The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I saw a feature on him and his number and how the Canucks asked him to change it(they backtracked after they found out the history behind it) because they don't like high numbers. Why? Why the hell is this organization that changes it's jersey every 5 years for a cash grab dictating what numbers it's players can't wear? Such BS, just worry about the names on the back Gillis, not the number below it. If Detroit or Chicago did this then I wouldn't question it because they are historic franchises with championships attached to it but Vancouver, c'mon.

Anywhoo, love watching this kid step it up this year. The Memorial Cup show they are doing on London right now seems like a good watch even though I've only seen the one episode. Can't wait for the World Jr.'s

He's going to wear 53.

Funny thing is the org doesn't like big numbers, yet all our prospects have been givin big numbers!?

Pretty weird if you ask me.

Low numbers mean you're on the team, like when Corrado went from #57 to #26 when he was called up last season. >40 numbers are for prospects. Rookie numbers have you.

And yeah, Gaunce #50, Jensen #46, Horvat #53, Shinkaruk #48

Edited by Joel Heyman

schroeder isnt (and probably wont ever be) a full time roster player.

Schroeder should have made the team this year, injuries are in the way and I expect him to spend the season up after a conditioning stint, barring any significant setback in his play from said injury.

It also doesn't help that his #18 has been taken both years he's been on the team.

• Upvote 1