The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] WCE Night | Canucks 5 | Refs+Sabres 2 | Vrby Hatty

TheRussianRocket.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agree with stawns and Dib....sure, we beat a bottom feeder in the second of back to backs. Whatever. It's a win and in pro sports you take those where you can get them.

Not sure why so many are determined to throw cold water on the situation. As BB said, no-one is planning the parade. We're just looking at the positives.

Exactly. Hopefully the players can build off it too.

I remember when we were in the midst of something like an 8 game losing streak in 08-09 and Burrows scored a huge goal against Carolina which lead to the win. That ended up being the turning point of the season for the team.

Even though Carolina wasn't the best team, a win was all they needed to get those good vibes back. Hopefully this game can have a similar effect for this team.

I miss the WCE. I became a fan of the Canucks in 2000-2001 IIRC after catching a game late on channel 5 one night.

Later that season I planned a trip to Canada and can remember getting the overnight train into Vancouver from Jasper listening to the Canucks play ( I think it was against Columbus and was something like 7-3) 

two nights later I watched the Canucks beat Washington 6-0 and have been over many times since to watch season and playoff games.

The WCE got me into hockey, for that I'm forever grateful, even had a Bert shirt which I still own now. I miss that line.

All three of them look like they could still play.

Man o man, in their prime, that line was an unstoppable combination of brute force and skill.

I actually got a bit misty seeing the reception they got from the crowd, especially the one for Big Bert.

Well done Canuck fans.

Nice to see a better effort out of the guys last night.  it wasn't a perfect game for them, with at least two brutal giveaways, but maybe that's a good thing... let's them know that even when things are rolling along well against weak teams like the Sabres that they still need to be sharp.  Hopefully the fun they had last night will lighten their moods, loosen their grips, and play like they did earlier in the year.

In any case, it was a much easier game to watch than anything in the last week (and longer).  I'm pissed I paid money to see them in Anaheim, and feel sorry for the faithful that traveled down and paid more than I did for their efforts.  Hope they got something good outside a couple of lame hockey games.  

I don't understand how this team can play so vastly different from 1 game to the next. There were 2 substitutions and a shuffling of lines and it looked like a completely different team. There are many talking about the quality of competition, but if the team that we saw play Buffalo last night played the Bruins the night before last, we wouldn't be talking about a 4-0 loss.

I was especially impressed by Vrbata last night and not only because of his goal scoring. He was directing traffic on the ice in a way I had never seen. He looked like an on ice coach the way he was directing traffic and being vocal. If he were to be a mentor to the young players in that way and impart his knowledge to the next generation, I wouldn't be opposed to letting him play out his contract.

When this team plays that tight gap control game and the passes are clicking, we have a chance to win every game. When there is a hand grenade approach to possession, there is 'only a goalies chance of winning'                                  .

Parity has reached the league in a way that it never has before and expansion to Vegas and Quebec City is going to happen within 2 years.

21 hours ago, Fateless said:

Who was it that was complaining about Prust yesterday?

Yeah, sit down.

still standing. Actually I'm sitting just like I was yesterday.

best game Prust will ever play for Vancouver!!!

He looked good out there!!!

He was hitting like a freight train!!!!

He was scoring like an NHLer!!!

He scored on a back up goalie!!!

He was hitting 18-19 year olds!!!

Did he straighten out DesLaurier for that hit in Hamhius?

BRING ON THE RANGERS!!!

If he gets a Gordie Howe hat trick tomorrow I'll clap.

1 hour ago, lmm said:

still standing. Actually I'm sitting just like I was yesterday.

best game Prust will ever play for Vancouver!!!

He looked good out there!!!

He was hitting like a freight train!!!!

He was scoring like an NHLer!!!

He scored on a back up goalie!!!

He was hitting 18-19 year olds!!!

Did he straighten out DesLaurier for that hit in Hamhius?

BRING ON THE RANGERS!!!

If he gets a Gordie Howe hat trick tomorrow I'll clap.

Its no wonder fanbases around the NHL believe Vancouver has the worst fans. Prust had an excellent game and all you can do is mock him. This forum needs a "prisoner's island" section where people that have nothing positive are banished to spend time with like minded people. 

Good game and nice to have the WCE back together once more.  They were my idols growing up and I still remember fondly their escapades.  

One thing I didn't like about the ceremony though was the order in which they were presented.  Sure it's no bid deal, but I thought it was disrespectful for our former captain not to be last out.

8 hours ago, Fozzy said:

I miss the WCE. I became a fan of the Canucks in 2000-2001 IIRC after catching a game late on channel 5 one night.

Later that season I planned a trip to Canada and can remember getting the overnight train into Vancouver from Jasper listening to the Canucks play ( I think it was against Columbus and was something like 7-3) 

two nights later I watched the Canucks beat Washington 6-0 and have been over many times since to watch season and playoff games.

The WCE got me into hockey, for that I'm forever grateful, even had a Bert shirt which I still own now. I miss that line.

I feel you big time. Great story. 

I followed a year after and the wce was the reason. 

One of my favourite stories was the passed up hattrick by Naslund against Dallas to break tuzzis slump (or maybe vice versa) ... Just showed how much these guys respected each other and loved each other as friends. 

Unfortunately, the love cost them the cup in 2004. With tuzzi Vancouver would have steam rolled Calgary and beat the lightning in 5 games for the cup. Can't blame tuzzi tho. He stood up for his brother. The 10 skaters jumping on his back after the incident broke the neck. 

WCE RULES... 

B mo... Also an epic piece of that puzzle. Game 6 ot winner.... I still remember watching that as a kid in our apartment. 

These guys were great role models. 

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎44‎:‎13‎, Arrow 1983 said:
On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎44‎:‎38‎, Fateless said:

Who was it that was complaining about Prust yesterday?

Yeah, sit down.

Yup 1 good game and you are back on the self-righteous band wagon. You call me out and then say I am what's wrong with Canuck fans.  Sure bud.

I didn't like Prust 2 games ago and I don't like him now. But if you are happy with 1 goal every 1/4 season, you just keep on singing the happy happy joy joy song.

Arrow- I have no idea why you are quoted above, I could not get rid of that glitch, nothing meant. 

9 hours ago, Fateless said:

Its no wonder fanbases around the NHL believe Vancouver has the worst fans. Prust had an excellent game and all you can do is mock him. This forum needs a "prisoner's island" section where people that have nothing positive are banished to spend time with like minded people. 

They should also have a sub-forum for the uber-homers called the...circle jerk.

9 hours ago, lmm said:

I didn't like Prust 2 games ago and I don't like him now. But if you are happy with 1 goal every 1/4 season, you just keep on singing the happy happy joy joy song.

What is it with people thinking goals are all that matter? Prust has 7 points in 18 games - that is a 30+ point pace - excellent numbers from a 4th liner. Not to mention the guy has a positive +/- on a team where we have players sitting around -13 and -14. But you conveniently ignore that fact because he's only scored once. 

Since when does supporting our players make us self-righteous? Its people that berate them for not filling a role they were not acquired to do that come off like morons.

On December 7, 2015 at 11:03:45 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Benning asks Bertuzzi to "speak" to Willie about that being a bad idea.

Bertuzzi will catch Willie with a left hook from behind.... All the while yelling "No More Weber!  No More Weber! No More Weber!"

15 minutes ago, Fateless said:

What is it with people thinking goals are all that matter? Prust has 7 points in 18 games - that is a 30+ point pace - excellent numbers from a 4th liner. Not to mention the guy has a positive +/- on a team where we have players sitting around -13 and -14. But you conveniently ignore that fact because he's only scored once. 

Since when does supporting our players make us self-righteous? Its people that berate them for not filling a role they were not acquired to do that come off like morons.

It's all about the Prust, bout the Thrust, bout the Prust

No problems

It's all about the Prust, bout the Thrust, bout the Prust

No problems

Archived