The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mental laziness at the root of Canuck's problems

*Buzzsaw*

I think it's more than that. I mentioned when Pittsburgh beat us that they figured out our breakout plays and intercepted a lot of passes. I said that other teams would take note and do the same to us. That's been happening. We need to mix it up and do some tight breakouts as a 5 man unit and some long passes. We need better puck support for our d-men. Our guys have been taking a lot of shots lately.

Just now, Bo.Horvat53 said:

They need to get their heads out of their a$$es. That's the root of their problems.

Our top minute guys, who are our core are old.  We are in transition.  We need a true number one centre prospect and an elite D prospect.  Hutton might become the D, especially if we could get Hamonic to play with him.  The centre we need to draft - Matthews.

On 2015-11-18, 10:41:24, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

buzzsaw what you mentioned is true, but my question to you is what about against the Calgary Flames in the playoffs; is this not the same team we are seeing? Fragile "YES!" giving up 3 goal leads "YES" what is this telling us? hmmmmmmmmm

that's not a first time thing with this core, just that this year they are showing these colors early; whereas, normally they breeze through the season because of their special teams, and in playoffs become like this but this year its happening early.

As Torts said.... the problem is at the core of this team.

And..... our special teams coaches should be back in junior! if only we could!

26 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

As Torts said.... the problem is at the core of this team.

And..... our special teams coaches should be back in junior! if only we could!

The same Torts who publicly accused Ryan Johansen of being out of shape? That Torts sure knows how to make the core players of his teams feel right at home.

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

The same Torts who publicly accused Ryan Johansen of being out of shape? That Torts sure knows how to make the core players of his teams feel right at home.

Torts is honest, to a fault.  If he said the guy needs to be more fit - which I don't remember him saying - then I bet the kid needs to be more fit.  

Archived