The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 hour ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

I don't understand Casey's reluctance to play JV.....

This. All day... seriously he's been one of the bright spots other than DeRozan. He's been owning Thompson in the paint, nailing clutch hook shots, knocking his jumpers down, and always penetrating hard to the rim. Good finisher also. Seriously don't know why he didn't put JV in when Ibaka was clearly not feeling it. Oh well it's going to take a miracle at this point to overturn this 3-0 hole no one has ever come back from I believe. 

All leo rautins, jack armstrong and whoever else is reporting for tsn talk about is free throws. "O they get more free throws then us" blah blah. What do you expect when all your team does is shoot mid-range jumpers, poorly I might add.These idiots are very hard to listen to, can't wait till the actual Nba commentators come back once the cavs are in the next round.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

This. All day... seriously he's been one of the bright spots other than DeRozan. He's been owning Thompson in the paint, nailing clutch hook shots, knocking his jumpers down, and always penetrating hard to the rim. Good finisher also. Seriously don't know why he didn't put JV in when Ibaka was clearly not feeling it. Oh well it's going to take a miracle at this point to overturn this 3-0 hole no one has ever come back from I believe. 

Raps aren't gonna win poppin terrible mid-range shots; the paint is the answer. JV severely outmatches almost everyone on that Cavs team. The guy was feelin it early, I have no idea why he wasn't put back in. When it ain't broken, don't fix it?

Whenever I see Patterson sub-in to center, it makes me wanna pull my hair out; the guy consistently shoots bricks and gives the opposing team points in transition. Poeltl is a much more aggressive player, yet he rarely gets minutes. 

Also, I said at the end of last season that the Raps needed to acquire a solid 3-point shooter, but instead they trade Ross, their only consistent 3-point shooter. During last years playoff run, Terrence Ross was nailing HUGE shots in the clutch; he was a key performer for the Raps. Powell is somewhat filling that void, but the rest of the team minus Lowry is severely lacking in the 3-pointer department. With the way the NBA is going now, you need to have a couple dead-eye three-point shooters on your team, or you're gonna have to settle for awful mid-range looks like the Raps do. 

• Upvote 1

Have to say this is going to be a disappointing season for Lebron if he doesn't get another championship. Series like these are the reason the NBA will never be taken seriously. 

Edited by TheHitman

On 2017-5-6 at 1:50 AM, TheHitman said:

Have to say this is going to be a disappointing season for Lebron if he doesn't get another championship. Series like these are the reason the NBA will never be taken seriously. 

Every season is a disappointing one for Lebron when he doesn't win a championship

• Upvote 1

Mad bummed out rn. Raptors need to shake it up. All three of Casey, Demarre and Patterson need to be gone. Try re-signing Lowry, Ibaka and Tucker. Would be nice to see the Raps throw money at Milsap, Gay, KCP, Redick etc. But unless the Raps can learn to shoot threes, they're not going to do anything. Derozan and JV need to make the three a big part of their off season. Demar could legit average 30+ if he had that and would be all the more lethal and JV wouldn't be so useless against certain match ups

Gotta give kudos to the Cavs. Lowry being hurt was basically the last straw for the Raps. Cleveland are a deep team filled with 3 point shooters, decent secondary scoring with Korver, Frye, D Will and Kyrie and LeBron are and continue to be the heart of the team. We gave everything we had with Ibaka, DeRozan, Joseph, Tucker all putting everything on the line and same with the rest of the team but it was too much to overcome. I'd like to see Stackhouse get a assistist coach gig with the team. Raps 905 won the D League title and Stackhouse is a main reason their D League team won it all, getting the kids and players to buy into his system and play with hard compete level and winning mentality. Lots to linger about though especially with Lowry being a pending FA along with Tucker, Ibaka, Patterson. Hopefully we manage to re-sign them all and go at it again next season. This team deserves another chance imo. Good luck to the Cavs rest of the way and I hope they knock cocky Curry and the Warriors this year yet again!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Gotta give kudos to the Cavs. Lowry being hurt was basically the last straw for the Raps. Cleveland are a deep team filled with 3 point shooters, decent secondary scoring with Korver, Frye, D Will and Kyrie and LeBron are and continue to be the heart of the team. We gave everything we had with Ibaka, DeRozan, Joseph, Tucker all putting everything on the line and same with the rest of the team but it was too much to overcome. I'd like to see Stackhouse get a assistist coach gig with the team. Raps 905 won the D League title and Stackhouse is a main reason their D League team won it all, getting the kids and players to buy into his system and play with hard compete level and winning mentality. Lots to linger about though especially with Lowry being a pending FA along with Tucker, Ibaka, Patterson. Hopefully we manage to re-sign them all and go at it again next season. This team deserves another chance imo. Good luck to the Cavs rest of the way and I hope they knock cocky Curry and the Warriors this year yet again!

One can hope that happens. Thompson storming off the court without shaking hands will be a welcomed site. Durant doesent deserve a championship being a top 3 player and joining the best team in the league 

25 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

I hope Lowry re-signs, seems doubtful though

I always thought Lowry was overrated and would be a nodody if he didn't play in Toronto. Still think that actually..but I also don't like the Raptors so hope they resign em. 

17 hours ago, HI5 said:

I always thought Lowry was overrated and would be a nodody if he didn't play in Toronto. Still think that actually..but I also don't like the Raptors so hope they resign em. 

Why are you here if you don't like the Raps... they got beat by the defending champs and they were eager to repeat. Too many threats from 3 and Kyrie and LeBron are solid playmakers and scorers themselves. Warriors may win the title this year but won't be surprised if LeBron repeats even with GS having KD. I believe LeBron and Kyrie can expose Curry and the Dubs again. I respect the Cavs a lot and they are still a top 5 team in the league alongside the Rockets, Spurs, Celtics, Raps among them