The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

They might of shopped him, but he still wanted his own squad. He wanted out of Lebron's shadow but he has also wanted out of Cleveland, before Bron got there.

Wasn't long ago we heard Kyrie to Lakers rumors. He asked for a trade back then too. 

Anyway, my point remains. Tatum will pass Kyrie soon. Tatum and Jaylen Brown will pass Irving pretty soon. Does Boston really want to invest in such an injury prone pg? Not many great years left in Kyrie imo. 

Next year will tell it all. They say his knee will recover. At the end of the day they still fleeced Cleveland in that trade.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Don't watch basketball but was reading some news about some player who said he thinks he worth more then $12-14M a year... First reaction was who is this guy and who demands that much for playing basketball... I'm used to what an NHL salary is for sports that play what 82 games a year and basketball doesn't even have hitting in their game, then I decided let's see what LeBron makes a year then I can see if what this guy is asking for is realistic, man was I shocked LeBron makes $33M a year WHAT? Here I thought MLB players made to much a year, but gave them the benefit of the doubt because they play way more games then any sport per year, these salaries for athletes are getting ridiculous way to much.

Trash NBA players make more money than a lot of NHL star players.

Edited by J-23

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

They might of shopped him, but he still wanted his own squad. He wanted out of Lebron's shadow but he has also wanted out of Cleveland, before Bron got there.

Wasn't long ago we heard Kyrie to Lakers rumors. He asked for a trade back then too. 

Anyway, my point remains. Tatum will pass Kyrie soon. Tatum and Jaylen Brown will pass Irving pretty soon. Does Boston really want to invest in such an injury prone pg? Not many great years left in Kyrie imo. 

Come on now, don't be salty Irving left your team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Trash NBA players make more money than a lot of NHL players.

Gross NBA salaries are tied to the national TV deals.  That’s why I think the league fixes the playoffs, so their biggest stars are in the ?Final.  

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Come on now, don't be salty Irving left your team.

Not being biased at all. Have felt this way since 2015. He played through a ton of pain in the 2016 finals too. 

Boston is a dynasty in the making, again. 

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

Next year will tell it all. They say his knee will recover. At the end of the day they still fleeced Cleveland in that trade.

If course they did. Kyrie narrowed his list down to a couple teams. Threatened to not re-sign if he got traded to Den or Phx. Easy W for Boston. 

1 minute ago, Van40 said:

Not being biased at all. Have felt this way since 2015. He played through a ton of pain in the 2016 finals too. 

You think like the Russel teams, or more like the Bird teams?  

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

Still gave up that Brooklyn pick which was quite a high pick but overall yea they fleeced them and who knows if any other teams were even really offering much for him if he didn't resign. 

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

Those Brooklyn trades are the gift that keeps on giving. Couple down years but overall they are treanding upwards quicker than a non-bottom feeder should. 

17 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Refs have cost Houston 10 points so far specifically harden. LA all over again?

Yea those 2 3's definately should have been called.  Definitely a typical Warriors 3rd quarter though, lets see how the 4th ends up.

Embarrassing how the refs rescued a team as great as GS. 

That Harden 4 point play which should of counted was the game changer. 

Rockets missing 30 or so straight 3s also helped lose that game.  

15 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Embarrassing how the refs rescued a team as great as GS. 

That Harden 4 point play which should of counted was the game changer. 

Rockets missing 30 or so straight 3s also helped lose that game.  

Okay, that league sure seems fixed.  Once again the two TV network drivers are in the Final, just as speculated would be the case back in October.  Why even have a season?   

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I was hoping for two new teams in the ?Final - Boston and Huston.  I’m a poor sport. :(

Teams making it to the Finals consecutive years in a row is no surprise in the NBA, it's been happening since the NBA started.

Edited by J-23

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Teams making it to the Finals consecutive years in a row is no surprise in the NBA, it's been happening since the NBA started.

I know.  I’ve been watching/following since the Russel v Wilt years.  One great player can lead his team to the Final, with an average supporting cast.  Still would have enjoyed seeing two new teams this year.  Getting tired of LBJ v KD

• Upvote 1