The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

1 hour ago, 70seven said:

Not all the TSN panel is against Van.  Both Button and McGuire fully support Vancouvers moves this offseason.  

Like mentioned...  You take last years team, hoppefully another step forward for Horvat, Baertschi, Virtanen, Hutton...  and add Sutter, Gudbranson, and Eriksson....  Theres no reason they wont be a significantly improved group.

Year after you add Boeser, Demko, possibly Juolevi, and the following year you have another 15 million or so to spend.

Its not nearly the doom and gloom that most Eastern media and other fan bases are raving about.

F@#K The eastern nobs. Both TSN and Sportsnet

5 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

This team needs top 5 picks.  Not 30something year old free agents.  Erikson is a great player that makes us better in the short term, but he only takes us further from winning the cup by costing us good draft position.

I would rather support a Detroit model vs an Edmonton model. 

If we ice a competitive team and things don't work out or we run into injuries...then I'm fine with a high pick. But that shouldn't be the goal. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, <DarkGhost> said:

If we ice a competitive team and things don't work out or we run into injuries...then I'm fine with a high pick. But that shouldn't be the goal. 

People keep saying this as if it's the only example...

How about a Pittsburgh or Chicago model?

1 minute ago, Odjicks Tooth said:

Is this guy really a better option for the Twins?

They need a guy to get into the dirty areas and battle for the puck.

Does Loui provide this?

Better than Hansen, Burrows or Vrbata?

Pretty sure the answer is yes....

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Ruxin'sVinegarStrokes said:

Adding Guddy  and hopefully a bigger Vrtanen  to next year's lineup  makes me hope we go for some more goal scoring skill.  Who else is left besides Boedker ? 

He's bigger alright, if that was him working out behind Guddy in his video he looks like he stole the keys to a Patisserie over the summer.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

People keep saying this as if it's the only example...

How about a Pittsburgh or Chicago model?

There are examples on both sides. 

With competent GM moves, good development, and some luck...either model can have the same result. 

Just remember our top offensive prospect right now was picked late in the 1st round. 

3 minutes ago, <DarkGhost> said:

The Detroit model was drafting the best defenseman of all time and riding him till he retired.  Most of that happened before the current cap era when 2/3 of the league had no chance. 

The Edmonton model is also the Hawks model (3 cups). It's also the Kings model (2 cups).  It's also the Penguins model (2 cups). 

Vancouver is using the old Toronto model.  Try to push a below average team into the playoffs though old free agents (Vrbata, Miller, Erikson).

2 minutes ago, <DarkGhost> said:

There are examples on both sides. 

With competent GM moves, good development, and some luck...either model can have the same result. 

Just remember our top offensive prospect right now was picked late in the 1st round. 

In the same draft as McDavid. Are you saying you'd rather have Boeser than McDavid?

CD was exactly the reason that I hated the Miller and Vrbata signings as soon as they were made.