The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks, Kings, Yotes and Hawks have reached out to Vanek.

1 minute ago, LolClarkson said:

18 goals

Paced or had 20 plus goals every single year he's played. Last year was the first time he didn't make 20 and he still paced for it. 

Easy 20 goals on a contract to prove himself is low-risk, high-reward. Can play either wing, so he adds competition for all the young players. Plus he can run the 2nd pp unit with Bo. 

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

Paced or had 20 plus goals every single year he's played. Last year was the first time he didn't make 20 and he still paced for it. 

Easy 20 goals on a contract to prove himself is low-risk, high-reward. Can play either wing, so he adds competition for all the young players. Plus he can run the 2nd pp unit with Bo. 

Yep and we need scoring. Trade for Yak or sign Vanek. Vanek dont cost assets

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

We already got rid of a similar guy in Vrbata.  No reason to add another soft, lazy, one dimensional scorer who doesn't score a lot anymore.

Vanek went from 60-80 points to a steady 40+. He hasn't missed a beat one season. for the right $ amount I would take a Vanek in a second. 

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Vanek 1 year @ 2-3M. I'd be stoked. 

I wouldn't.  Every Canuck player, if they're going to be a competitive team have to be good 2 way players.  Sedins are.  Vanek definitely isn't.  Why I was so bummed on Vrbata was that I thought he was a solid 2 way player........which turned out to be wrong

2 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

Empty cap space doesn't score goals either

But it provides a spot for a young guy to produce.  It also allows us to take some cap back in a trade for a good piece.  What good did Vrbata do last year besides whine about his linemates despite floating around the ice like a lazy bum?

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

I wouldn't.  Every Canuck player, if they're going to be a competitive team have to be good 2 way players.  Sedins are.  Vanek definitely isn't.  Why I was so bummed on Vrbata was that I thought he was a solid 2 way player........which turned out to be wrong

Vrbata got 30+ goals. Enough of the hate

Just now, LolClarkson said:

Vrbata got 30+ goals. Enough of the hate

First year, and disappeared in the playoffs.  Second year, he looked like Marco Sturm out there.  Couldn't score and was one of the laziest players on the ice night-in, night-out.

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

On a 1 year deal Vanek can return to his days where he had a strong work ethic or he can ride the pine. If he wants another contract he can play for it. 

Pre-Montreal Vanek was a hardworking forward known for his compete level. Canucks are gonna be competitive on the wings: Sedin, Sedin, Eriksson, Virtanen, Etem, Hansen, Burrows, Baer, etc. 

IMO it's the ideal fit for Vanek to bounce back. 

Vanek needs a playmaker on his line.   One of the reasons it failed in Minnesota is because they didn't have a gifted passer on his line. 

He typically gets in position and waits for someone to feed him the puck - he scores a lot on tip-ins and deflections.  He is also better suited to start in the o-zone as his foot speed is limited.  

Archived