The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Yelchin, Star Trek actor, dies in car accident at age 27

Mikey2Dope

11 hours ago, Rocky Balboa said:

I think there was a recall on Jeep Cherokee's (his car) that had to do with this issue.

There was a recall on the parking brake missing? No, looking at the recall it had to do with it confusing people who weren't sure if they were putting it in park.  Which makes senses because people are becoming dumber by the day.

9 hours ago, LaBamba said:

You really put your e brake on every time you leave your car? Putting your transmission in Park is what most people do. Unless of course it's a manual transmission. 

When it's on an incline? Yes. That was your parking brake stops you and not your transmission. Using your transmission to stop you on an incline is hard on the transmission and will wear it out quicker.

10 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

There was a recall on the parking brake missing? No, looking at the recall it had to do with it confusing people who weren't sure if they were putting it in park.  Which makes senses because people are becoming dumber by the day.

When it's on an incline? Yes. That was your parking brake stops you and not your transmission. Using your transmission to stop you on an incline is hard on the transmission and will wear it out quicker.

By parking brake you meant the lever or pedal in your car connected to a cable that runs a mechanical brake conpletely separate from your closed loop disc brakes that locks your real driver wheel right? Cause I call that an e-brake and I never use mine unless I'm loading/unloading a boat. 

On June 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

maybe god is taking the celebrities before the end of the times lol sorry bad joke. Yeah but its life, we are all going to go, just this month lots of celebrities ppl with high profile are leaving the world. It's a odd month, but its life.

It's just a big game of drawing short straws. Tragic loss of a young life. 

15 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

By parking brake you meant the lever or pedal in your car connected to a cable that runs a mechanical brake conpletely separate from your closed loop disc brakes that locks your real driver wheel right? Cause I call that an e-brake and I never use mine unless I'm loading/unloading a boat. 

Parking brake, e brake. Same thing.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/20/anton-yelchin-dead-shifting-transmission-jeep-neutral/

"The Jeep that rolled backwards and killed 27-year-old actor Anton Yelchin was recalled because the shifting mechanism caused drivers to unintentionally leave it in the wrong gear."

He probably thought he put it in park. The shifter moves back to center after shifting into any gear.

22 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/20/anton-yelchin-dead-shifting-transmission-jeep-neutral/

"The Jeep that rolled backwards and killed 27-year-old actor Anton Yelchin was recalled because the shifting mechanism caused drivers to unintentionally leave it in the wrong gear."

He probably thought he put it in park. The shifter moves back to center after shifting into any gear.

And this is why you always use the parking brake.

Archived