The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat or McCann

smokes

for me its McCann he has outplayed my expectation at this point nine games in his offense is no surprise ,He may not be a shut down center of Bo s ilk or two way play at Bo s level but is nice he has been kept added a Bure kinda excitement to the team as when he get on ice expect something every shift to happen.

So glad we have Bo an Jared. as well the others guance et al.

McCann definitely showed more talent offensively but Horvat was more responsible defensively, and just as important he was physically ready as well. The only thing that worries me about McCann is rushing him when he needs to get stronger to handle the competition in the NHL over 82 games. That could really hamper his development by shaking his confidence. Whenever he's on the ice I always feel like he's one big hit away from getting his whole game shaken up. Horvat is more built and could handle the physicality of the league more. 

I was surprised Horvat made the team last year. He didn't have a great pre-season. He didn't have a good stint in the AHL when he was sent down after his injury. McCann is the leading goal scorer. Enough said.

If Virtanen makes the team this year, I am convinced that Benning has something against the junior program.

Here's the thing about that theory. He's going against tough assignments, according to some ...but he's not doing to good. He has to be able to play against top end opponents and come out at least even

when you're young your gonna get burned by the vets every now and then. If you are good enough you adapt and get better. If not so good you keep getting burned 

McCann's first nine games or Horvat's? I'd have to go with McCann, he's been a treat to watch.

That being said I've been more impressed with Horvat than McCann so far this year, Horvat's gone up a line and is playing tougher minutes and still managing to produce. Not as much as some would like perhaps, but it'll come. They're both still young.

This being said I'm tickled pink having two young guys like this on the team. We've got a legit pool of prospects and they're pushing for spots, for the longest time we didn't have that.

After Horvat in 9 games last year and McCann after 9 games so far. Who are you impressed with more?

McCann does not have the defensive capabilities as Horvat but I don't think Horvat has the capabilities offensively as McCann. This makes it a bit of a toss up.

Both, edge to McCann if going on 1st 9 games alone.

Future:

McCann a Sakic type #1 liner. 

Horvat a Bergeron type #1b/2a liner.

So many pointless topics, might just stick to PGT's unless sbisa makes a tiny mistake and the whole world burns down because of it .. zZz lel

If it is such a pointless topic then I guess it says a lot about you just clicking in and replying with such a pointless answer.

After Horvat in 9 games last year and McCann after 9 games so far. Who are you impressed with more?

McCann does not have the defensive capabilities as Horvat but I don't think Horvat has the capabilities offensively as McCann. This makes it a bit of a toss up.

Based solely on the 9 game audition of both, I am more impressed with McCann.  

Pretty nice to have both. A bit similar to our Henrik-Kesler situation a couple years ago. Hopefully McCann can keep it going and eventually become a 60-70 or even 80 point producer in this league in his prime, then we'll have our future first line center and Horvat will be a brilliant 2nd line shutdown center. That leaves the Sedins, Sutter and Cassels to mop up bottom-6 minutes.

Archived