The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

The Buffalo Sabres would like to thank Mike Ribeiro for his time with the team. It become apparent that we would not be resigning him this year, and we are happy that he could continue to help the team by bringing us a pick and a prospect. 

Thanks to @thejazz97 for pleasant and casual negotiations. While we have been fielding a lot of interest in our big name vets, we are also just as happy to make some low key tweaks. 

This is a good time to note that we are comfortable drafting in the later rounds, and happy to work in smaller picks. If there is anyone that doesn't want to bother scouting the 3-5th, we may be a good trade partner.  

Just now, Master Mind said:

small.png  To ARZ: Antoine Vermette

small.png  To NYR: Lars Johansson, 2019 5th (ARZ)

Pleased to do another deal with @thejazz97. There simply wasn't room to bring Antoine back next year, so might as well send him back to a former team of his. (RL and Puck) Hopefully for your sake he doesn't give another love tap to an official.

It's a long shot, but here's to hoping that a cap crunch forces Lars into the backup role for the RL Hawks.

RUMOURS OUTTA Smashville!!!
Yea we spell rumours with a "u" here in Tennessee

John "way too honest" Garrett reports that GM Apollo will be selling off Tyler Johnson to the highest bidder. Tyler is an RFA and has yet to re-sign with Nashville. The disgruntled GM is said to be looking for a good return. He was Nashville's first round draft pick before Apollo took over the team mid way through the inaugural draft. They'll probably be open to picks and/or prospects. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled off a deal that included NHL ready talent coming back or even a 1 for 1 deal... Star for Star. 

Furthermore, Tyler Johnson's girlfriend has left him for Luca Sbisa's jock strap. This make 9 in a row that he's lost to the superiorly and incredibly good looking Sbisa. 

Other than a deal including TJ; Nashville will likely stand pat.

Rumbling of ownership also un-happy with certain aspects of the current GM. Ownership will likely announce a hiring of some sort this off season to their front office. It's rumoured that a former NHL'er is involved and will take some pressure away from Apollo who has made his fair share of horrible decisions. 

Also confirmed, that Jim Hughson is a sell out who recycled his 2011 Canucks vs Hawks game 7 line for the Anaheim game 7 victory earlier in the playoffs. SELL OUT! 

In other news, my moustache lives on. 

Regards,

GOAT

garrett_j2.jpg

I'm running out of 4th round picks so I think unless there's an unbelievable deal or something that helps us out with the expansion draft (cough cough Ribeiro), we'll be standing pat as well, apart from deals and agreements that have already been made.

On behalf of the Pittsburgh Penguins, I am proud to announce the hiring of @Rampant Raccoon as AGM. He is a very intelligent hockey guy and I am looking forward to having someone to bounce trade ideas off of in a league that is full of vultures who seem keen on poaching my young players away from me. 

Please include both of us in future trade negotiations. Pittsburgh is still open to pre-expansion draft negotiations. We have at least one key player to be exposed in all three positions so we'd be interested in exploring any type of trades, including those that mean sending us expansion eligible players back. 

Players with retained salary should now show up on the team screen for both the team retaining the salary, and the team with the player.

That way it's easier to plan ahead, and to know if more salary can be retained on a particular player.

If a player was missed, please point it out and it will be fixed.

17 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Players with retained salary should now show up on the team screen for both the team retaining the salary, and the team with the player.

That way it's easier to plan ahead, and to know if more salary can be retained on a particular player.

If a player was missed, please point it out and it will be fixed.

Thanks for doing this @Master Mind appreciate the work that goes into that. Very helpful for team planning. 

Does the total salary used number reflect any retention we might have ?

Never Mind, I Can answer my own question. It does 

22 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Does the total salary used number reflect any retention we might have ?

Yep. It should be taking into account both salary retained by you and salary retained by other GMs.

If it doesn't, let me know.

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Yep. It should be taking into account both salary retained by you and salary retained by other GMs.

If it doesn't, let me know.

Do you know when will contracts roll over from 2016-2017 to 2017-2018? 

Archived