The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) MTL and VAN

I've seen this trade on Twitter and heard it on the radio over the last 24hrs and wanted to see what people thought

To Van 

9th overall 

Brendan Gallagher

To Mtl

5th overall

i did some reading on Gallagher and beside the height sounds like a good young RW and with 9th overall we will still get a good player, while Mtl gets the chance to draft Dubois.  Like I said not mine but thought the idea was interesting.

I'd consider this. 

His size is a question mark for me, but he got darn near a point a game last season.  If he can get anywhere close to that for the remainder of his contract, his 3.7m cap hit is going to look like a steal.

Montreal would have to be real keen on Dubois.

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

I'd consider this. 

His size is a question mark for me, but he got darn near a point a game last season.  If he can get anywhere close to that for the remainder of his contract, his 3.7m cap hit is going to look like a steal.

Montreal would have to be real keen on Dubois.

Gallagher was the only player who showed up once Price went down (when he was healthy enough to play).

I see BG having a tougher time in this conference.   His gritty,  heart and soul type play, while admirable,  would only exacerbate his injury troubles playing against bigger, stronger players in the west imo.  It's one thing to play like that when you're Lucic, another when you're BG's  size.

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

No keep the pick I think we have our own Brendan Gallagher coming up in the ranks.

If anyone wants Dubois or Tkatchuck they better be dam well willing to overpay or they can kick rocks.

I'm pretty sure that if any of the top 10 picks are moved it will be for what will be considered by most fans to be massive overpayment.

33 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Hahaha. Seriously? Montreal would laugh at you if you suggested Gallagher for the 5th. Let alone adding in the 9th 

gallagher is a solid hardworking  rwer but dont think hes worth that he might put 40 points up a yr but theres no way hes worth a 5th overall more like a  mid first rounder his contract isnt as good as hansens but hes 6 yrs younger  he wont get you a top ten pick your dreaming and overvaluing him 

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No keep the pick I think we have our own Brendan Gallagher coming up in the ranks.

If anyone wants Dubois or Tkatchuck they better be dam well willing to overpay or they can kick rocks.

at the end of the day we only trade that pick if its a massive overpayment you dont move top five draft picks unless its a crazy offer we are gonna get a top six forward or really decent dman at that pick who could play 10-15 yrs with us. 

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

gallagher is a solid hardworking  rwer but dont think hes worth that he might put 40 points up a yr but theres no way hes worth a 5th overall more like a  mid first rounder his contract isnt as good as hansens but hes 6 yrs younger  he wont get you a top ten pick your dreaming and overvaluing him 

He put up 40 in 53 games last season prior to breaking his fingers blocking a shot.  The year before he put up 47 in 83 games. He's broken 40 points in every full season he's played.  Hansen has done it twice in 8 seasons.  You're an idiot if you think Montreal trades him for a 5th overall pick. And a bigger idiot if you don't think he's worth it

1 hour ago, mmead said:

I've seen this trade on Twitter and heard it on the radio over the last 24hrs and wanted to see what people thought

To Van 

9th overall 

Brendan Gallagher

To Mtl

5th overall

i did some reading on Gallagher and beside the height sounds like a good young RW and with 9th overall we will still get a good player, while Mtl gets the chance to draft Dubois.  Like I said not mine but thought the idea was interesting.

I would rather take their 9th pick, a second rounder and Juulson.  Don't want anything to do with Ghallagher.  He's very overrated. Hansen is a better player - IMHAO, of course.  (and I'm right) 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I would rather take their 9th pick, a second rounder and Juulson.  Don't want anything to do with Ghallagher.  He's very overrated. Hansen is a better player - IMHAO, of course.  (and I'm right) 

Based on what?

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He put up 40 in 53 games last season prior to breaking his fingers blocking a shot.  The year before he put up 47 in 83 games. He's broken 40 points in every full season he's played.  Hansen has done it twice in 8 seasons.  You're an idiot if you think Montreal trades him for a 5th overall pick. And a bigger idiot if you don't think he's worth it

yah he breaks his fingers ever yr  so maybe he should get better gloves  he wont score more than 47 points hes injury prone and overrated  youd provably trade a top five pick for dale weise  and go all in on team plumbers. vancouver would rather a tkachuk for 10-15 yrs playing with virtanen, horvat, baertchi and rodin hutton and tryamkin. Sorry but benning hangs the phone up

Just now, canuktravella said:

yah he breaks his fingers ever yr  so maybe he should get better gloves  he wont score more than 47 points hes injury prone and overrated  youd provably trade a top five pick for dale weise  and go all in on team plumbers. vancouver would rather a tkachuk for 10-15 yrs playing with virtanen, horvat, baertchi and rodin hutton and tryamkin. Sorry but benning hangs the phone up

He broke his fingers last season.  Prior to that he missed 1 game over the previous 3 seasons.  Maybe get your facts right

Archived