The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

9 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

fail.

Maybe Pittsburgh shouldn't have drafted Crosby because they already had Malkin? 

Deadly offensive player. (Makar) there are some Junior A followers that believe he is the best prospect they've seen since Paul Kariya.  Makar is special and I think his floor is a number 2 offensive dman. Wouldn't complain if we draft.

why do we need Glass when we already have Horvat and Sutter?

Your post contradicts yourself completely :wacko:

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Anyone have a take on Josh Norris, seemed like he performed well at the combine. Would he be a good pick at #55 ?

He's ranked usually back end of first round or top half of second so most likley gone by 55. 

7 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

fail.

Maybe Pittsburgh shouldn't have drafted Crosby because they already had Malkin? 

Deadly offensive player. (Makar) there are some Junior A followers that believe he is the best prospect they've seen since Paul Kariya.  Makar is special and I think his floor is a number 2 offensive dman. Wouldn't complain if we draft.

why do we need Glass when we already have Horvat and Sutter?

Fail?

Makar's comp quality raises legitimate doubts about his skill transferring to the NHL.  These may well prove unfounded and he could be the guy to get this draft. To me it's a judgement call by JB and co.

I don't always take Buttons opponion as the gospel.  Not saying that he isn't right in this case, but If he was such a good judge of talent, why did he suck as a GM, especially at drafting. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Highly Highly doubt that.

Most likley are just confident NJ gonna take him with 1

They may be looking to add size at center instead of skill.  Patrick has both.  It could be that if Patrick is gone, then they take Vlardi. They have Giroux already and may be looking for a match up center.  

That 3rd could really become a sweet spot and JB needs to get er done. 

If Nico fell to 3rd and we have the 5th as well.... Perfect storm for retooling on the fly... lol. 

7 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Fail?

Makar's comp quality raises legitimate doubts about his skill transferring to the NHL.  These may well prove unfounded and he could be the guy to get this draft. To me it's a judgement call by JB and co.

I don't always take Buttons opponion as the gospel.  Not saying that he isn't right in this case, but If he was such a good judge of talent, why did he suck as a GM, especially at drafting. 

To be honest I was one of the biggest Button haters for years. Thought he was big clown/moron/doofus you name it haha.

But over the past 2 years or so he has really grown as a scout and I think he really does put the work into watching and evaluating players and has been doing a fairly good job at it.

His rankings are one of the better ones out there for public access and I value his opinion now.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

They may be looking to add size at center instead of skill.  Patrick has both.  It could be that if Patrick is gone, then they take Vlardi. They have Giroux already and may be looking for a match up center.  

That 3rd could really become a sweet spot and JB needs to get er done. 

If Nico fell to 3rd and we have the 5th as well.... Perfect storm for retooling on the fly... lol. 

Would be a dream scenario - stranger things have happened!

37 minutes ago, R3aL said:

To be honest I was one of the biggest Button haters for years. Thought he was big clown/moron/doofus you name it haha.

But over the past 2 years or so he has really grown as a scout and I think he really does put the work into watching and evaluating players and has been doing a fairly good job at it.

His rankings are one of the better ones out there for public access and I value his opinion now.

He's come a long way. His rankings used to be a joke. Now they're respectable.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

hey was this site shut down for the day yesterday?

I dunno but I feel like I have a CDC addiction cuz I was legit checking this site every hour at work and every half hour at home lol

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Not sure if Canucks needs anymore softies.

It was this kind of thinking led us to missing out on Nylander and Ehlers.  When picking high in the first round, skill and high hockey IQ is what you are looking for.

• Upvote 3