The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015/16 Former Canucks Stats

Which Forward will have the most points?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kesler though.

Dale Weise has more points than Kesler says it all. Kesler shouldn't have any excuses. Ducks have a good team on paper, but they simply just aren't clicking whereass :) Montreal has a strong bottom 6 and are able to produce offensively.

An glad we got rid of Nick Bonino.  I remember when people said Bonino was much better than Sutter. I wonder how Pitts fans feel about this trade now.

When it comes down to it - the Canucks haven't made any huge mistakes in letting players go. The Canucks have fleeced Anaheim in the Kesler trade so far. On top of that, Sutter has more points than Bonino with half the games played. Lack was one of those "defining" trades that tipped Benning's hand, but so far Lack has responded poorly in Carolina and Markstrom has been playing amazing for us.

Overall, Weiss is the only player I regret not giving a better shot - but that's with the hindsight of seeing what he has done in Montreal. Realistically, Weiss was not performing for us like he currently is in Montreal, so it wasn't really a bad decision at the time.

For those complaining about losing Connauton - the guy is currently a bottom pairing defenseman that we have plenty of in the system. While we need to fix our defense, that isn't going to happen by utilizing bottom pairing guys in a top four role.

10 minutes ago, Fateless said:

When it comes down to it - the Canucks haven't made any huge mistakes in letting players go. The Canucks have fleeced Anaheim in the Kesler trade so far. On top of that, Sutter has more points than Bonino with half the games played. Lack was one of those "defining" trades that tipped Benning's hand, but so far Lack has responded poorly in Carolina and Markstrom has been playing amazing for us.

Overall, Weiss is the only player I regret not giving a better shot - but that's with the hindsight of seeing what he has done in Montreal. Realistically, Weiss was not performing for us like he currently is in Montreal, so it wasn't really a bad decision at the time.

For those complaining about losing Connauton - the guy is currently a bottom pairing defenseman that we have plenty of in the system. While we need to fix our defense, that isn't going to happen by utilizing bottom pairing guys in a top four role.

In terms of player positions, I'd take Weise over fellow right wings Dorsett and Burrows (at this stage of his career), but that's about it.  Hansen has been somewhat of a revelation with the Twins, and Vrbata's still a solid option with 10 goals and 18 points. Dale did have some moments where he played like a 3rd liner here and it's good that he came on strongly early in the season but it's not a big loss, and he's tailed off.  

Same for Connauton, he's only dressed in 2/3 of his team's games so far, and has played limited minutes when he does play.

The only guy I'd think we could use would be Richardson, and that in light of the team's struggles in the dot.  He's almost at 50% for draws, and while Bo and Sutter are strong options, we've seen how over his head #53 has been with Sutter out, and he could really use another veteran to help in the circle, as neither Vey nor McCann are particularly strong options for face-offs.   

Archived