The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Season Tickets Thread

DonaldBrashear

It's going to be upper bowl pretty much sold out, and the lower bowl only half-two thirds.

Then they are going to have to try to sell them as single game tickets, a couple thousand lower bowls each game.....but won't be able to, as they won't be priced competitive with the secondary market.  They have no idea what to do about this.

But like I said most people I know did renew....83% did....this forum will make it seem like that is lower.

But the people I know.....lots of looking at getting cheaper seats.  

They need to figure out a better marketing strategy beside the $55 a month thing.  Which is misleading.  As I doubt they have sold a single one of these $55 deals.  They can't just lower prices for new sales, unless they drop prices for all STHs, which won't happen.  They need to have some sort of market scheme, like offering existing STHs the opportunity to purchase these "unwanted locations" at a discount.

On 5/17/2016 at 8:28 PM, BCNeil said:

It's going to be upper bowl pretty much sold out, and the lower bowl only half-two thirds.

Then they are going to have to try to sell them as single game tickets, a couple thousand lower bowls each game.....but won't be able to, as they won't be priced competitive with the secondary market.  They have no idea what to do about this.

But like I said most people I know did renew....83% did....this forum will make it seem like that is lower.

But the people I know.....lots of looking at getting cheaper seats.  

They need to figure out a better marketing strategy beside the $55 a month thing.  Which is misleading.  As I doubt they have sold a single one of these $55 deals.  They can't just lower prices for new sales, unless they drop prices for all STHs, which won't happen.  They need to have some sort of market scheme, like offering existing STHs the opportunity to purchase these "unwanted locations" at a discount.

Teams go through ups and downs. I wonder what it would take for the Canucks to sellout ( or near it) during a rebuild? Are fans not buying tickets because they are a middling team? ( Not good enough to win, yet not poor enough to get top three pick). Do they hate certain players? Other Canadian cities sellout during rough times. Problem is this is a fickle market

I did renew.  Really can't explain why but I just did. 

Having said that, if they are playing to WIN and not playing to DEVELOP, they are making a huge mistake.  We will end up dead in the water by adding at least another 5 years to uselessness and then the Owners will have a lot emptier building then they do now . .

2 hours ago, Nucks89 said:

Teams go through ups and downs. I wonder what it would take for the Canucks to sellout ( or near it) during a rebuild? Are fans not buying tickets because they are a middling team? ( Not good enough to win, yet not poor enough to get top three pick). Do they hate certain players? Other Canadian cities sellout during rough times. Problem is this is a fickle market

As a Season Ticket Holder it is not about losing that makes me dread going to the arena sometimes.  It is about watching a nightmare on the ice most nights.  When I cheer I get told to be quiet;  when I don't cheer I get told I am too quiet.  Sometimes you don't even know that you are in an arena watching a live game just because you can hear a pin drop and you are more often then not watching something that should be a TEAM sport, but isn't.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:50 PM, Nucks89 said:

Problem in my opinion is there's nothing to be excited about. The future is very bleak. Name one thing to be truly excited about as a canuck fan. Bo Horvat? Ben Hutton? Seriously LOL. Every single team in the NHL has their own Bo Horvat or Ben Hutton, or better! We don't have a Johnny Gudreau (Calgary), or a Connor McDavid (Edmonton), or an Auston Matthews (Toronto), or a Patrick Laine (Winnipeg), or an Erik Karlsson (Ottawa) or a Carey Price (Montreal). Those are all elite players who are true #1's in their position and have won/will win vezina's, calders, harts, art ross, Norris... etc... and they are all in their 20's.

What I am tired of is hearing the Canucks try and force the fans to be excited about these players. They want to try and make it sound like Bo Horvat is going to be the next Henrik Sedin, well, he isn't. They want to convince us Virtanen is going to be the next Bertuzzi, well, HE ISN'T! They want us to think Ben Hutton will be the next Mattias Ohlund, NOPE! This team is full of future 2nd liners, period. We do not have a single player on our team right now that is 1st line potential in the future. No one to take over for Henrik or Daniel when they leave. And our only true top line d-man is Chris Tanev... is the only true elite player we have who is probably going to get a lot of attention in the next few years and will probably start making the all-star team. Edler is past his prime.

Anyways... the Canucks desperately needed a top 3 pick this year (preferably a top 2). Only Auston Matthews or Patrick Laine would have temporarily saved this team, but only for 1 year. Then the reality check would have kicked in and people would have realized even Auston Matthews wouldn't save us. Heck, Edmonton got Connor McDavid (who is better than Matthews) and finished 29th overall. Bottom line... I see the Canucks finishing potentially dead last (30th overall) for a couple of years in a row.

9 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Problem in my opinion is there's nothing to be excited about. The future is very bleak. Name one thing to be truly excited about as a canuck fan. Bo Horvat? Ben Hutton? Seriously LOL. Every single team in the NHL has their own Bo Horvat or Ben Hutton, or better! We don't have a Johnny Gudreau (Calgary), or a Connor McDavid (Edmonton), or an Auston Matthews (Toronto), or a Patrick Laine (Winnipeg), or an Erik Karlsson (Ottawa) or a Carey Price (Montreal). Those are all elite players who are true #1's in their position and have won/will win vezina's, calders, harts, art ross, Norris... etc... and they are all in their 20's.

What I am tired of is hearing the Canucks try and force the fans to be excited about these players. They want to try and make it sound like Bo Horvat is going to be the next Henrik Sedin, well, he isn't. They want to convince us Virtanen is going to be the next Bertuzzi, well, HE ISN'T! They want us to think Ben Hutton will be the next Mattias Ohlund, NOPE! This team is full of future 2nd liners, period. We do not have a single player on our team right now that is 1st line potential in the future. No one to take over for Henrik or Daniel when they leave. And our only true top line d-man is Chris Tanev... is the only true elite player we have who is probably going to get a lot of attention in the next few years and will probably start making the all-star team. Edler is past his prime.

Anyways... the Canucks desperately needed a top 3 pick this year (preferably a top 2). Only Auston Matthews or Patrick Laine would have temporarily saved this team, but only for 1 year. Then the reality check would have kicked in and people would have realized even Auston Matthews wouldn't save us. Heck, Edmonton got Connor McDavid (who is better than Matthews) and finished 29th overall. Bottom line... I see the Canucks finishing potentially dead last (30th overall) for a couple of years in a row.

Well then, I guess you'll get your top 3 picks.  You must be very excited!

Just now, higgyfan said:

Well then, I guess you'll get your top 3 picks.  You must be very excited!

No, there's no guarantee of top 3 picks even finishing dead last. Guaranteed top 4 pick.

And you're wrong, I wouldn't be excited about that.

Actually, what's more likely to happen is the Canucks spend to the cap and sign someone like Stamkos, Hudler, Lucic, Eric Staal, etc. and push for the playoffs.

It's pretty hard to finish 30th when you are spending to the cap every year.

8 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Bottom line... I see the Canucks finishing potentially dead last (30th overall) for a couple of years in a row.

you could be right, but im going to tell you why your wrong. DON DON $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ DON DON DON$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

there is no way aquaman can sit their and see this team become last place. So what this team will do is sustain mediocrity, the biggest problem I have with this team is the darn RETOOL part there is no such thing, the only thing is going to happen is Benning will continue to make rushed trades. So be it he did decent in 1 (Baerstchi) but he lost (Corrado, Forsling, Mckewon) not only that Benning continues to hunt for grinders in his project players (d.mackenzie, Labbate, zalewski,) and on top of that he has something against skilled players (hunter shinkurak) actually one can argue he made that hunter shinkurak trade to save the season, believing Granlund can play Sutter's role.

Anyhow, this off -season this team will be in the market and will spend on some useless free-agents. What they should be doing is making trades for prospects and building around a core of Hutton, tanev, Horvat,Virtanen, and Boeser. and from there they should re build but our team will do what we are custom to see from this franchise, either go out and sign free-agents that are average, or sign free-agents like Dorsett and hype them up, and tell Willie to play a trap game because thats all they have and rely on the Sedins and the powerplay. 

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

you could be right, but im going to tell you why your wrong. DON DON $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ DON DON DON$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

there is no way aquaman can sit their and see this team become last place. So what this team will do is sustain mediocrity, the biggest problem I have with this team is the darn RETOOL part there is no such thing, the only thing is going to happen is Benning will continue to make rushed trades. So be it he did decent in 1 (Baerstchi) but he lost (Corrado, Forsling, Mckewon) not only that Benning continues to hunt for grinders in his project players (d.mackenzie, Labbate, zalewski,) and on top of that he has something against skilled players (hunter shinkurak) actually one can argue he made that hunter shinkurak trade to save the season, believing Granlund can play Sutter's role.

Anyhow, this off -season this team will be in the market and will spend on some useless free-agents. What they should be doing is making trades for prospects and building around a core of Hutton, tanev, Horvat,Virtanen, and Boeser. and from there they should re build but our team will do what we are custom to see from this franchise, either go out and sign free-agents that are average, or sign free-agents like Dorsett and hype them up, and tell Willie to play a trap game because thats all they have and rely on the Sedins and the powerplay. 

Best case scenario is Lucic re-signs with LA soon, and Stamkos goes with the Leafs.

I honestly feel like free agents simply are not going to want to come to Vancouver. We finished 28th... and free agents can look and see how we have treated Radim Vrbata and Ryan Miller.

Seriously, I find it really hard to believe that any free agent would come here. It would take a guy like Steven Stamkos signing here for other free agents to take us seriously. But I mean come on... Stamkos is going to get a phone call from Jim "DOOFUS" Benning and then another phonecall from Mike Babcock. We're at an immediate disadvantage.

Only person who might sign with us is Milan "Wore Out" Lucic, the 28 year old with the body of a 35 year old who will happily sign with us for 7 years at $7 million because we're desperate suckers.

• 5 weeks later...

The 2016-17 schedule was released today. It's an okay schedule but not super good if you are looking to resell some tickets to make back money to pay for other games.  Last year we had 11 Saturday games. This year we only have 9 games on Saturday. However, we have 1 more Sunday game this year, and 4 more Friday games, so it balances it out. Last year we only had 2 Friday games, and this year we have 6. I am really happy the Pittsburgh game is on a Saturday (but sucks it is in March). Here is the full schedule showing only "HOME" games:

PRE-SEASON

WED.SEP.28 - Edmonton
SUN.OCT.02 - San Jose
MON.OCT.03 - Arizona
THU.OCT.06 - Calgary

REGULAR SEASON

SAT.OCT.15 - Calgary
SUN.OCT.16 - Carolina
TUE.OCT.18 - St Louis
THU.OCT.20 - Buffalo
TUE.OCT.25 - Ottawa
FRI.OCT.28 - Edmonton
SAT.OCT.29 - Washington
SUN.NOV.13 - Dallas
TUE.NOV.15 - NY Rangers
THU.NOV.17 - Arizona
SAT.NOV.19 - Chicago
TUE.NOV.29 - Minnesota
THU.DEC.01 - Anaheim
SAT.DEC.03 - Toronto
FRI.DEC.16 - Tampa Bay
SUN.DEC.18 - Columbus
TUE.DEC.20 - Winnipeg
THU.DEC.22 - Winnipeg
WED.DEC.28 - Los Angeles
FRI.DEC.30 - Anaheim
MON.JAN.02 - Colorado
WED.JAN.04 - Arizona
FRI.JAN.06 - Calgary
SUN.JAN.15 - New Jersey
TUE.JAN.17 - Nashville
FRI.JAN.20 - Florida
THU.FEB.02 - San Jose
SAT.FEB.04 - Minnesota
SAT.FEB.18 - Calgary
SUN.FEB.19 - Philadelphia
SAT.FEB.25 - San Jose
TUE.FEB.28 - Detroit
TUE.MAR.07 - Montreal
THU.MAR.09 - NY Islanders
SAT.MAR.11 - Pittsburgh
MON.MAR.13 - Boston
THU.MAR.16 - Dallas
TUE.MAR.28 - Anaheim
FRI.MAR.31 - Los Angeles
SUN.APR.02 - San Jose
SAT.APR.08 - Edmonton

It's a decent schedule we do get Calgary visiting 3 times.  The 2nd game of the season against the Hurricanes is silly.

But maybe some people flying in from Calgary will stick around and see that game too.....cause I don't know who else would.

Don't like the back to back Jet games.  But otherwise I like it....the extra Friday games make up for the Saturday's and then some.

A lot of the more sexier opponents come later in the year.  Could be meaningless games.  

But ours is better than the Flames or Oilers....check out their schedules....3 and 4 home games in February and 10 and 11 in March.  

5 hours ago, BCNeil said:

It's a decent schedule we do get Calgary visiting 3 times.  The 2nd game of the season against the Hurricanes is silly.

But maybe some people flying in from Calgary will stick around and see that game too.....cause I don't know who else would.

Don't like the back to back Jet games.  But otherwise I like it....the extra Friday games make up for the Saturday's and then some.

A lot of the more sexier opponents come later in the year.  Could be meaningless games.  

But ours is better than the Flames or Oilers....check out their schedules....3 and 4 home games in February and 10 and 11 in March.  

Calgary's schedule is god awful. Edmonton is not too bad. But Calgary, wow, got the shaft.... only 6 Saturday games? None of them against marquee teams or "original 6" teams.

At least every year in Vancouver we get some good marquee games. We are pretty much guaranteed a Toronto HNIC game every year. It has to do with the time zones I think because Vancouver matches up perfectly with the "double header" for HNIC on Saturday with Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa. They need to bump the games up to 8:30 start time in Calgary for it to work.

2 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

big 3 saturday games for ReSell Leafs , Pens and Caps

I think if I had to pick the top 10 most expensive games they would be something like:

#1) SAT.MAR.11 - Pittsburgh
#2) SAT.DEC.03 - Toronto
#3) SAT.NOV.19 - Chicago
#4) TUE.MAR.07 - Montreal
#5) SAT.OCT.15 - Calgary
#6) SAT.OCT.29 - Washington
#7) SAT.APR.08 - Edmonton
#8) FRI.OCT.28 - Edmonton
#9) SAT.FEB.18 - Calgary
#10) MON.MAR.13 - Boston

2 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

is it even worth selling on stub hub ? or just stay on ticket exchange , cause i sold a couple tickets last year and it went towards this years package 

Ticket exchange has a minimum price you can list for....so many Canucks games will just not sell at that price.

So people that do sell extra tickets will stick to one location to keep things simple.  Generally stubhub.

It's kind of ironic how everyone poopoos people that sell tickets......yet the Canucks own system for allowing you to do so, won't allow you to sell at a loss.  Then has a disclaimer for buyers that tickets may be above face value. 

9 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I think if I had to pick the top 10 most expensive games they would be something like:

#1) SAT.MAR.11 - Pittsburgh
#2) SAT.DEC.03 - Toronto
#3) SAT.NOV.19 - Chicago
#4) TUE.MAR.07 - Montreal
#5) SAT.OCT.15 - Calgary
#6) SAT.OCT.29 - Washington
#7) SAT.APR.08 - Edmonton
#8) FRI.OCT.28 - Edmonton
#9) SAT.FEB.18 - Calgary
#10) MON.MAR.13 - Boston

Top 10 games for resale.

1.  Toronto Sat Dec 3

2.  Montreal Tue Mar 7

3   Calgary Sat Oct 15

4.  Edmonton Fri Oct 28

5   Calgary Sat Feb 18

6.  Edmonton Sat Apr 8

7.  Calgary Fri Jan 8

8.  Pittsburgh Sat Mar 11

9.  Chicago Sat Nov 19

10.  Anaheim Fri Dec 30

Worst 5 (not including preseason)

1.  Carolina Sun Oct 16

2.  Coyotes Thu Nov 17

3.  Coyotes Wed Jan 4

4.  Buffalo Thu Oct 20

5.  St, Louis Tue Oct 18

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Ticket exchange has a minimum price you can list for....so many Canucks games will just not sell at that price.

So people that do sell extra tickets will stick to one location to keep things simple.  Generally stubhub.

It's kind of ironic how everyone poopoos people that sell tickets......yet the Canucks own system for allowing you to do so, won't allow you to sell at a loss.  Then has a disclaimer for buyers that tickets may be above face value. 

then if a fan buys off stub hub they're paying pretty much the same as ticket exchange cause of the crap dollar

21 minutes ago, dsedinfan22 said:

then if a fan buys off stub hub they're paying pretty much the same as ticket exchange cause of the crap dollar

Once the market gets going with both sites having over 1000 listings per game.....prices will sort of work out so the final prices after all fees and exchange works out pretty close for the buyers.

I prefer Ticket exchange....just for them being in Canadian funds.  I hate going into the bank with a stack of stubhub cheques.

The teller acts like you are bringing in a stack of 100s covered in cocaine.  I will put all my Edmonton and Calgary tickets with them once they start up.  But last year about half the Canuck games couldn't be sold on it, Stubhub sellers were well below the Ticket Exchange minimum after exchange.  For example I think the minimum I could list my preseason UB II last year was $45 which works out to the buyer paying around $60.  Similar tickets on Stubhub $20-$30.

Maybe with UB IV this isn't as much a problem......or if the team is good this year.

Archived