The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Brothers Inspired by Trump, Face Hate Crime Charges

nucklehead

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Disgusting comments from anyone, let alone someone who hopes to be the leader of a world power.

taken in context, and they make good sense.  The same was said about the Irish, and Eastern Europeans in the last century.  It's not racist or fascist.  It's stating facts.  

And it was racist than.  There's no excuse for this garbage in 2015.

there are all kinds of trash.  It makes no difference the house it comes out of.  Racism has no place at any time, of course.  I agree with that.  I don't think his comments were racist.  He was stating facts.  

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Disgusting comments from anyone, let alone someone who hopes to be the leader of a world power.

Ummm.... legal immigration usually means you gotta reach some certain level before being allowed in.  Most western country has a point system to qualify.  When it comes to illegal immigration, anyone can just enter regardless of history or background. 

Trump has never been against immigration, he just wants higher quality to come.  Doctors, professionals, trades, etc... not just anyone, including the less desirable.  Not sure how that can even be construed as racism.... unless someone is twisting it as such. 

taken in context, and they make good sense.  The same was said about the Irish, and Eastern Europeans in the last century.  It's not racist or fascist.  It's stating facts.  

Please?!?! Do you honestly think Mexico is choosing who they want to go to the USA and then "sends" them there. Individuals are choosing to try to go to the USA for a chance at a better life. The idea that Mexico is "sending" anyone is idiotic!

Please?!?! Do you honestly think Mexico is choosing who they want to go to the USA and then "sends" them there. Individuals are choosing to try to go to the USA for a chance at a better life. The idea that Mexico is "sending" anyone is idiotic!

Idiotic yes, but racist or fascist no.  

I don't know if it's accurate to say this act was "inspired" by Trump, I doubt these guys were exactly nice, tolerant, nonviolent people before Trump came and converted them to the dark side (doesn't excuse racist rhetoric).

Also Trump gets singled out for racism a lot, but the reality is that the majority of Republican candidates appear to be racist or at the very least extreme ignorant of racial injustice.  They just do a better job of cloaking it using coded language and supporting ideology that appears colour-blind on the surface but targets minorities in reality.

Also Trump gets singled out for racism a lot, but the reality is that the majority of Republican candidates appear to be racist or at the very least extreme ignorant of racial injustice.  They just do a better job of cloaking it using coded language and supporting ideology that appears colour-blind on the surface but targets minorities in reality.

Bingo.  Absolutely terrifying that a large portion of Americans actually think these lunatics are electable.

Archived