The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Rogue One Star Wars trailer

Slegr

On August 15, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Alflives said:

I thought Han was killed in the last one, by his own bastard son?  (That actor, don't know his name, was the only part of that movie that was any good.)

He was, but this storyline takes place right before A New Hope, so Han is alive during this period.

3 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

There's no time travel in Star Wars, you're thinking (or not thinking) of Star Trek.

I'm thinking can the timeline change, or do we already know the ending that must be?  Prequels can be EXTREMELY boring, because we know what must happen.  I was hoping things could be different.

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm thinking can the timeline change, or do we already know the ending that must be?  Prequels can be EXTREMELY boring, because we know what must happen.  I was hoping things could be different.

No, we know the end result. All the films are canon and all follow the same storyline.

We don't know how certain events happened though. This film is about how the Rebels got the plans for the first Death Star, the plans that Princess Leia stores in R2 at the beginning of A New Hope.

a2d3b8df-2d19-4b93-9e58-16c8a24f082b_tex

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

No, we know the end result. All the films are canon and all follow the same storyline.

We don't know how certain events happened though. This film is about how the Rebels got the plans for the first Death Star, the plans that Princess Leia stores in R2 at the beginning of A New Hope.

a2d3b8df-2d19-4b93-9e58-16c8a24f082b_tex

But we know she gets the plans, and puts them in R2, so where is the suspense/drama?  Sorry, I don't get it. :(

Just now, Alflives said:

Your point?  I liked the last Star Wars, well I liked the bad guy.  Why not have that continue?

It will, they're making Episode VIII as we speak (type).

I guess my point is that just because you know the end result of certain elements of a story doesn't mean that there aren't character arcs and plot points that would be enjoyable to watch and have their own drama and suspense for the audience.

Why have Batman Begins? We all know he becomes Batman, right? 

2 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

It will, they're making Episode VIII as we speak (type).

I guess my point is that just because you know the end result of certain elements of a story doesn't mean that there aren't character arcs and plot points that would be enjoyable to watch and have their own drama and suspense for the audience.

Why have Batman Begins? We all know he becomes Batman, right? 

To be honest, I have not seen the Star War movies, except the first and the last.  I will certainly go see any new Star Wars movie though, with that actor being the bad guy from the last one.  I must admit I was shocked at the death of Han, but thought it was good.  If that makes sense?

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

To be honest, I have not seen the Star War movies, except the first and the last.  I will certainly go see any new Star Wars movie though, with that actor being the bad guy from the last one.  I must admit I was shocked at the death of Han, but thought it was good.  If that makes sense?

Hans death was a great dramatic moment in the Star Wars canon. Adam Driver (the actor you like) will be playing Kylo Ren again in Episode VIII, which is scheduled for December 2017 release. Skip this one if you're mostly just interested in seeing Kylo Ren.

200.gif

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Hans death was a great dramatic moment in the Star Wars canon. Adam Driver (the actor you like) will be playing Kylo Ren again in Episode VIII, which is scheduled for December 2017 release. Skip this one if you're mostly just interested in seeing Kylo Ren.

Thanks!  I've skipped most of them it appears.  

That young actor (Adam Driver) could be the next Allan Rickman of bad guys.  He's really very good, and Rickman was one of, if not the best bad guy.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Thanks!  I've skipped most of them it appears.  

That young actor (Adam Driver) could be the next Allan Rickman of bad guys.  He's really very good, and Rickman was one of, if not the best bad guy.  

I love Rickman for sure, but there's way too many fabulous villain actors to just pick one...Nicholson, Curry, Fiennes, Hopkins, the list goes on & on.

2 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I love Rickman for sure, but there's way too many fabulous villain actors to just pick one...Nicholson, Curry, Fiennes, Hopkins, the list goes on & on.

Yes, those guys are all good too, but there was always a special twinkle in Rickman's eye, and I saw that in Young Mr. Driver.  As a fan I love them and hate them at the same time, like sweet and sour.  To murder Han Solo took a special character portrayed in the perfect way.  I found myself actually feeling sorry for that character, as he was killing his father.  It's the twinkle. 

Archived