The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] WCE Night | Canucks 5 | Refs+Sabres 2 | Vrby Hatty

TheRussianRocket.

1 hour ago, Fateless said:

What is it with people thinking goals are all that matter? Prust has 7 points in 18 games - that is a 30+ point pace - excellent numbers from a 4th liner. Not to mention the guy has a positive +/- on a team where we have players sitting around -13 and -14. But you conveniently ignore that fact because he's only scored once. 

Since when does supporting our players make us self-righteous? Its people that berate them for not filling a role they were not acquired to do that come off like morons.

check where this convo started. You called me out and said "Sit down"

that is self-righteous. It is smug.

You can support Prust all you want, but if you want to call me out I will reply.

You call me out after the game in which Prust scored, then say its not about scoring, make up your mind.

Prust had a good game against a bottom feeder, I am not wowed.

Was Prust brought in to be an internet tough guy? He is.

was he brought in to sit on his hands while the kids gat beat up in Anahiem? He did.

If he strings together a handful of good games I will get behind him, but in the long run I think Prust is a 1 season player that will forget he ever played in Vancouver and will easily be forgotten.

Edit, to put it a different way, if I thought Prust had the passion for this team and city, that you have for him, I would like him better.

2 hours ago, lmm said:

check where this convo started. You called me out and said "Sit down"

that is self-righteous. It is smug.

You can support Prust all you want, but if you want to call me out I will reply.

You call me out after the game in which Prust scored, then say its not about scoring, make up your mind.

Prust had a good game against a bottom feeder, I am not wowed.

Was Prust brought in to be an internet tough guy? He is.

was he brought in to sit on his hands while the kids gat beat up in Anahiem? He did.

If he strings together a handful of good games I will get behind him, but in the long run I think Prust is a 1 season player that will forget he ever played in Vancouver and will easily be forgotten.

Edit, to put it a different way, if I thought Prust had the passion for this team and city, that you have for him, I would like him better.

Look, I'm sorry if I offended you by calling you out, but I was annoyed that people have unrealistic expectations about a 4th liner player. Prust is not the only "tough guy" on this team. Its not fair to say "well Prust didn't stand up for [insert player name here] so I don't support him. Does that mean you don't support Dorsett? Cracknell? Prust has been doing excellent when you take into perspective his role. Prust was not brought onto the team to fight every game - but to mentor the kids. There is video footage of Prust sitting with McCann and Virtanen after practices just chatting and talking about how to do things. Prust was even teaching Virtanen how to improve on his fighting. Beyond that, the guy is on pace for over 30 points.

I just don't see why people can't support him. You point to single incidents where he wasn't on the ice, or where he didn't respond - but I can point to many times where he brought exactly what he has been asked to provide. 

On 12/8/2015, 7:13:30, Gooseberries said:
On 12/8/2015, 6:56:22, Winter Soldier said:

Saw you on the jumbotron! Great sign! :towel:

I feel like im the only one not pumped about besting a bottom feeder team on the second night of their back to back at home. Just proves to me that we're bad bot not bottom 5 bad. 

Thanks.  I have so many, many, many memories watching Nazzy and WCE line throughout the years.  I used to make lots of signs - the most memorable one was when he played his 1000th game and I made a sign that said:   NAZZY U ARE OUR KING because they played the LA Kings that night.  It was the same night that he gave me his hockey stick - we lost that game and I didn't even care or watch it because I was too busy texting everyone about this gift.  It was really funny then and now.  By accident I hit Alex over the head with it and I think he might have been 4 years old at the time.  I felt so bad - it was just all the excitement.

I had a sort of special relationship with his family because they sat in front of me and I get bored easily so I like playing and who better to play with than kids!  Nazzy's wife Lotta is the classiest lady you could ever have the opportunity to meet.  She was always really friendly and I think appreciated how well she and the kids were treated by everyone who sat around her.  I was really sad when he left for New York and for me it hasn't been the same in the arena.

On December 9, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Fateless said:

Look, I'm sorry if I offended you by calling you out, but I was annoyed that people have unrealistic expectations about a 4th liner player. Prust is not the only "tough guy" on this team. Its not fair to say "well Prust didn't stand up for [insert player name here] so I don't support him. Does that mean you don't support Dorsett? Cracknell? Prust has been doing excellent when you take into perspective his role. Prust was not brought onto the team to fight every game - but to mentor the kids. There is video footage of Prust sitting with McCann and Virtanen after practices just chatting and talking about how to do things. Prust was even teaching Virtanen how to improve on his fighting. Beyond that, the guy is on pace for over 30 points.

I just don't see why people can't support him. You point to single incidents where he wasn't on the ice, or where he didn't respond - but I can point to many times where he brought exactly what he has been asked to provide. 

Agreed !!!!

Prust has been injured and had a slow start , right before the ankle injury he was looking great, 

these guys can't fight every night, they're hands get turned into total mush smashing heads and helmets.

Prust fought Oct 7,12,13 and then got injured. 3 scraps in a week. Not enough ?  

I'm not questioning Prust further after he speared the Rat and then claimed it. Guy is a beauty.

If he would resign at a affordable cap hit i would even consider it.  

Might even happen if the Kings re-up Lucic.

Also wouldn't surprise me if Vrbata and Prust got moved to the Habs at the deadline.

Archived