The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rick Rypien tribute TSN believe in RYP

Squamfan

That was so hard to watch... Athlete's are human too. They have their struggles and pain. As someone who has clinical depression, even when you're surounded by loved ones and friends, it's so easy to feel so alone, and the thoughts only get worse. Rypien was so loved by his teammates and in this city. He was one of my favourite Canucks. I don't know if he ever felt that way though, because once dark thoughts seep in, they linger. Especially after that fan altercation in Minnesota, where everyone across the league hated him. Rest in Peace Ripper. You're so, so missed. 

20 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

That was so hard to watch... Athlete's are human too. They have their struggles and pain. As someone who has clinical depression, even when you're surounded by loved ones and friends, it's so easy to feel so alone, and the thoughts only get worse. Rypien was so loved by his teammates and in this city. He was one of my favourite Canucks. I don't know if he ever felt that way though, because once dark thoughts seep in, they linger. Especially after that fan altercation in Minnesota, where everyone across the league hated him. Rest in Peace Ripper. You're so, so missed. 

do you have any idea if it re airs or where I can watch it! 

I was devastated when I heard about Rick. He was one of my favourite players and mental health issues hit very close to home with me. I miss watching him play and it saddens me deeply things ended like they did with him. 

Respect the canucks organization and Bell emensly for what the have been doing trying to educate people. 

Archived