The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Edmonton 2 vs. Vancouver 3 | Pre-season | Oct. 03, 2015 | 7:00 PM PDT | SNET-P

-Vintage Canuck-

To me you have to give McCann and Hutton a look at least for 9 games to see where they are at against proper NHL teams, assuming Jake is in. You can't not give young guys who are playing this well and making things happen a shot.

Horvat plays like a 10-year NHL pro.

He plays a fast, smart, exciting game. For me, the questions over the summer for him are answered. He both deserves and has earned 2nd line duty. His upside could very well be 1C eventually. That seemed like a long shot last summer, but it sure looks that way now.

To me you have to give McCann and Hutton a look at least for 9 games to see where they are at against proper NHL teams, assuming Jake is in. You can't not give young guys who are playing this well and making things happen a shot.

Willie did comment at the presser today about how important it is to give the yoots some experience at this level, even if just a taste of exposure. Sounds like the door is wide open for them to be here for 9.

Archived