The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

9 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

cavs winning big today. Expecting 40 plus from Lbj 

No one is stopping the warriors though, even without curry they are the favourite. Plus they will get him back, complete juggernauts.

Called it lol lbj with 46

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Lebron had a fantastic game. He will never ever be the scorer that Kobe was or as clutch a player as Kobe. He just simply won't. And for your point regarding Scoring records, Kobe had Shaq as the #1 option early in his career. Lebron has always been the go to guy. 

If Lebron wanted he could of been a much better scorer than king inefficient aka Kobe. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2018 at 3:47 PM, cookieeater55 said:

He choked. If you're a top 2 YOU CANNOT CHOKE IN THE BIGGEST STAGE OF THE GAME. FACTS.

Jerry West "clutch" has to do with his shooting, not his rings. Plus if Lebron had games like Jerry  where he comes out cold and drops dagger after dagger, he would have 2 more titles. I would go back and watch his performances before bringing up :)

Lebron passes up on the moments. Jordan and Kobe never did, they took the moments and if you don't have Kobe in your top 5 list you can't have lebron there. 

1. Lebron doesnt have a goto move

2. Lebron cant close out games

3. Two - Three of the best shots of his finals career were made by other players. If he's top 2 he should've hit those shots and drained them

4. His defence is overrated  

He's marching through the east cuz its a weak conference but in the finals he gets his head knocked. 

I seriously don't care how good a player plays in the regular season if they can't get it done in June. You play in the NBA to win championships. 

So much wrong with this post...wow

1. ...what? When did he choke? Other than the '11 series, he's been unreal in the finals. Just last yr he averaged a triple double vs the greatest team of all time and couldn't even go to the bench to rest w/o his team blowing whatever lead they had. 

2. In elimination games:

DSph1V6WAAA9yGt.jpg:large

3. Dumbest argument ever. The Allen shot was quick rebound from Bosh straight to Allen - one of the greatest 3 point shooters OAT. And regarding the Kyrie game 7 shot are we going to ignore LeBron's chasedown block on Iggy? Or the fact that from games 5-7 (while down 3-1), he posted the following: 41-16-7, 41-8-11, 27-11-11 ?

Or that he was the first player EVER to lead players in all statistical categories in the finals..

b96c6b310d76f32dd065a4f9713d6cad.jpg

4. Maybe as of recent because he's 33 and has to carry the bulk of the load offensively, but at his peak (and even deep into the playoffs currently), his defense is still above-average. 

5. Yeah... lets just ignore the fact that MJ made the playoffs with the following records: 30-52, 38-44, 40-42. That and the fact that he played 5 seasons as a starter w/o Pippen, all of which were losing seasons (also 1-9 in playoffs without him..) 

6. By that logic I guess Bill Russell is the greatest of all time!

Edited by Drouin
  • Upvote 2

CJ, Nurkic and a first for Kawahi. Just hand the blazers championships at that point.

You need some sort of a big 3 to win it all. Blazers would lose too much in that deal imo. You definitely do the deal but chip is hardly guaranteed. 

Damian Lillard FG% by series:
2014 1st Round - 46.8%
2014 Semi - 41.1%
2015 1st Round - 40.6%
2016 1st Round - 37.4%
2016 Semi - 36.2%
2017 1st Round - 43.3%
2018 1st Round - 31.7%

Talk about overrated. 

Edited by Van40

18 hours ago, Drouin said:

So much wrong with this post...wow

1. ...what? When did he choke? Other than the '11 series, he's been unreal in the finals. Just last yr he averaged a triple double vs the greatest team of all time and couldn't even go to the bench to rest w/o his team blowing whatever lead they had. 

2. In elimination games:

DSph1V6WAAA9yGt.jpg:large

3. Dumbest argument ever. The Allen shot was quick rebound from Bosh straight to Allen - one of the greatest 3 point shooters OAT. And regarding the Kyrie game 7 shot are we going to ignore LeBron's chasedown block on Iggy? Or the fact that from games 5-7 (while down 3-1), he posted the following: 41-16-7, 41-8-11, 27-11-11 ?

Or that he was the first player EVER to lead players in all statistical categories in the finals..

b96c6b310d76f32dd065a4f9713d6cad.jpg

4. Maybe as of recent because he's 33 and has to carry the bulk of the load offensively, but at his peak (and even deep into the playoffs currently), his defense is still above-average. 

5. Yeah... lets just ignore the fact that MJ made the playoffs with the following records: 30-52, 38-44, 40-42. That and the fact that he played 5 seasons as a starter w/o Pippen, all of which were losing seasons (also 1-9 in playoffs without him..) 

6. By that logic I guess Bill Russell is the greatest of all time!

Bill Russell is the second best.  Wilt the Stilt is the best.  

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

You need some sort of a big 3 to win it all. Blazers would lose too much in that deal imo. You definitely do the deal but chip is hardly guaranteed. 

Damian Lillard FG% by series:
2014 1st Round - 46.8%
2014 Semi - 41.1%
2015 1st Round - 40.6%
2016 1st Round - 37.4%
2016 Semi - 36.2%
2017 1st Round - 43.3%
2018 1st Round - 31.7%

Talk about overrated. 

I am going to leave this conversation because you legitimately called first team NBA, Damian Lillard overrated. You don't deserve to talk about basketball

I am going to leave this conversation because you legitimately called first team NBA, Damian Lillard overrated. You don't deserve to talk about basketball

I thought Dame could of been really special. This years reg season almost convinced me he was a stud. But I was wrong. He choked again. 

He's just a regular season stat hog. He chokes in the playoffs every year. Current playoff averages are 18.3 ppg on 34 fg% shooting with only 4.3 apg and a dreadful 5 turnovers per game. Can't guard to save his life either. 

Might be the most overrated star out there rn. 

Ooh almost forgot, Dame's a crisp -35 in the series and down 0-3. For reference the guy who's locking him up, Jrue Holdiay, is a + 43. Get the brooms out!!

Edited by Van40
  • Haha 1

New Orleans matches up nicely against the warriors, if they had Boogie that would have been a fun series to watch. Rondo with his length/wingspan will definitely give Curry trouble. I am just happy that the playoffs this year so far have been much more fun to watch compared to last year.

12 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

You do realize the only team he has a chance at first team is cause of Curry's injury?

Complains about being snubbed from all star games yet doesn't prove $&!# in the playoffs lol.

He's a good player no doubt and played amazing down the stretch, but he's been abysmal in the playoffs.

Edited by Drouin
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Drouin said:

You do realize the only team he has a chance at first team is cause of Curry's injury?

Complains about being snubbed from all star games yet doesn't prove $&!# in the playoffs lol.

He's a good player no doubt and played amazing down the stretch, but he's been abysmal in the playoffs.

Regardless he is a AllNBA calibre player. He is a player you build your franchise around

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

How shocked will we all be when the Finals is: Cleveland v Golden State - again?  

Don't see the Cavs making it tbh. It doesn't matter though, which ever team makes the Finals will get destroyed by the Warriors. 

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Honestly I feel more of the blame is on Cj

Wtf?? Pls explain.

CJ is the only one that's shown up. Nurkic and Dame are the one's choking.

And no, it doesn't matter how many/which All NBA teams you made :lol: