The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal-Signing) Michael Grabner.

Nd1989

6 minutes ago, Nd1989 said:

Long time lurker first post so dont kick my ars to hard.

Any thoughts on bringing back michael grabner at low cost in the off season?

Speedy winger that can kill penaltys, play on the powerplay and pot 15-20.

Great post!  If we are looking to get to the top picks in the 2017 draft, the for certain we want Grabner.  While we are at it, we should get Mason Raymond back too.  

Really, I think those kinds of players are fast enough for today's NHL, but are they tough enough?  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Great post!  If we are looking to get to the top picks in the 2017 draft, the for certain we want Grabner.  While we are at it, we should get Mason Raymond back too.  

Really, I think those kinds of players are fast enough for today's NHL, but are they tough enough?  

alf how,s about murry craven as well, he falls into the mason raymond category. (see what i did there?)

Ideal 3rd line LW, can score in bunches, always a threat with speed, excellent on the PK, can be in the top 6 in short stretches..

Next year?

D.SEDIN         H.SEDIN         B.SUTTER
S.BAERTSCHI     B.HORVAT        J.VIRTANEN
M.GRABNER       J.MCCANN        J.HANSEN
A.BURROWS       L.VEY           E.ETEM
D.DORSETT

The Canucks are fine up front. We brought in Etem and Baerstchi that are speedy forwards. We also have Shinkaruk, who is a couple of years away from making the team,

The Canucks should be assessing their needs which is defence. Whether it be via trade, free agency, or draft. The Canucks are in desperate need for a top-2/4 defenceman,

Grabner can still be a decent 4th line energy player that can be useful on the PK. There is absolutely nothing wrong with signing him at league minimum. If he wasn't an ex-Canuck who was put on waivers you wouldn't see nearly as many negative responses.

Wouldn't mind him either with Baertschi as two deadly speedy skaters or if we want to go with more balance how about this lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic/Ladd/Okposo/Eriksson/Boedkker (give one of them 6M happy days)

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Etem -  Sutter - Grabner

Gaunce - McCann - Virtanen

• 11 months later...

Archived