

Archived